zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

v0.917 is out

Changelog:

• New secondary objectives UI. It can be accessed from the base or any FOB, by the server admin, the commander, or any player who has the "misc" permission.
  • Secondary objectives now cost intel (the blue star resource). Intel can be earned by capturing prisoners or finding intel in hostile military bases.
  • For now the only secondary mission is the usual FOB hunting, more will follow now that the mission framework allows it.
  • Added bounties for vehicle kills, that can be disabled in mission options.
  • Added the Endgame spectator mode with a bunch of spectator slots.
  • Various bug fixes and tweaks to existing systems.
  • Squad management is now available all the time for squad leaders, not only close to spawn options.
  • Calmed down the weapon sway from A3 v1.54.
  • Like 4

You could tweak the Zeus setup but it makes little sense when the commander mode is coming. It will allow to build remotely from the RTS interface, using the mission resources system ;)

Also some of the costs set in the script don't work, you need the mission modules synchronised with the Zeus module to restrict moving stuff around, deleting and destroying and such. 

Edit: apparently it's been fixed at some point because now the script alone works perfectly, so I've removed the modules

Thank you Zbug.  Don't worry, I'm very excited for the new commander mode.  :)

What I'm trying to do is have is have two separate curators, with the commander still being limited, but the second curator fully unlocked.  Right now the script curators runs for all curators and limits them.

The second curator would be tied to a logged in admin, so I log in to do game master content for my players in between or around normal Liberation stuff, and so when we have only a few players I could play others roles and just log in and quickly shuffle AI teammates around.

I'm really new at scripting so I'm pretty bad at it. I think I got it briefly working last night by giving the commander's curator module a name, breaking the final part of the script into two and having the limit part only run on the commander's curator.  I panicked though when I reloaded the default mission and zeus completely broke.

Also please don't waste to much time on this!  If I want it really bad I'll just disable the editing limits.

v0.917 is out

Changelog:

• New secondary objectives UI. It can be accessed from the base or any FOB, by the server admin, the commander, or any player who has the "misc" permission.
  • Secondary objectives now cost intel (the blue star resource). Intel can be earned by capturing prisoners or finding intel in hostile military bases.
  • For now the only secondary mission is the usual FOB hunting, more will follow now that the mission framework allows it.
  • Added bounties for vehicle kills, that can be disabled in mission options.
  • Added the Endgame spectator mode with a bunch of spectator slots.
  • Various bug fixes and tweaks to existing systems.
  • Squad management is now available all the time for squad leaders, not only close to spawn options.
  • Calmed down the weapon sway from A3 v1.54.

Amazing, great work.

Hey man, amazing mod. Again.

We've been running Liberation for a while now and we just loaded in to our server and we can't access any of the FOB or Arsenal functions (they don't appear in mouse wheel) and we don't have the resources list appear on our hub. Except for recycle. We've tried reloading the mission, restarting server, etc. 

Mission was working fine like an hour ago, but we all loaded in for a weekly event and it just stopped working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm still running 0.911, wasn't sure if upgrading to a new version would wipe our progress.

Several bugs that could cause a savegame corruption have been resolved since then, you should always update as much as possible (it won't wipe the save)

• Like 1

Cool thanks man I'll update it then. You think our savegame is corrupted?

Yes, most of the scripts start only when the savegame has been successfully loaded.

To fix the most common issue that used to happen you can log as admin, open the console, execute this:

resources_ammo = 1000; trigger_server_save = true;

Wait a few seconds then restart the server, it may or may not work

Hi, Im french, then sorry for my poor english.

I tried to post in french but rejected by the admin.thats the live !!

My team play your mission every friday evenning and love it.

The problem is :

each time a team member receive a bullet from enemy he dies and respawn in FOB or elsewhere

we are using the last update 0.917 and it doesn't change anything

I tried to find a solution by reading this post but nothing. maybe it is due to my poor english and/or a bad understanding

dear community, could you help me to resolve the problem and fing settings to keep players oin the field to wait medics before respawn automaticly

then all my =FOB= team will be grateful all 

thanks

=FOB=Noxx

Are you using ACE or any mod that would alter the revive functions?

Many thanks Zbug for your quick reply.

No, no mods I will send to you tomorrow morning all configs files regarding this point.

Have you disabled the revive system in the mission parameters ?

followed

description settings

respawn = 3;
respawndelay = 5;
disabledAI = true;

farooqs revive
//
// Farooq's Revive 1.5
//

//------------------------------------------//
// Parameters - Feel free to edit these
//------------------------------------------//

// Seconds until unconscious unit bleeds out and dies. Set to 0 to disable.
FAR_BleedOut = 300;

// Enable teamkill notifications
FAR_EnableDeathMessages = true;

// If enabled, unconscious units will not be able to use ACRE radio, hear other people or use proximity chat
FAR_MuteACRE = false;

/*
0 = Only medics can revive
1 = All units can revive
2 = Same as 1 but a medikit is required to revive
*/
FAR_ReviveMode = ( GRLIB_revive - 1 );

mission parameters

class Revive {
title = $STR_PARAMS_REVIVE;
values[] = { 3, 2, 1, 0 };
texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_REVIVE3, $STR_PARAMS_REVIVE2, $STR_PARAMS_REVIVE1, $STR_PARAMS_DISABLED };
default = 2;
};

and init sqf

if ( GRLIB_revive > 0 ) then {

[] execVM "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";

what's GRILB ?

Ha, if you've modified your version of the mission then I won't be able to help, as I'm already busy enough with my own bugs as it is :p

You may want to add the -showScriptErrors parameter to your arma launcher and have a look at the rpt logs to see what's breaking

Great mission, very popular with my group. One issue, I've modified the mission slightly by adding in a premade  loadout into each player's  init line.  The player spawns  in with the proper uniform, vest, helmet and backpack, but no weapons and backpack and clothing are empty. I've noticed that upon death, all items also disappear from player's inventory. Is there a way to override this? At least in the initial spawning in. I don't want everyone to have to gear up in the arsenal. 

Modifed pbo  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_-h9YK1k19TcGxXbkUyU0NkemM/view?usp=sharing 

Hey, I've been trying to get this working for a while and I can't seem to figure it out. I have a c130 mod installed and I'd love to be able to build it on the airfield, but it's so big (the circle is around 45 meters) that there isn't a single place where i can place it. Is there a way to remove the circle/make it buildable even if the airfield lights are there? Thanks a bunch :]

-EDIT. in addition to that, it seems to think that its own spheres (the markers created) are objects. I've gotten to the point where there are only 18 objects blocking it. and they're all "sphere 100cm"

One issue, I've modified the mission slightly by adding in a premade  loadout into each player's  init line.  The player spawns  in with the proper uniform, vest, helmet and backpack, but no weapons and backpack and clothing are empty. I've noticed that upon death, all items also disappear from player's inventory. Is there a way to override this? At least in the initial spawning in. I don't want everyone to have to gear up in the arsenal.

You could remove every occurence of removeAllWeapons in the sqf. Thanks to you I've noticed there's one too many, the only one that should stay is in onPlayerRespawn.sqf. But if you remove all of them that should correct your issue. You don't like the quick arsenal feature? :p (you can have premade loadouts and select the one you want on deployment)

Hey, I've been trying to get this working for a while and I can't seem to figure it out. I have a c130 mod installed and I'd love to be able to build it on the airfield, but it's so big (the circle is around 45 meters) that there isn't a single place where i can place it. Is there a way to remove the circle/make it buildable even if the airfield lights are there? Thanks a bunch :]

I don't want to put mod specifics in the main version because that's endless. You can always do a specific in your version, but you'd run the risk of having your c130 clip into something and explode instantly. Maybe that 45 meters size is too much but that's in the mod config. Sadly I didn't find how to make proper vehicle ghosts in vanilla like we had in Arma 2 warfare, if anyone has a way to achieve the same result I'll be glad to make the building script more tolerant with surrounding objects

If you've got a good gameplay video and want to have it put on top of this thread, feel free to ask

v0.918 is out

Changelog:

• Implemented a dynamic sector activation range which goes down when there's many existing AI units, to avoid activating entire clusters of sectors and causing performance issues,
  • Town defenders may now have flashlights,
  • Added a few empty civilian vehicles around the map,
  • Fixed an issue with saved AAF vehicles getting their crews on the resistance side,
  • Fixed an issue with missing info when joining in progress during a secondary mission,
  • Added a mission parameter which will activate the new disableRemoteSensors command on all clients. This is supposed to give better performance while removing some of the AI simulation, but to be honest I've seen no difference one way or another. If you want to run tests with it, you're welcome!

I'll be adding new types of secondary objectives during the winter break ;)

• Like 4

Sorry for that if may havew been asked before. Can I just update the mission while maintaining the current savegame? I am coming from v0.917. Any known compatibility issues?

Anyway, congratulations for the great mission you have made. Most awesome enviroment I have ever played on the ArmA series.

Best regards

• Like 1

Yes the savegame will work without issues, it's only if you go backwards in versions that you might have issues

Yes the savegame will work without issues, it's only if you go backwards in versions that you might have issues

Thank you!

Any news regarding HC support?

HC is already supported, if your server has headless clients it will just work (up to 3 of them - I could easily add more but there's no real point at the moment)

You can monitor server and HC activity (local units and fps) on the bottom left corner of the map, if you see HC info there that means it works

Thank you, will try it with HC (never tried it until now, all missions I've done had only a few IA units).

After some hours playing it, the people I play with noticed there's no reward or interest in trying to recover not-armed vehicles and helicopters, like transport trucks or some big helis. It's easier for them to destroy and re-spawn them, or just leave them on the battlefield. Even more if they are damaged, while the point there should be to force them to carry a repair vehicle to it. It's like we have an infinite source of them. Could be very interesting to add another ammo-like number, but it could be named spare parts for example, or whatever. Only the very basic vehicles like quads are totally free. That would aid in people caring about their vehicles!

On another side of things, I noticed you already had french and german translations. Contact me if you want the spanish one to be done.

Best regards