zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Thanks, zbug.  Just updated my post with this info to help others.  I read through more of the thread and tested and found this.  Appreciate the feedback and really enjoy this mission.  We just started testing .914 last night and like it a lot.  Keep up the good work and thank you again.

zbug - "Make sure the revive parameter is set to "disable" so the ACE revive can work properly. If that's already the case then maybe people who play with ACE will be able to help"

The resupply will create another unit with same class as the one you're trying to resupply, swap their inventories, then delete the other unit

Ah, so this isn't waiting long enough for the 3CB unit to spawn it's equipment, so it's copying an incomplete inventory. Any chance of a pointer of where to put a delay into the scripts?

Thanks

~Z~

Ah, so this isn't waiting long enough for the 3CB unit to spawn it's equipment, so it's copying an incomplete inventory. Any chance of a pointer of where to put a delay into the scripts?

Thanks

~Z~

in scripts\client\ui\squad_management.sqf line 190

_tempgmp = createGroup WEST;
(typeof _selectedmember) createUnit [ markers_reset, _tempgmp,''];
[ (units _tempgmp) select 0, _selectedmember ] call F_swapInventory;
deleteVehicle ((units _tempgmp) select 0);

You could try adding a sleep in there. And moving this into another block of code you'd call with spawn would avoid freezing the UI

in scripts\client\ui\squad_management.sqf line 190

_tempgmp = createGroup WEST;
(typeof _selectedmember) createUnit [ markers_reset, _tempgmp,''];
[ (units _tempgmp) select 0, _selectedmember ] call F_swapInventory;
deleteVehicle ((units _tempgmp) select 0);

You could try adding a sleep in there. And moving this into another block of code you'd call with spawn would avoid freezing the UI

Thanks for this! Before I read this I'd added a 10 second sleep into F_swapInventory.sqf that seems to be a heavy handed temorary fix until I get the chance to look into what you have suggested.

I'm now also wondering why I can no longer buy AI squad or crew'd statics and vehicles. I can't remember changing anything to take these away, but my 3cb/rhs modded version doesn't have that option anymore, nor do opfor vehicles save at my FOB's.

MEANWHILE - Must say my friend and I are absolutely loving this mission. We've taken about 1/4 of the map so far with a ten man squad each (as we can't spawn more AI to zeus control at the moment). Well done, and I'm looking forward to the additional updates you have planned.

~Z~

EDIT: The only changes I have made to the scripts are:

F_SwapInventory.sqf : added 10 second sleep

mission_params.hpp : changed a few default settings like day duration, skip cinematics etc.

classnames.sqf and classnames_extensions.sqf : added classnames from additional unit/vehicle mods, removed/changed soldiers hirable

gameplay_constants.sqf : changed save_key to unique name

mission.sqm : moved starting location for the LHD closer to the coast

OVER-RIDING LATE EDIT:

I've got my AI crews and squads buyable again - seems like I'd changed the classname of the player unit in mission.sqm and that broke stuff!

Also worked out how to get the limited zeus to get in/ get out of stuff, so I'm suddenly playing with a lot of bluefor!

• Like 1

So this mission is amazing and something we really needed in arma, my question tho is how adaptable is it for other mission? is there a template you could make that would allow us to easily create new missions for different terrains?

never mind just read the wiki

I guess my only other question would be how to change the units to the leights opfor units or will it do it automatically and will it do the same for the civs?

I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread for a while and finally decided to jump in. First, zbug, I love this mission. Some friends and I have been playing for some time now and find this mission to be more and more fun as we go. To me this is really showcases the capability of the Arma engine. Fantastic work, please keep at it!! Let me know if you we can help in any way, we’d be glad to help with testing. Now on to my questions/suggestions.

I really like the secondary objectives so far with the FOB’s and capturing of hostages (Even though we’ve found it’s more fun with a high alert %). I think it would be cool if you capture more hostages that location approximation becomes tighter as you “gather better intelâ€. Along these same line it could be really cool if there were benefits to tracking down enemies you’ve eliminated and searching them for maps, intel items and the like.

I’m not sure if it’s part of the mission already as I haven’t experience it yet but it would be exciting if OPFOR could conduct artillery/rocket/mortar strikes on FOB’s. This would make the Hesco barriers and such more important to keep your vehicles safe. The base building is a TON of fun and we spend way too much time building things up. This would give us a reward of sorts for our work. Also, I don’t know how well it’s still being developed but I know some guys have developed CRAM mods. These could be fun additions to your FOB’s.

Is it possible to save vehicle inventory through server restarts? We each load up our favorite gear in our trucks and choppers. It would be nice if those could stay ready to roll after a restart.

Again, I love this mission! Keep up the fantastic work! I look forward to the future of this mission! Thanks for all your hard work so far!

• Like 1

EDIT:

​​Ok so we tried to delete arsenal however we ran into a hiccup were people could revive themselves when they were bleeding out among other issues were no one could throw grenades. What proper files would need to be removed to remove arsenal.

Second would it be possible to make a certain squad "SOCOM" be the only ones allowed to Halo Drop?

Third would it be possible to make Zeus mode be the builder mode with the ammo restrictions, building units with the resources etc?

Thank you

P.S Zbug you rock! The [bC] unit is loving what you have created.

Hi Zbug,

i would like to use your "liberation" in Takistan with RHS Russian faction.
Is there anything I should consider?.

Greetings.

• Like 1

I guess my only other question would be how to change the units to the leights opfor units or will it do it automatically and will it do the same for the civs?

You may have a look into classnames.sqf to modify the resistance and opfor classnames used in the mission, same for the civilians

I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread for a while and finally decided to jump in. First, zbug, I love this mission. Some friends and I have been playing for some time now and find this mission to be more and more fun as we go. To me this is really showcases the capability of the Arma engine. Fantastic work, please keep at it!! Let me know if you we can help in any way, we’d be glad to help with testing. Now on to my questions/suggestions.

I really like the secondary objectives so far with the FOB’s and capturing of hostages (Even though we’ve found it’s more fun with a high alert %). I think it would be cool if you capture more hostages that location approximation becomes tighter as you “gather better intelâ€. Along these same line it could be really cool if there were benefits to tracking down enemies you’ve eliminated and searching them for maps, intel items and the like.

I’m not sure if it’s part of the mission already as I haven’t experience it yet but it would be exciting if OPFOR could conduct artillery/rocket/mortar strikes on FOB’s. This would make the Hesco barriers and such more important to keep your vehicles safe. The base building is a TON of fun and we spend way too much time building things up. This would give us a reward of sorts for our work. Also, I don’t know how well it’s still being developed but I know some guys have developed CRAM mods. These could be fun additions to your FOB’s.

Is it possible to save vehicle inventory through server restarts? We each load up our favorite gear in our trucks and choppers. It would be nice if those could stay ready to roll after a restart.

Again, I love this mission! Keep up the fantastic work! I look forward to the future of this mission! Thanks for all your hard work so far!

- Secondary objectives are currently being revamped, your idea for the FOB hunting is nice, however with the current zone range we have no issue to find the FOBs using drones and recon and such, so that would also require to make the initial zone size bigger

- The revamp will add a new "intel" resource that you will indeed gather by taking prisonners or finding documents and computers in enemy settlements

- CSAT artillery positions are already in the backlog (here : https://trello.com/b/FfUXrHn1/liberation-dev )

- That should be possible, but it depends on how much savegame size and performance it costs

EDIT:

​​Ok so we tried to delete arsenal however we ran into a hiccup were people could revive themselves when they were bleeding out among other issues were no one could throw grenades. What proper files would need to be removed to remove arsenal.

Second would it be possible to make a certain squad "SOCOM" be the only ones allowed to Halo Drop?

Third would it be possible to make Zeus mode be the builder mode with the ammo restrictions, building units with the resources etc?

Thank you

P.S Zbug you rock! The [bC] unit is loving what you have created.

- That's weird and may be due to mission modifications or mod conflict or else. To remove the arsenal the safest way is to remove the mousewheel action handling in action_manager.sqf

- Same file, add your condition around the handling of the halo mousewheel action

- Sadly it's not possible to do extensive modifications of how the Zeus module behaves. That's why the commander mode is on the roadmap, so you can remote build with proper resource use

Hi Zbug,

Greetings.

This wiki page should answer most/all of your questions : http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_port_liberation_to_a_new_map

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I sorted out the classnames and its working well.  I have some suggestions I would love to see implemented at some point.

1. When you build a fob or take one down should have some time limit on how long it takes to build, my guess is 30 seconds but perhaps you could make that adjustable via parameters.  

2. for ANY assets you purchase there should be a time limit on them, it could be adjustable time limit for different groups, so any items in the light vehicles take x amount of time to spawn vs heavy takes x.  

- another option would be to have them flown and dropped to your location. 2 ways you could do that pick a flight path that has to be safe or it could be shot down or maybe it gets haloed in.  After thinking it over more I think if your going to go the route of wait time than you could add this to the classnames.sqf for example heavy_vehicles = [ ["rhsusf_rg33_d",0,20,8,NEWSPOTFORWAITTIME],]; this could be unit groups as well so recon or para groups or singles could take longer.

3. Ability to save in the middle of a fire fight.  I have just started to play with persistence and im not sure if its possible but would be a massive asset if it could be done.

4. civilian markers. I want to be able to just place down civilians groups in some towns.

5. Insurgency, my favorite.  it sound like you might already trying something like this but yea side cache missions would be awesome.  possibly something persistent along with ieds that not matter what these are constant side objectives.

6. Lives. you start with X amount of lives, captured points or successful mission results in more blue for lives.  Or you are able to purchase more "reinforcements" or "support" or something to increase how many lives the blufor have before calling the mission a failure.  again would be changeable via parameters per player/groups taste.

7. a rally pack, similar to an fob.  maybe it last 10 minutes and than it expires? enemies should seek it out a similar way they do a fob so placement would be vital

Have you ever thought of working with alive or the alive devteam? It looks to me like you have similar goals and could really benefit with working with each other.  that being said I should test out allowing alive to profile everything and just pick what i dont want it to profile and see how the missions runs.  i think that could allow some of the persistence i was contemplating.

Anyways outstanding work you have filled a large void in arma!

Hi Zbug,

Greetings.

i have been working on a port to Takistan. (is on github: https://github.com/bramjam/greuh_liberation.Takistan)

i have most objectives,base, FOBs placed.

but while testing a came across unit spawn problem. when  bottom left corner of the map is not in the water, units spawn there instead of inside the objective circle. (you will have the same issue, i have the same issue with Esseker)

see https://github.com/GreuhZbug/greuh_liberation.Altis/issues/49

i have been trying to work around it by replacing all Code '[0,0,0]'  by coordinate in the pond at the top of map. it seems to work for vehicles but not for the infantry. so i'm stuck there.

mariocornetto, your welcome to help. because im running out of ideas on how to fix the issue

• Like 1

i have been working on a port to Takistan. (is on github: https://github.com/bramjam/greuh_liberation.Takistan)

i have most objectives,base, FOBs placed.

but while testing a came across unit spawn problem. when  bottom left corner of the map is not in the water, units spawn there instead of inside the objective circle. (you will have the same issue, i have the same issue with Esseker)

see https://github.com/GreuhZbug/greuh_liberation.Altis/issues/49

i have been trying to work around it by replacing all Code '[0,0,0]'  by coordinate in the pond at the top of map. it seems to work for vehicles but not for the infantry. so i'm stuck there.

mariocornetto, your welcome to help. because im running out of ideas on how to fix the issue

Hi,

I will use ACE3+RHS+ALIVE+AIATP in the Liberation mission.

If there is a problem with infantry spawn or coords, we can use the Infantry Spawn module (ALiVE) for infantry spawn. Its my first idea... :wacko:

My scripts knowledge is very limited but i can try to help.

I'm out of my country now and will come back in a few days, see you then.

P.S. Sorry but english is not my language. ^_^

It should be fixed in the upcoming 0.915

I guess I didnt check around the first time, but i have an issue where units are not spawning. so i cant get any of the enemy vehicles to spawn, and there seems to be nothing spawning at radio towers. but ai units spawn into town.  i thought it might be a mod issue but im using that same mod to spawn the units. spent many hours try to sort it out yesterday with no luck.

any help would be apreciated.

*update*

I just loaded my classname,sqf file onto altis and everything started to port in so it must be an issue with allinarma terrains perhaps.

Anything is the logs? Are you playing with the launch parameter to show script errors on screen?

Anything is the logs? Are you playing with the launch parameter to show script errors on screen?

No but I did further testing they are also working on stratis, they dont seem to be working on takistan. im also experiencing the same thing as the other guy with some of the units spawning on the bottom left of the map. this i noticed on my sirani misison takistan and stratis.  yes I do have that launch parameter on but i havent gone threw the rpt but nothing showed up on my screen relating to it but ill check again.  i think it must have something to do with where it looks to spawn the units because if it works on stratis and altis than i think you dont have the names for a2 builds or roads possibly.

Yes there's an issue with terrains that aren't surrounded by water, it should be fixed in v0.915, and that version should be online tomorrow after some testing. You can already grab the sources from my github if you want it even earlier

Alright so got all my questions working, next set of questions.

How can I add a "Zeus Editing Area" to the FOB spawns?

When I go to the build menu I can no longer Crew AI, why is this?

Thanks!

EDIT

Alright so the questions on top still need answering however there is a new problem----

However, I deleted some sort of code and the AI wont respond with any voice anymore.

5:26:29 Error in expression <{

sleep 10;

( { alive _x } count (units _grp) == 0 ) || !(isNull ((leader _grp) >

5:26:29   Error position: <_grp) == 0 ) || !(isNull ((leader _grp) >

5:26:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _grp

5:26:29 File C:\Users\groy\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\G%2eRoy\missions\libtest_01.AF_Kandahar_Province\scripts\server\ai\add_defense_waypoints.sqf, line 43

First off.

Thanks for this awsome mission.

Finished first libartion in 43 days with a buddy. Started new round a few days ago.

I would like to know if there are any AI Mods that wont conflict with this mission.

Has anyone tested some AI mods and has some suggestions?

thanx in advance

• Like 1

v0.915 is out

Changelog:

• Implemented the first part of the new secondary objectives system. There's a new resource named Intel, the prisoners you capture will yield intel, and there's a chance you may find documents in hostile military bases that will yield intel too. Currently you can't do anything with it, but that will change in the coming weeks. For the time being, each time you earn intel, it will also reveal the usual hostile FOB.
  • New vehicle service system that should work when the vanilla mechanics don't,
  • AI units inside fobs are now saved and will still be there after server restarts,
  • The spawning of enemy units should now work correctly on maps that aren't surrounded with water (however I didn't test it),
  • Various tweaks to CSAT behaviour that should reduce their tendancy to spam vehicles (when testing we got a lot more infantry firefights which is always nice),
  • Tweaks to the blufor AI defenders reducing the "sector under attack" / "sector no longer under threat" notifications spam,
  • Tweaks to the surrender behaviour, making it less predictable.

only errors i came across

20:39:51 Error loading control C:\Users\groy\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\G%2eRoy\missions\libtest_01.esbekistan\description.ext/RscTitles/statusoverlay/CaptureFrame_OPFOR/
20:39:51 Error loading control C:\Users\groy\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\G%2eRoy\missions\libtest_01.esbekistan\description.ext/RscTitles/statusoverlay/CaptureFrame_BLUFOR/

Hi!

Just want to say thanks for creating such great map! Me and a group of people really enjoyed it!

It took us 2 days 18 hours and 28 minutes to complete whole map, playing casually.

xHbJnzwZkrrC2

Gwb45sPGkrqtw

pTzkOitBkrqtT

Additional mods to complement this map, we used were: ALIVE,MCC, MAS mods, TRYK's mod, JSRS, . ALIVE to add sense of the map being alive and MCC mainly to remove dead bodies and destroyed machinery from the map, MAS and TRYK's for gear and JSRS for sounds.

Few comments or wishes if you will, we have made from the observations while playing.

List:

1. Bots spawn behind you( can be frustrating, you just cleared house and bot just comes out of it behind you)

2. Bots reaction is lightning like and aim is very good,  from 1km can head shot you.

3. Not sure whether you have that function, but dead body as well as destroyed vehicle could be deleted in a fast manner, every 2 minutes or so. We use MCC to clean, but can be tedious task sometimes. So some swift corpse cleaner would be great. It will release server resources. Since dead bodies and their equipment is not really needed while having an arsenal available.

4. Bots are walking through doors and walls.

5. Whether it is possible to make it optionional to have OPFOR side instead of BLUE FOR and make BTR 70-80 from RHS as mobile re-spawn.

That would sum it up.

Thanks again for the great map and keep up the good work!