zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Some more weirdness.  We where at alert level 100% and we got attacked by choppers, tanks, and jets.  All good fun, but then they blew up our FOB.  So we thought all was lost but now the weirdness starts.  We manage to beat them back after all, I go op to the blown up building, and I was able to repackage it to a container and redeploy it, so no harm done.  It seems that once the building gets destroyed all scripts around the area still work.  Is this working as intended or a bug ?

This is on purpose, the fob isn't linked to the main building, otherwise it would be way too easy to grief. Fobs can be captured by CSAT just like sectors.

• Like 2

I'm starting to feel like a test engineer :) should I make JIRA tickets for this :D  Happy to do it though this mission is so nicely build.

- I took a factory Alikampos or something and then went on to a tower , I got the message Alikampos was under attack and then all of the sudden it wasn't.  Ok I finish up the tower and I get two explaination marks near Alikampos.  So I visit them and both sites had a complete squad of six or eight men just surrendering as prisoners.  Maybe a bug in the surrendering logic ?

- I started a new mission locally with the CUP vehicles and I could recycle them, however on the server I still can't, could this have something to do with the savegame ?  Once a game is in progress you can't add vehicles to the extension arrays without bugging them ?

in attack_in_progress_sector.sqf

if ( GRLIB_endgame == 0 ) then {
	if ( _attacktime <= 1 && ( [markerpos _sector] call F_sectorOwnership == EAST ) ) then {
		blufor_sectors = blufor_sectors - [ _sector ];
		publicVariable "blufor_sectors";
		[ [ _sector, 2 ] , "remote_call_sector" ] call BIS_fnc_MP;
		reset_battlegroups_ai = true;
		trigger_server_save = true;
		[] call recalculate_caps;
		stats_sectors_lost = stats_sectors_lost + 1;
	} else {
		[ [ _sector, 3 ] , "remote_call_sector" ] call BIS_fnc_MP;
		{ [_x] spawn prisonner_ai } foreach ( [ (markerpos _sector) nearEntities [ "Man", 300], { side group _x == EAST } ] call BIS_fnc_conditionalSelect );
	};
};

Maybe only trigger the prisonner_ai if there is actually a player nearby in 300 meters, if not, retask all the groups to find another target ?

I'm not exactly sure exactly why the attack stops, but I believe it has something to do with vehicles arriving prior to the infantry, and they leave the zone accidently and that reverses the zone to WEST and the wait until above stops.  One thing you might be able to do is once the OPFOR arrive, let them place something of theirs ?  Maybe a mobile command post or something, if players want to save their zone they need to destroy that mobile command post and clear the sector of hostiles.  It's a patch to get rid of the zone flip flopping all the time.

Is anyone else having issues where you can't recycle vehicles in the Classnames Extension?

• Like 1

Is anyone else having issues where you can't recycle vehicles in the Classnames Extension?

Yes, I have the same issue, but it seems when I start a new game I'm able to recycle.  It's only when a savegame loads I can't.  Can you do me a favor and try starting a new game locally not on your dedicated server and see if you can recycle.  If you can we have it confirmed, it only works from a new game then, continuing a saved game is the problem then.

I tried in locally with a new game and I could recycle, I also restarted the local saved game and I could recycle.  My issue was on a Dedi Server, I restarted the server and it let me recycle, my issue was on the first load of a saved game to 914 on the Server.

I tried in locally with a new game and I could recycle, I also restarted the local saved game and I could recycle.  My issue was on a Dedi Server, I restarted the server and it let me recycle, my issue was on the first load of a saved game to 914 on the Server.

Hmmm thats weird since I restarted my server twice already and I couldn't recycle ????

edit:

- I tried something I first tested locally and I buy my vehicle and the fuel cost and ammo cost gets used up and I could recycle

- I restarted my savegame on my dedicated server, buy my vehicle and the FUEL cost does NOT get used up but the ammo does and I could NOT recycle

Maybe this is a locality issue or a JIP issue ?

What is the best way to handle aircraft?  What I've been doing is capturing an airfield, building a FOB as close as possible to it, building the aircraft as far as possible from the FOB and then walking as close as possible to the runway to deploy it, then taxi the rest of the way on the runway.  Seems a lot of work to get something off of the ground, then having to do the same thing to re-supply.  Is there a better way to do this?

What is the best way to handle aircraft?  What I've been doing is capturing an airfield, building a FOB as close as possible to it, building the aircraft as far as possible from the FOB and then walking as close as possible to the runway to deploy it, then taxi the rest of the way on the runway.  Seems a lot of work to get something off of the ground, then having to do the same thing to re-supply.  Is there a better way to do this?

I'm doing the same, it's a bit of work but managable.  Once he made deployable repair, resupply and fuel trucks this will be easier it's on his todo list

Hey,

I have the problem I spawn very often in the water, after I was dead. I am using ACE 3, the revive of ACE is enabled, the revive of Liberation is not.

[...]

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Posted 06 November 2015 - 14:04#498 icon_share.png

duderide, on 06 Nov 2015 - 06:15, said:snapback.png

Hello Liberation dev team, I was just wondering if (as some kinda of suggestion) you guys could add maybe a full RHS version of this mission? I think it would be very cool if Nato is replaced by the US army, and CSAT is replaced by the Russian Federation. Anyhow it's just a suggestion, my friends and I love your mod and we look forward to the coming updates. Best of luck! 

https://github.com/T...iberation.Altis

Hi jus61 :)

Do you have a version whitout Ace and Taskforce radio?  Our small group would like full RHS version of this mission.

And to ZBUG, thanks for this mission, it is the best :)

With the new version of the Atlas (1.4) the mission does not find it. So you spawn on the island.

Please fix it.

With the new version of the Atlas (1.4) the mission does not find it. So you spawn on the island.

Please fix it.

do you still have the ace problem? are you sure there are NO Tents or other mod spawn beacons on the map (i have seen this breaking the spawn system). if you have them remove them and only use the liberation mobile respawns

If you do not want ACE and TFAR just open the mission and delete the modules from the map.

Hi jus61 :)

Do you have a version whitout Ace and Taskforce radio?  Our small group would like full RHS version of this mission.

And to ZBUG, thanks for this mission, it is the best :)

If you want a version without ACE or TFAR just open the mission in the editor and remove the modules.

If you want a version without ACE or TFAR just open the mission in the editor and remove the modules.

Thanks, but i can not open the mission in the editor, because it says it is dependent on downloaded contents.. 

Do I have to download ACE and TFAR, install it, and then remove the modules, or is there another way?

Thanks in advance :)

Noted on Trello, I'll add a new mission parameter to set the cooldown, disabled by default

I'm not sure I understand, could you explain? There's a recycle option for NATO tanks when you're near a fob, and CSAT tanks can't be recycled because they're free, so there's no reason to get rid of them. But maybe that's absolutely not what you were talking about so feel free to explain.

I mean like you can get wrecks of your own stuff and bring it back to your base or bring enemy trucks/tanks to your base and "recycle" them. like "change them to ammo". Like a little reward for not totally destroying everything but capturing enemy cars and trucks and make money of em.

Thats my thought behind it :)

Btw. we have some strange problems with RHS and the Map. at first try they used the RHS Tanks like BMP and stuff but now they are back to the normal stuff. Do you have an idea how this could come?

Greetings

Nex

I'll be moving to a new place next week, and I'll have no stable internet for a bit (shouldn't be more than a week or two). Thus the dev will be on hiatus for the next two weeks or so.

This is why I tried to correct all the major issues with savegame corruptions and such before going away, and I'm glad it's mostly done by now. When I return the focus will be on new features, and first, the secondary objectives.

• Like 3

I'll be moving to a new place next week, and I'll have no stable internet for a bit (shouldn't be more than a week or two). Thus the dev will be on hiatus for the next two weeks or so.

This is why I tried to correct all the major issues with savegame corruptions and such before going away, and I'm glad it's mostly done by now. When I return the focus will be on new features, and first, the secondary objectives.

Good luck on the move hope everything will go as planned

do you still have the ace problem? are you sure there are NO Tents or other mod spawn beacons on the map (i have seen this breaking the spawn system). if you have them remove them and only use the liberation mobile respawns

Yes I still have the problem. And no there are no other spawn points. Downgrading to 1.3 fixes everything. So there is a direct link.

Edit: Anyway...I tested with a default mission file. Same problem.

I have this thing running really well on my server.  That being said, I'm extremely new at running dedicated servers and for the life of me can't figure out where the mission saves to.  I may want to move the save from one server to another.

I have this thing running really well on my server.  That being said, I'm extremely new at running dedicated servers and for the life of me can't figure out where the mission saves to.  I may want to move the save from one server to another.

had any luck looking in the dirs noted here? http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Server_Admin#Savegame

Thanks, but i can not open the mission in the editor, because it says it is dependent on downloaded contents.. 

Do I have to download ACE and TFAR, install it, and then remove the modules, or is there another way?

Thanks in advance :)

That would probably be the easiest way to do it yes.

You could also just copy my classnames.sqf to your mission (The change to RHS units contains a little more tweaks then just class names. I also changed the script to be able to load ammo boxes into the chinook and RHS trucks (only the US ones).

ps. I havent pushed the latest version yet so I am not yet using the class names extension file.

Maeglinn

Anyone else tried the Arma 3 v1.54 release candidate yet? I tried it earlier and it wouldn't let me load up Liberation. Checked the server RPT file and it had entries relating to string table errors and syntax errors.

mpmissions\co40_liberation_v0914.Altis: string @STR_MISSION_TITLE cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

mpmissions\co40_liberation_v0914.Altis: string @STR_MISSION_DESCRIPTION cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
Warning Message: No entry 'mission.sqm.version'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
File missionConfig.hpp, line 4: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_fobDeploy.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 5: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_fobPackUp.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 6: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_fobDeleteObj.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 7: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_MHQ_respawn.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 8: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_MHQ_FinalSpawn.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 9: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_MHQ_addEH.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 10: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_MHQ_respawned.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 11: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_HCLB_taskDefend.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 12: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_CAS_SupportRq.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 13: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/BIS_fnc_spawn.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 4: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_fobDeploy.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 5: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_fobPackUp.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 6: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_fobDeleteObj.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 7: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_MHQ_respawn.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 8: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_MHQ_FinalSpawn.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 9: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_MHQ_addEH.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 10: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_MHQ_respawned.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 11: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_HCLB_taskDefend.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 12: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/ADF_fnc_CAS_SupportRq.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'
File missionConfig.hpp, line 13: '/CfgRemoteExec/Functions/BIS_fnc_spawn.allowedTargets': Missing ';' prior '}'

Unsupported language english in stringtable

Anyone else tried the Arma 3 v1.54 release candidate yet? I tried it earlier and it wouldn't let me load up Liberation. Checked the server RPT file and it had entries relating to string table errors and syntax errors.

Seems to me being a bug in v1;54 with regards to invoking the remote execution method where they forgot to add a ; somewhere.  Doesn't feel like it has to do with liberation perse