Probably your ratio between VD and oVD is the cause.

Well, currently I have my oVD to 1000m and my View Distance to 6500m. Now I see all objects close to me, but the objects further away than 1000m are not visible so I'm getting nice 60 FPS, where with 6500oVD I would probably get arround 15 FPS.

Now I take a sniper rifle with a high power optic and yeah, I see all objects thorugh the scope 6000m away -> with 60FPS (of course SP and not MP with all the server issues ;-) )

Hope it helps

It seems I can't figure out how to configure my VD and oVD right. If I'm using your values (or VD = 6500 and oVD = 2000), my oVD drops to 500 - 800 when not zoomed in  :huh:

Actually is does nothing for me. All I noticed was that I was stuck with 3000m oVD.

Same here, except my oVD is stuck at 2500m no matter what optic zoom level I'm at.

Hi @arkhir can this mod be integrated in ACE3?

It's very useful and we want to integrate it to our viewdistance module, you will of course be credited for it.

• Like 3

There is an "issue" with this mod that more static mods like CH's View Distance addon somehow overrides.

When playing on a server that has a default view distance set (or rather no view distance manually specified at all), the server and the client forces a viewdistance of 1600, no matter what you have set in your client. This goes for both dedicated servers and local-MP servers.

If CH's addon is used it overrides whatever distance you have set on the server (or not set :P) and whatever you select through the action menu will be forced on your client.

So, when running Mk1 Eyeball on a server that has no view distance set it doesn't matter what you specify, because your client max view distance will be overridden with 1600 and Mk1 Eyeball is rendered pretty much without a use.

Is there somehow you can enforce the VD and oVD with Eyeball? That would be awesome as fuck :D

Hi @arkhir can this mod be integrated in ACE3?

It's very useful and we want to integrate it to our viewdistance module, you will of course be credited for it.

Go for it.

I was actually considering making it ACE-compatible, but I'm just a scripting peasant compared to you guys.

It'd also solve known issues, if it used the viewdistances set in ACE3 Options.

@up

Sure can do, I'd just need to make an interface where I could store these values.

Like in ACE3 settings.

Go for it.

I was actually considering making it ACE-compatible, but I'm just a scripting peasant compared to you guys.

It'd also solve known issues, if it used the viewdistances set in ACE3 Options.

Thanks to your permission I have now integrated your mod into ACE3's View Distance component/module. You can check out the pull request here.

If you could give us a public email that would be great so we can add you to the authors file. Cheers!

Thats really good news. Looking forward to the next release :)

Thanks Arkhir for making this possible.

so. is this mod now official part of ace? how it woks? I cant enable  dynamic view distance dependending on zoom in ace options.