TedHo

[SP Campaign] (WIP thread) The Red Banner - A Soviet-Afghan War Campaign

Hey corporal_lib, thanks for testing and reporting! It's strange since the black screen should fade in in a couple of seconds after mission start, and it has worked fine for me. Are you running any extra mods or dev branch by any chance?

And yes, there will be voice acting in the future. =D

Lots of mods lol so maybe some of them could be breaking the fade out, thou DSS had lotsa reports of the same bug, and it happened even when using only cba+dss no extra mods... anyways, I´m on stable 1.54, and saving and reloading fix the issue, no big deal =)

Great, anxiously waiting for more missions (or a whole campaign at best =D Loved all the details, and I bet we´ll have a astonishing soundtrack just as bell tolls had, you´re an artist ted_hou!

cheers/na zdrowie!

;)

Lots of mods lol so maybe some of them could be breaking the fade out, thou DSS had lotsa reports of the same bug, and it happened even when using only cba+dss no extra mods... anyways, I´m on stable 1.54, and saving and reloading fix the issue, no big deal =)

Thanks corporal lib. I'll keep an eye our for similar reports.

Could you make a walkthrough please?

Could you make a walkthrough please?

You mean a video walkthrough? Probably not until final release.

Otherwise if people are having trouble figuring out how to beat a mission, I'd be glad to hear about it and try to make the instructions clearer.

I'm encountering the same permanent black screen issue as well, sadly :( no extra mods ran. I can hear my rifle firing when i click until the mag is empty, but i don't get to an autosave point, nor do I hear vehicles driving.

I'm encountering the same permanent black screen issue as well, sadly :( no extra mods ran. I can hear my rifle firing when i click until the mag is empty, but i don't get to an autosave point, nor do I hear vehicles driving.

Bullsh, just save manually and load your save, this will fix the black screen and you can continue (or better said: start properly) the mission =)

Anxious for the next missions, Ted_hou!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Bullsh, just save manually and load your save, this will fix the black screen and you can continue (or better said: start properly) the mission =)

Anxious for the next missions, Ted_hou!

Cheers!

Thanks for trying to help, but despite having unlimited saves enabled, i don't have the option to save my game during the black. Also, the music starts over every time i press escape.

The black screen issue happens to a lot of people playing the "Pilgrimage" scenario-it is caused by a mod which is giving some small error. If any little error message is displayed when arma or the mission starts it will freeze scenarios like this on the intro screen,but you can hear your character moving,firing etc.Check your mods and dependencies-for me it was RHS doing it-it gives my a little error about a scope or something.

The black screen issue happens to a lot of people playing the "Pilgrimage" scenario-it is caused by a mod which is giving some small error. If any little error message is displayed when arma or the mission starts it will freeze scenarios like this on the intro screen,but you can hear your character moving,firing etc.Check your mods and dependencies-for me it was RHS doing it-it gives my a little error about a scope or something.

How did you solve the RHS error? I get it too.

I solved it by not using RHS-I have not played this mission.My experience with the issue is only from "Pilgrimage". I'm not sure what in RHS is causing the issue exactly,but I'm sure someone more skilled could find the .pboor line of code etc and remove it maybe?

good work man! Will test this mission asap!. looking forwards to the finished product!

edit: I am getting the black screen too and also recieved an error message about compiling a weapon scope when I started up the game.  Maybe rhs is acting up?  I can't seem to get past this error.

edit edit: maybe it needs cba?

• Like 1

edit: I am getting the black screen too and also recieved an error message about compiling a weapon scope when I started up the game.  Maybe rhs is acting up?  I can't seem to get past this error.

Oops. The black screen is a scripting error on my part. Took a while but finally found it. Thank you for reporting (and for your patience).

The RHS scope error came up with the last RHS update but does not affect these missions. So I wouldn't worry about it.

EDIT: Fixed version uploaded.

• Like 2

I´m craving for the follow up scenarios... maybe an epic ending like a massive mujahadeen attack on an over the hill soviet base with a massive carnage just like on the 9 Rota movie (9th company is the western name of that 2005 russian war movie)???

Keep up the great work ted_hou!

cheers!

• Like 2

Oops. The black screen is a scripting error on my part. Took a while but finally found it. Thank you for reporting (and for your patience).

The RHS scope error came up with the last RHS update but does not affect these missions. So I wouldn't worry about it.

EDIT: Fixed version uploaded.

Thank you!  There is no black screen but once the mission starts, I am just sitting on top of the btr while the music plays and I cannot get off nor does the btr move anywhere.  Is this a bug?

MzQBvls.jpg?1

zkrK4LS.jpg

Thank you!  There is no black screen but once the mission starts, I am just sitting on top of the btr while the music plays and I cannot get off nor does the btr move anywhere.  Is this a bug?

Functions are not loaded properly since I didn't pack the campaign into pbo.

You need to enableFilePatching in your Arma 3 launch parameters. If you're using the default Arma 3 launcher, you can enable it in "Parameters -> Advanced -> Advanced -> EnableFilePatching"

• Like 1

Functions are not loaded properly since I didn't pack the campaign into pbo.

You need to enableFilePatching in your Arma 3 launch parameters. If you're using the default Arma 3 launcher, you can enable it in "Parameters -> Advanced -> Advanced -> EnableFilePatching"

how do you do that with playwithsix?

edit: I tried it the say you said to do it but it still doesnt work.  The mission starts but the BTR doesnt go anywhere and you can't dismount it either.  Does it need cba_a3 to work in addition to your modlist?

XKcS1xf.jpg

I finally got it to work for me.  it needed CBA_A3 so you might want to add that to the required mod list.

At the end, it seems like the mission ends too easily even without killing all of the invaders.  I just fired a few shots and it said mission successful and then ended.  Other times, the ending went on much longer and I died.

smaP9mK.jpg

vXjMcHJ.jpg

CjDHnYA.jpg

S3JoB46.jpg

I also dont like how VTN mod disables zoom, people can focus in on things in real life too with their eyes even if they don't have telescopic eyeballs.  It also makes ak ironsights a lot easier to use with rmb zoom.

Hey Flatbear, maybe ted_hou didn´t listed CBA cus VTN already requires it (you haven´t ever used it before?), and kinda ALMOST all mods for Arma series rely on CBA iterations, but now that you know that, better let cba on all your modlauncher parameters, as it is needed for (at least) all cool mods round here lol

The mission ends when you help the soviet troops halt the mujahadeen counter-attack... maybe it ended prematurely for you?

About the lack of zoom, I´ve seen you found the link, but it ws disabled , so I´ll post my dropbox with it, I think TECAK wouldn´t mind it... thou I think it only gives back zoom to other weapon (VTN ones may have enforced the no zoom even with this mod, thou....)

zoom - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvj813uld7wiuje/zoom.rar?dl=0

Ted_hou, this update fixed the blackscreen bug, everything is fine on my end, play it through again and now I want more lol...keep it up!

cheers! (Nazdrovie, tovarich!)

• Like 1

Hey Flatbear, maybe ted_hou didn´t listed CBA cus VTN already requires it (you haven´t ever used it before?), and kinda ALMOST all mods for Arma series rely on CBA iterations, but now that you know that, better let cba on all your modlauncher parameters, as it is needed for (at least) all cool mods round here lol

The mission ends when you help the soviet troops halt the mujahadeen counter-attack... maybe it ended prematurely for you?

About the lack of zoom, I´ve seen you found the link, but it ws disabled , so I´ll post my dropbox with it, I think TECAK wouldn´t mind it... thou I think it only gives back zoom to other weapon (VTN ones may have enforced the no zoom even with this mod, thou....)

zoom - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvj813uld7wiuje/zoom.rar?dl=0

Ted_hou, this update fixed the blackscreen bug, everything is fine on my end, play it through again and now I want more lol...keep it up!

cheers! (Nazdrovie, tovarich!)

Thanks corporal_lib[br],

I switched to the default arma 3 launcher as per Ted_hou's recommendation so I didnt put cba_a3 on the list.  I've never used vtn mod before, I usually just play with rhs for russian units so I didnt see a need to try vtn before this mission.  Usually I use playwithsix which automatically launches cba for me.  Thanks for the tecak link too!

Idk, I had to try the ending several times since I died.  The first two times I tried the final counterattack, the fight went normally (but I died).  The third time, I fired a few shots and it ended before the taliban got within ~300m.  not sure what the ending conditions for the mission were whether they be defeat all of the taliban, defeat x% of the taliban, survive x minutes etc.

Ted_Hou, I am really looking forwards to the next episodes in the campaign!  great stuff!

I finally got it to work for me.  it needed CBA_A3 so you might want to add that to the required mod list.

I also dont like how VTN mod disables zoom, people can focus in on things in real life too with their eyes even if they don't have telescopic eyeballs.  It also makes ak ironsights a lot easier to use with rmb zoom.

Oops, I'll add CBA_A3 to the requirement list. Thanks!

Yes disabling zoom is a horrible idea. I think I will eventually make a patch for VTN weapons unless someone else does.

• Like 1

any new updates or beta missions?

Just finished mission 02 actually. There's still bits and pieces to refine but expect an update soon. =D

• Like 2

Just finished mission 02 actually. There's still bits and pieces to refine but expect an update soon. =D

Yay!!!! Anxious to playtest this second mission =)

Mission 02 Beta:

Changelog
1/27/2016 M02 Release

• Added mission 02.
  • Updated mod requirements. Make sure you have the latest version of required mods.
  • Restored weapon zoom, which was disabled by VTN.

Download (Contains campaign files and @IOT_AFG addon)Dropbox

• Like 3

I have to admit that initially I was skeptical for the need for another map but the mountains of tora bora are really nice looking

t26wvJr.jpg

faPwRPA.jpg

bqXT32v.jpg

eJQsvSb.jpg

rtuIyAj.jpg

1rDtB6G.jpg

everything seems to work functionally for me on my end.  Its a really tough mission and the part about comrades can't die mission failure condition made a lot of my failures really random as someone would die and it would be mission over.