Is it possible that the latest key is not 100% valid ?

The key is older than the PBO by a week and my Headless client is randomly getting kicked for invalid key for RyanZombies...

Really, really great Mod!

I am currently hacking in rds_civ uniforms (and dawn of the dead infected skins) for a mission, just want to show how great they look without those worn-out hawaiian shirts.

oWX0bY7.jpg

Where's Arnold Schwarzenegger?  :P

Hi guys, I've just finished episode 2 of Day Of The Dead. Made back with Zombies & Demons 2.8 we had some challenges putting this together. But it worked out better than expected.

Featuring all your favorite Zombies & Demons. This episode follows the group as they make their way from "camp hope" up the north west of Chernarus to Vybor in search of fuel.

and god damn those Chernarussian zombies.... I need that in my life. Awesome work.

Updated mod v3.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Wasn't Ryanzombies already updated to 3.3 on Play withsix??

Love the work...  Leaping zombies which toss cars about are really a LOT of fun :)

Is there a way to get the delete game logic working with a boolean if neither BLUFOR or OPFOR are present?  

Hello there,

I using this mod on my Server..... it does run actually. But I want the Zombies damages the vehicles or thow them. But I dont know how to activate this?

Please help me

Is there a way to get the delete game logic working with a boolean if neither BLUFOR or OPFOR are present?  

Not at the moment, sorry. I'm adding that in now.

Here's what I've done so far....

2 custom face textures with more on the way.

New infection module, easily customisable and able to set units who are immune.

Custom difficulty module - manually change damage (human, cars, etc), attack speed, knockback, etc. of zombies.

Changed a few zombie models and clothes to improved ones for better variety.

"Updating base class" rpt messages fixed and lots of small improvements.

I'll do an update in maybe a week or two once we finish a few more custom skins. :)

With the infection module can you pleeeease include a antivirus, just use an icon like the Epi pen from ACE but I'm sure you will be able to find some kind of icon. (LOL you could even steal the inventory icon from WARZ)

also if you could make it so we can set the time it take for people to turn into zombies. Also if you do make an antivirus please make sure it is part of virtual arsenal.

Obviously this module has my mind running with all kinds of missions and scenarios you can make with it. So long as there is a cure for it.

Also it would be very cool if as the player is turning into a zombie, like as they reach 50% they let out a grow (usual zombie sound is fine), then as they get closer and closer to 100% you make more random zombie sounds. It will freak out not on the player infected but the those around him. Particularly if you set the infection time to like 30 minutes.

On the bug report side of things. I've noticed AI controlled players take a massive amount hits of his when running ACE3. I've seen 2-3 ai rifleman take down 2 zombie hordes while being battered around with 28 medium paced zombies dead and all 3 AI left standing.
Same goes for vehicles if the vehicle is AI controlled while running ACE (at least) the zombies do almost no damage to the vehicles. (in both these instances I can send you video of this happening if you would like to see it.)

They won't growl like a zombie but they will start coughing, bleeding, get fatigued faster, etc. And it will get worse as the infection lasts, until they die. I'm definetely gonna add in an antivirus. One that will temporarily cure it and stop the symptoms (can set how long in a module), and also one to fully remove the infection.

• Like 1

I loving those skins brah!

Also just one thing just incase, please no hats or glasses on these wonderful zombies. Hats and glasses on zombies are just...... {Chewbacca Noise}

Can't wait to test out that infection module, man if a dude can actual just transform into a spider zombie or whatever and start attacking your team that would be gold.

-------- Future Ideas -------

Just an idea, don't have to do it, no pressure. You think you can make a new zombie creature where it looks something out of the movie The Thing? Maybe you can add body part objects to a zombie, attaching two heads and four arms and come up with a monster like movement where it walks fast towards you or sprints super fast towards you. Also for possible zombie skin for your regular zombies maybe you can make a skin where the zombie has no skin, just bloody muscle tissue showing. Ever see the movie Hellraiser? Something like that, no skin. 

Using some different mods and some basic editor work, i have made a nice "survival" type mission with loot spawns etc. for me and my friends to play.

Now for my question to the community as well as the author : Does anyone have a workaround for the fact that once zombies spot you, they follow you around the map, even when you are far beyond the line of sight?

It would be cool if they "die" once they have wandered too far from their spawning module, so they can respawn when we re-enter an area later on.

I can easely spawn fresh zombies with MCC or something else, but that kinda breaks immersion. I like the way the modules spawn zombies.

But if the zombies are still alive chasing us, and the zombie cap is reached, then an area that we re-visit is often empty because the zombies are still alive and chasing us around the map somewhere, and we have to leave the town and go find them.

Any tips are welcome.

Thanks for this mod again.

Hi, Nillie. A kludge I use to control zombie roaming and the horde spawn cap is I use a timed trigger to randomly setPos the zombie spawner onto the player's current position. Used in tandem with the zombie deletion settings module, an example would be:

Assign names to player (unnamed player can be referred to as player, at least in SP), triggers, logics, and modules in order to be able to easily refer to them in scripting to setPos, deleteVehicle (which works for deleting a trigger), etc.

Trigger set to timeout on condition BLUFOR not present (or custom condition: player distance spawnername > 500). Min 30 mid 100 max 200.

On Activation: spawnername setPos getPos player; (use your trigger's name in the place of triggername)

Zombie deletion setting set to BLUFOR not present, distance 300 (I set my mission at night with all NVGs removed, only flashlights available, so the player will rarely be able to even spot them beyond a couple hundred meters).

Named zombie spawner set to a reasonable horde size (5-50 zombies depending on difficulty level), with horde delay if you want to give player time to search or loot an area, or low to no horde delay if you want to keep the player CONSTANTLY on the run (very high stress if the trigger timer is also set fairly short). Set zombie spawn distance to 300, so players will have plenty of chances to bump into or sneak around spawned zombies.

Additionally, I also can use something like the Zen framework to generate an array of positions within a radius around the player, and randomly setPos the zombie spawner to one of those locations instead. This creates an effect of the main zombie horde attacking from a random direction instead of always being centered on the player. But this method requires several steps -- generating the random position array, picking one random position out of the array, then setPos the spawner to that position. In my experience, it didn't add much to the random feeling.

So there will never be any zombies farther than 300m from the player. They get deleted, which makes room for new zombies to be spawned in much nearer to the player's current location. A max zombie cap of something like 50000 ensures you don't run out of zombies due to profligate deletion (not sure if deletion counts toward the cap, so this is just to be safe rather than sorry).

Additionally extending the zombie detection range to 300m means that as soon as they spawn and are active, they'll home in on the player, thus more efficiently putting the zombies to work instead of having half or more of them wandering around for a few seconds before getting deleted as the player moves away in one direction.

You can multiply timeouts by 2x or 3x if you want to vary up the zombies with 2-3 spawners, each with a different type or mix of zombie (slow, fast, civilian, soldier, etc.). I have a base "easy" spawn that constantly hounds the player every 2-3 minutes, an intermediate spawn logic for every 10-15 mins, and a one-time setPos (no timeout) for a big-boss demon horde upon mission objective condition trigger.

This is meant for fairly high-intensity zombie horde killing. Set distances higher and timeouts longer to disperse the zombies farther apart and have them persist for the players to go back and forth within an area. I guess 1000 m or so would be useful for that, though that's mostly a waste as the players will easily miss like 80% of the zombies in that radius, and defeats the whole purpose of my constantly relocated spawn kludge. :D

Hey man, I am the producer and developer of The Uprising

We were hoping we can collaborate in a project that will involve replicating the zombies from Half Life 2.

If you are intrested, contact me privately. We will discuss the details.

Best regards, Lehy.

Hello ryandombrowsky; I have a question for you,, is there a way to turn down the power a little bit on the normal zombies, for instance, there should be no reason only one of them should knock back an armored vehicle, would be cool if there was a bunch of them together aside from the obvious powerhouses lol Great mod tho! I'm not normally into this thing on here, but you made it so fun! Cheers man..

Hello ryandombrowsky; I have a question for you,, is there a way to turn down the power a little bit on the normal zombies, for instance, there should be no reason only one of them should knock back an armored vehicle, would be cool if there was a bunch of them together aside from the obvious powerhouses lol Great mod tho! I'm not normally into this thing on here, but you made it so fun! Cheers man..

Ryan is currently suffering from Boganini, a rare disease which prevents people from responding to forum posts on-time, so I'll do it for him.

The next update contains exactly what you said - a custom difficulty module allowing you to change all the variables such as knockback, individual damage, attack speed, etc.

In the current version I guess you can try and change these values manually or use the difficulty game-logics.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

stickhazzi I'm not much of a Half Life fan and I still have my own plans for this in future but thanks for the offer anyway!

Anyway I will do an update within a few days, just need to finish a couple models/textures and do a little more testing but so far so good.

Here's some skins progress:

0fIDbPi.jpg

• Like 3

Ryan is currently suffering from Boganini, a rare disease which prevents people from responding to forum posts on-time, so I'll do it for him.

The next update contains exactly what you said - a custom difficulty module allowing you to change all the variables such as knockback, individual damage, attack speed, etc.

In the current version I guess you can try and change these values manually or use the difficulty game-logics.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Sweet! Thanks for the reply :)

Hey Ryan, amazing mod. One problem I'm having, though, is spawning zombies in zeus. I can spawn them in the editor, but I can't figure out how to get it working in zeus. I don't even see the zombies as units I can spawn. I've scoured the internet and haven't found a solution. I'm kinda new to the actual editor, so its probably a user error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just make sure all unofficial addons are enabled in the zeus module.

Anyway sorry it's been a while, here's version 3.5 with a fair few new things:

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.5 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.5 - DROPBOX

What's new:
- New face and skin textures with extra blood, cuts, bruises and paler skin!
- Customisable infection module allowing attacked units to become infected. Infected units can show symtoms (optional) and once dead resurrect as a zombie (also optional).
- Antivirus pills and injections. Pills temporarily stop the infection and the injection cures it.
- More zombie sounds, screaming sounds, and additional feeding sounds added.
- Custom difficulty module that allows more customisation of certain settings such as knockback, attack speed, damage, etc.
- Falling animation added for the crawler zombies.
- Extra optional non present side added to the deletion module.
- Changed a few zombie models and clothes to improved ones for better variety.
- Deleted zombies now don't drop loot, "updating base class" rpt messages fixed, script improvements, and a few minor bug fixes.

• Like 3

We didn't find the problem that was crashing exile and epoch servers, however we've done various script and config improvements. Please put feedback on the crashing issue on our tracker

Hey Ryan and Sanchez

Loving 3.5, the new feeding sounds and zombie sounds are great.

I'm super keen to try this infection module out but I can't find the infection pills or injections anywhere in the virtual arsenal. Perhaps I missed them, I was looking under Misc. Items.

I also tried looking in Zeus for a ammo box or some kind of Z&D box that might have them in and couldn't find anything.

How do we equip the pills and injections?

I made the spawner script for Exile called ExileZ 2,

I can't get any of the animations like spawning, attacking, etc to work properly...

Do you have any idea why ?

The script I made is simply creating the unit and placing it into a group.