I thought me & ryan added a bypass so that the zombie.sqf can also be fully executed on Zeus players. However this seems to have dissapeared in the latest update....I wonder if Ryan fucked up when converting SQS to SQF and accidentally replaced the local check.

I've done a Zeus session with 3.0 on Halloween Eve and experienced no issue when spawning in zombies. They still ran to the players and afaik attacked them (bad memory, can't remember :P).

Note though that MCC has a notorious reputation of fucking everything script&config related up, but regarding the above I will ask Ryan.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I thought me & ryan added a bypass so that the zombie.sqf can also be fully executed on Zeus players. However this seems to have dissapeared in the latest update....I wonder if Ryan fucked up when converting SQS to SQF and accidentally replaced the local check.

I've done a Zeus session with 3.0 on Halloween Eve and experienced no issue when spawning in zombies. They still ran to the players and afaik attacked them (bad memory, can't remember :P).

Note though that MCC has a notorious reputation of fucking everything script&config related up, but regarding the above I will ask Ryan.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hmmm, here are some pictures I just took. No other mods running locally on my machine. Just Zombies and Demons 3.0. I launched Master Altis and logged in a BIS Zeus. No Zombies and Demons available to be spawned.

So quite literally without MCC you can not spawn in Zombies.

r5lTEDM.jpg?1

WdUFINa.jpg?1

ugrGgnU.jpg?1

I think I've seen this issue before, months back. Is Master Altis as shown on the pics, MP lobby, SP or Dedi?

If MP, try it on SP, if SP, try MP.

Ok i reread your original post. However we do spawn the zombies in via Zeus / MCC. wouldn't that then spawn them on the server or do you specifically have to use the MCC interface and 2d map?

Zombie mod logics/modules spawn stuff on the server. MCC spawns stuff on the server (or headless client). Zeus spawns stuff on Zeus' machine (the player logged in as Zeus).

The zombies mixed, what exactly is this? Getting a lot of demons in these groups.

I set type zombies slow civ & soldier and the second as crawlers, then the third as demons, and I seem to get none.

Any ideas here folks?

I set the deletion zones and set them up at my safezones on Exile.

I set it to 300m, yet am noticing that across the map the settings I setup on these are also being applied, despite not being anywhere near these. 

Is there any way to use this to setup a 'zone' where zombies are deleted?

Also, in the newest version with the editor I'm not getting any of the game logic options for wandering, tank flipping, etc. Watched the youtube video and I have them all in my server via the spawners, which was very easy-- A+ on the design work there.

Am I just looking in the wrong spot? Modules-->Zombies

I set the deletion zones and set them up at my safezones on Exile.

I set it to 300m, yet am noticing that across the map the settings I setup on these are also being applied, despite not being anywhere near these. 

Is there any way to use this to setup a 'zone' where zombies are deleted?

Also, in the newest version with the editor I'm not getting any of the game logic options for wandering, tank flipping, etc. Watched the youtube video and I have them all in my server via the spawners, which was very easy-- A+ on the design work there.

Am I just looking in the wrong spot? Modules-->Zombies

This starts to look like a common mistake. The deletion modules are global for the whole mission. You only need to place one.

The gamelogics are in the logic area..not in the modules area....note that you need a 'player' character in order to access logics.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

This starts to look like a common mistake. The deletion modules are global for the whole mission. You only need to place one.

The gamelogics are in the logic area..not in the modules area....note that you need a 'player' character in order to access logics.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Exactly my issue. No player put down is my bet, why I'm not seeing it.

Also thanks about the deletion setting. A+

When setting the logic for zombie and then demons, those settings set-- and I put down a spawner, which has a lot of the same settings, what does it use?

Does putting down the roaming logic just turn it to on? I assume so, I see it has skills and all of that, those are just ignored and not important?

Excuse my ignorance here. I'm a very experienced server admin but I've never actually added in AI and missions via the missionsqm, I've always done things like build out buildings and then edit the code to have my stuff load it on start, so am a bit newer than I'd like to be.

Just tried the latest version, the zombies attack me and it makes a screaming noise but I don't take any damage. What have I missed?

Using ACE. Edit, I do die eventually but after about 100 swipes!

Edit: OK ACE basic medical is OK, advanced isn't

Dude, you're not better than BIS with the updates. Breaking stuff... RyanRuger addon is used by Leight OPFOR (I think) addon, and since its missing from 3.0 the missions in my campaign are not working anymore :/ not a single one.

I said "ok, I'll remove cops with rugers", but then it states "ryan_policecar" missing... and notice that without RyanRuger.pbo entire police faction that I used in 6 missions(!) is missing now. Crap, guess I'll have to make my own Factions addon just to be on the safe side?

Also how do I spawn the spawner modules dynamically? I want to script the spawners to start and stop as the mission goes on. With an older version of this mod I used to do:

zom_slow_3 = "Ryanzombieslogicspawnslow3" createvehiclelocal (getMarkerPos "slow3");

to start the spawner. Then later I could just do deletevehicle to stop it.

Dude, you're not better than BIS with the updates. Breaking stuff... RyanRuger addon is used by Leight OPFOR (I think) addon, and since its missing from 3.0 the missions in my campaign are not working anymore :/ not a single one.

I said "ok, I'll remove cops with rugers", but then it states "ryan_policecar" missing... and notice that without RyanRuger.pbo entire police faction that I used in 6 missions(!) is missing now. Crap, guess I'll have to make my own Factions addon just to be on the safe side?

Yes yes, that was accidentally included in one update. Here you go if you still want it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=548271236

The zombies mixed, what exactly is this? Getting a lot of demons in these groups.

I set type zombies slow civ & soldier and the second as crawlers, then the third as demons, and I seem to get none.

Any ideas here folks?

Mixed is all types, except demons. I just tried those settings then too and it seemed to work fine for me. I saw each type.

Edit: OK ACE basic medical is OK, advanced isn't

Will look into it.

Also how do I spawn the spawner modules dynamically? I want to script the spawners to start and stop as the mission goes on. With an older version of this mod I used to do:

zom_slow_3 = "Ryanzombieslogicspawnslow3" createvehiclelocal (getMarkerPos "slow3");

to start the spawner. Then later I could just do deletevehicle to stop it.

You can do it that way, afaik we kept in the ancient gamelogics, I don't recommend trying that with the spawners, perhaps code it yourself.

Icebreaker, the police addon was accidentally added by the Bogan above me, it was never mentioned in the changelogs either. Ryan was nice enough to upload it to workshop I see.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Ah damn. Well my mission is designed around defending a fixed position, and I'd like to create breaks in the action for side missions, or other events rather than a continuous flow of Zs.

I noticed there is a setting for the delay on the first wave, does that timer start when players are in range, or from the start of the mission?

Ah damn. Well my mission is designed around defending a fixed position, and I'd like to create breaks in the action for side missions, or other events rather than a continuous flow of Zs.

I noticed there is a setting for the delay on the first wave, does that timer start when players are in range, or from the start of the mission?

Once the module is activated. Which on its own depends on the activation settings.

maybee you could change the position of the zombiespawners away from the players by a trigger soon as they reached a crusial point of the mission 

that way they only have to deal with the remaining zombies and they stop spawning

• Like 1

That could be a good idea! I presume you can give modules names so they can be targeted for teleportation?

That worked well thank you! Can you have more than 1 waypoint to stop the hordes running in a long line if they are coming from a distance?

That worked well thank you! Can you have more than 1 waypoint to stop the hordes running in a long line if they are coming from a distance?

i use on every spawner a regular AND waypoint also the roaming logic so they roam about there spawnpoint but soon as you'r detected they ALL!!!  will run towards you

also to prevent long lines use more spawners

Hi! I am trying to make a WW2 zombie mission with this mod because I think is the best zombie mod for ArmA 3, and Iron Front mod for the German skins. The problem is that ryan's zombies don't look like nazi zombies, so I tryed to force change the uniform of the unit in the unit init. However this makes the zombie don't walk like non-german skin zombie, although the attack animation works fine. For example: If I dress a spider zombie with the US Army Uniform the spider zombie is not a spider anymore, it walks like a normal civilian. Any ideas?

Edit: also I get this error: "initJIPcompatible.sqf" is obsolete and has no function.Please don't execute it on your scripts.

Do you sync or group the different waypoints to the spawners then?

did some testing i don't think those waypoints are needed just place the abilities logic Roaming

they stay around the spawnpoint moving about soon as you'r detected all zombies will be going for you

so place your spawners  on obvious places

Is there a tutorial how to set up modules? I remember seeing "eating" present in options somewhere but cannot find it under Modules, where is it?

I am trying to set up a  mission where QRF team is on the standby and they get (a random) location where outbreak is done - by infecting civilian population. QRF needs to stop the infection spreading in main towns, set up road blocks etc.

In case majority of population is infected HQ issues order to nuke the island and they need to get out of there asap...

Hey guys, I just wanted to say the mod is running much far better now in version 3.0.

The only thing I would suggest is with the wandering zombie game logic. While the zombies are in wandering mode they should move at the speed of slow zombies or even slower. After all they are just wandering. A wandering pace should be very slow a methodical.

Seeing a horde of 14 medium or fast zombies in wandering mode all running around like lunatics looks like they all have ADD or something. It just looks very weird.

also while the Feeding logic is WIP they probably should only go into feeding mode once the coast is clear. Seeing a zombie kill a unit then start feeding while it is still taking fire from nearby enemies is a big odd too.