Sign in to follow this  
thelegendarykhan

Simple zombie addon/script/texture?

Its been over 1.5 years that Arma 3 came out and a great amount of time since DAYZ for arma 3 came out. What beats me is that how come such a talented and creative frenzy community like ours has not released a simple zombie script for SP purposes atleast? I am not mentioning those scripts where normal civilians are running into you which I am sorry is not at all appealing IMHO. I agree maybe BI has put some copyright stuff on making zombies like Dayz given the fact that Dayz is one heck of a money making machine for them. But then again, scripters have even introduced a lot of otherwise paid features of ARMA 3 via their own (if not perfect) scripts or addon. Whats the problem with Zombie?

There is a fantastic mod for Raptors and a Trex in production. Why not the madly popular Zombie genre? Whats wrong with zombie textures atleast? Animation may come in the next release.

Please excuse my blabber but it is really annoying that money is the only way to play a zombie version of Arma 3.

Regards

I have to go to work and do my laundry myself... Why does nobody do this for me for free instead? It's really annoying.

Please excuse my blabber

No

Please excuse my blabber but it is really annoying that money is the only way to play a zombie version of Arma 3.

I dont agree the question itself is invalid, I wondered the same. Maybe its because there are so many DayZ Clones out there that anybody who is capable of such a thing is not interested anymore.

Its sad those great antagonists already created (e.g. Epoch + Breaking Point) are not released standalone, I agree. Custom animations are needed to make zombies really fearsome. This said, I have no experience in configs and animations and failed miserably in my first attempt to even create a custom textured "civilian" only.

I have to go to work and do my laundry myself... Why does nobody do this for me for free instead? It's really annoying.

No

Sir if I were even remotely a scripter or a modder or whatever else it takes to accomplish this. I wouldnt have whined. Plus mods are anyway free all it takes is a determination to make a new one. This guy who just released a simple zombie mod is NOW working on textures. He'll be my hero. So think before you react so quick. Your laundry example was very poorly done btw. NO relation whatso ever. Everyone craves for a zombie mod for SP "no internet needed" mode. Gosh

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

I dont agree the question itself is invalid, ...

I am a SP guy Nomisum. Hence I wish for such a mod :)

You complain that nobody does the things YOU want for YOU for FREE. So my analogy was perfectly sound.

In fact, you feel so entitled and special (apparently, judging from this) that posting an in the dedicated request thread is not suitable for your magnificence?

Sir if I were even remotely a scripter or a modder or whatever else it takes to accomplish this. I wouldnt have whined.

What a weak excuse. Then sit down on your butt and become one. It's not that hard. Plenty of tutorials around. "Everyone craves more people who actually create something. Gosh." to put it in your own words.

Edited by Fennek

What a weak excuse. Then sit down on your butt and become one. It's not that hard. Plenty of tutorials around. "Everyone craves more people who actually create something. Gosh." to put it in your own words.

Wish I could. But got a job to take care of and secondly I would rather play for hours then learn to script. Its all about personal tastes. Dont stretch it please.

Its been over 1.5 years that Arma 3 came out and a great amount of time since DAYZ for arma 3 came out. What beats me is that how come such a talented and creative frenzy community like ours has not released a simple zombie script for SP purposes atleast? I am not mentioning those scripts where normal civilians are running into you which I am sorry is not at all appealing IMHO. I agree maybe BI has put some copyright stuff on making zombies like Dayz given the fact that Dayz is one heck of a money making machine for them. But then again, scripters have even introduced a lot of otherwise paid features of ARMA 3 via their own (if not perfect) scripts or addon. Whats the problem with Zombie?

There is a fantastic mod for Raptors and a Trex in production. Why not the madly popular Zombie genre? Whats wrong with zombie textures atleast? Animation may come in the next release.

Regards

Head onto Armaholic next time, I think our assumption is that you are new and will only look at the Steam workshop :P

Link: www.armaholic.com

Kind Regards,

Rawner135

Edited by Ranwer

Head onto Armaholic next time, I think our assumption is that you are new and will only look at the Steam workshop :P

Link: www.armaholic.com

#No_Brainer

#Get_a_brain

Kind Regards,

Rawner135

wow seriously? I am amazed at such idiotic comments. Im a regular at armaholic and not new to Arma by any chance. Why dont you, for heaven's sake send a link for a zombie mod with textures like I requested which would work in SP? Dont cite breaking point, Dayz to me. More than free, im more concerned with an addon or script that just pops zombies around me. Again to be more clear to you - zombies with textures and sounds and actual animations and who will spawn in SP via normal editor.

#No_Brainer

#Get_a_brain

If you cant contribute, might as well shut up and read the original post again.

wow seriously? I am amazed at such idiotic comments. Im a regular at armaholic and not new to Arma by any chance. Why dont you, for heaven's sake send a link for a zombie mod with textures like I requested which would work in SP? Dont cite breaking point, Dayz to me. More than free, im more concerned with an addon or script that just pops zombies around me. Again to be more clear to you - zombies with textures and sounds and actual animations and who will spawn in SP via normal editor.

#No_Brainer

#Get_a_brain

If you cant contribute, might as well shut up and read the original post again.

Um, there has been zombie mods everywhere throughout arma, for example look at ArmA 2's Zombie mod here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9207

If theres no arma 3 mod out there to you...CREATE ONE! (however, the author of the arma 2 version has said to me that he is working on the ArmA 3 version at the moment.)

I too, am creating one known as "DSS: The Mod" which has exactly what your looking for but in WIP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3cjkjHwls

Now my # tags were of sarcasm, so those were referring to myself. (except "Get_a_brain")

And please...try to refrain from strong language, I really don't want to link the community rules..again...

PS: If your expecting a zombie mod u specified, you will need to wait. It's not like modding is easy, it takes months - years to create something like that! And your comment has made me horrible as I have been working on a zombie mod since ArmA 3 Release!

Edited by Ranwer

And please...try to refrain from strong language, I really don't want to link the community rules..again...

I'll tell you what; I'll do that for you, because you obviously don't know them.

There's nothing about swearing in there which you would know if you actually read them. If you don't like reading swear words, then use the "ignore" button. And if children are reading this then I still don't care if I swear as their stupid parents should be aware they're logging onto forums for adult rated games and that's not my problem that they can't control their children.

I'll tell you what; I'll do that for you, because you obviously don't know them.

There's nothing about swearing in there which you would know if you actually read them. If you don't like reading swear words, then use the "ignore" button. And if children are reading this then I still don't care if I swear as their stupid parents should be aware they're logging onto forums for adult rated games and that's not my problem that they can't control their children.

Read through every line, I don't see any mentioning of this "button" of yours, but it does say:

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through Private Messages. If you receive a Private Message that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's Private Messages without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

Kind Regards,

Rawner135

PS: Already have done it for you both. -_-

Read through every line, I don't see any mentioning of this "button" of yours

It doesn't there. Why would it in the rules?

View profile >> Add to ignore list.

And as for flame baiting/abuse I think you'll find you can abuse someone without swearing at them. (And it still says NOTHING about swearing in that quote you uselessly posted up there). As I say, report it if you need to but your understanding of the rules is bollocks.

Das Attorney and Ranwer, relax guys.. Its a small and stupid issue..

And Ranwer, thank you for the civilised reply. I wasnt complaining about you friend. :)

Anyway good luck with your mod. Cant wait :D

EDITED: Just saw that video. Love the wip. they move good. :D only textures and some variation in movements and you are good for first release. Wish I could help RANWER :D But pleeeeeeeeeez make it SP friendly too. Please :(

Edited by TheLegendaryKhan

Das Attorney and Ranwer, relax guys.. Its a small and stupid issue..

And Ranwer, thank you for the civilised reply. I wasnt complaining about you friend. :)

Anyway good luck with your mod. Cant wait :D

EDITED: Just saw that video. Love the wip. they move good. :D only textures and some variation in movements and you are good for first release. Wish I could help RANWER :D But pleeeeeeeeeez make it SP friendly too. Please :(

Yep! That is what DSS is designed for. Its universal for SP and MP :D

Yep! That is what DSS is designed for. Its universal for SP and MP :D

Mmmm not to stretch this but, can you release a zombie "unit-only" mod or addon first? :)

I mean if I can just throw it in editor, spawn zombies and go haywire without the need for other systems like food, water etc. I mean I will obviously try your full RPG type version but right now I will appreciate a smaller file. I am sure releasing such a SP friendly zombie "unit-only" mod will make you a blockbuster instantly :D

Regards

I second that. A zombie unit with a classname would be fantastic for use with TPW_Mods Skirmish. Or just great to use as fodder testing weapons in editor. Charon's old mod was great for this. Even just wound textured Civs models would be great as infected units.

I understand the revulsion to whole DayZ phenom, I like A3 for the hardcore gunfight/squad battlespace experience, but it would be nice to Mozambique some deadheads every once in a while without the whole survival world thing...something to do quick editor runthru's.

B