Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

Modded MX Weapons Wont Show Up In Virtual Arsenal

Hi!

I think I'm experiencing some weird quirk since 1.44 (I'm pretty sure it worked fine before). I've made some custom snow versions of the MX family's rifles. They're working fine in game but won't show up in the Virtual Arsenal. I've modded some more weapons (like the Marksmen guns or TRG-20/21s) - they're showing up as expected. It's just the MX family that's apparently not there. For reference the relevant cutout from my CfgWeapons:

class arifle_MXC_Black_F;
class arifle_MX_Black_F;
class arifle_MX_GL_Black_F;
class arifle_MX_SW_Black_F;
class arifle_MXM_Black_F;

class IP_arifle_MXC_Snow_F: arifle_MXC_Black_F
{
displayName = "MXC 6.5 mm (Snow)";
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\txt\xmx_short_snow_co.paa"};
};

class IP_arifle_MX_Snow_F: arifle_MX_Black_F
{
displayName = "MX 6.5 mm (Snow)";
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\txt\xmx_base_snow_co.paa","\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\txt\xmx_short_snow_co.paa"};
};

class IP_arifle_MX_GL_Snow_F: arifle_MX_GL_Black_F
{
displayName = "MX 3GL 6.5 mm (Snow)";
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\txt\xmx_base_snow_co.paa","\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\txt\glx_snow_co.paa"};
};

class IP_arifle_MX_SW_Snow_F: arifle_MX_SW_Black_F
{
displayName = "MX SW 6.5 mm (Snow)";
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\txt\xmx_lmg_snow_co.paa"};
};

class IP_arifle_MXM_Snow_F: arifle_MXM_Black_F
{
displayName = "MXM 6.5 mm (Snow)";
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\txt\xmx_long_snow_co.paa"};
};

Any ideas out there what might be wrong? Or maybe some 1.44 change I've missed. (Just went through the SPOTREP but couldn't find anything relevant.)

Thanks!

Have you added them in CfgPatches? And do they have scope = 2; and scopeCurator = 2; set?

They're in CfgPatches / weapons[] and scope set to 2. However, I can't find the scopeCurator attribute. Is it somewhere in a sub-class? It's also not set on the orginial black MX as far as I can see.

Just add scopeCurator = 2; it's the same as scope, only for the "curator" ie. zeus.

Hm, it doesn't work. I think that curator thing is more for CfgVehicles anyway. Haven't seen it in CfgWeapons so far. Totally weird. My modded MMGs won't show up as well, but the marksmen rifles do.

Use the ingame config browser, look at the config for one of the vanilla mx'es, the ingame one will show it without the inheritance. So it will show everything, even properties that are inherted, and not as a regular class inheritance.

Yes, I've checked them. No property that hints to the arsenal. And I'm inheriting these classes, so even if there is a property it should also be set in my configs.

put in

baseWeapon = "<weapon classname>";

That will put it in the arsenal.

Inhereting a other MX whitout this will use the default the inheretet one. meaning that it will either stay the MX black or puts it in the custom arsenal even when you put in your own classname

Edited by KBBW123
  • Like 1

Also, if the weapons have any, or are inheriting any attachments off the original MX they won't show up.

The baseWeapon property seems to work just fine. Thank you, chaps!

I was thinking of asking this, but wasn't allowed to post new threads. However I still cannot get the MX to show up in VA.

If I have both

baseWeapon="arifle_MX_SW_Black_F";

scope=2;

, it still doesn't work.

What don't I understand?

I did get trg and mk20 textures easily in VA but MX never.

Your baseWeapon needs to be the modded weapon, not the vanilla one you inherite from.

Oooooooh. Thank you for the explanation :)

Now they are showing up.

Great, thats exactly what I was looking for. So the key is the baseWeapon property. Many thanks!