SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

I can do that no problem and your right. I have already increased the F35s potential and will do the same F22

@Fullerpj

I have a question though. Im glad that you increased the F-35s potenial, but how are you going to balance the F22 compared to the F35 considering the F-22 is mainly a air superiority fighter and the F35 an allrounder. I mean, apart from the epic DAS, EOTS and such, what is the point in picking the F35 if you can have a faster, more maneuverable F-22 that can bombard ground signatures just like the F-35 and essentially gets the job done?

@Fullerpj

I have a question though. Im glad that you increased the F-35s potenial, but how are you going to balance the F22 compared to the F35 considering the F-22 is mainly a air superiority fighter and the F35 an allrounder. I mean, apart from the epic DAS, EOTS and such, what is the point in picking the F35 if you can have a faster, more maneuverable F-22 that can bombard ground signatures just like the F-35 and essentially gets the job done?

good question. While you are right the F22 is more of a air dominance role. The F22 can not use the same muns as the F35. The F35 in this pack has been greatly enhanced and can use more munitions that the F35 cant. There are also some muns that are avaliable to the 22 that the F35 cannot use as of yet. All in all munitions will be the reason why you choose the F35 over the F22.

Thank you very much, Fullerpj. It's really a nice mod!

I am wondering how I make an AI crew to "autopilot" an AC130U? I can do it when I am the pilot, but is there a script that I can use in the editor that let AI pilot do this? Also, is it possible to manually set the circling radius, altitude, etc through a trigger or sth in mission editor?

I am making a simple mission where I am a ground unit, when single click on map, the AI controlled AC130U will circle around that point and provide air support; and when I cancel it with radio, it will fly away.

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much, Fullerpj. It's really a nice mod!

I am wondering how I make an AI crew to "autopilot" an AC130U? I can do it when I am the pilot, but is there a script that I can use in the editor that let AI pilot do this? Also, is it possible to manually set the circling radius, altitude, etc through a trigger or sth in mission editor?

I am making a simple mission where I am a ground unit, when single click on map, the AI controlled AC130U will circle around that point and provide air support; and when I cancel it with radio, it will fly away.

Thank you very much!

Idk about having AI starting it through editor but if you put down the AI- AC-130 game logic you can do exactly how you want it.map click and ac-130 will attack targets in its range. You can also command it to go home

Idk about having AI starting it through editor but if you put down the AI- AC-130 game logic you can do exactly how you want it.map click and ac-130 will attack targets in its range. You can also command it to go home

Yes, I tried the game logic. It did enables player to call in AC 130 and let it go home. But thing is when you call an AC 130 and after the countdown finishes, the AC -130 appears suddenly. And after you choose "go home", it disappears suddenly. There is no solid AC - 130 takes off or lands on nearby airport. I assume the logic calls a "virtual" AC 130 rather than a real one. But not such "virtual" - you can see the AC 130 flying in the air and probably able to shot it down. So is that because when called, temporally create an AC 130 on its orbit, and delete the vehicle after the support? If this is the case, can I know the name of the temporally created plane? Say I want to add more ammo to this gunship, or move troops into the cargo of this AC 130, and after it finishes support, drop the parachute troops.

I also tried the (non AI) AC 130 logic, which put you into the gunner seat of that gunship. But why the ammo count from that seat is different from that of specific gunner seat (say 25mm vulcan seat), is that intentional?

Thank you again!

actually I had a question will there be a option to have the aircraft in the USAF pack be able to be called in as fire support in zeus/ares the like as of now I know only the default a3 planes and the rhs a-10 are usable but the idea of being able to call in a b-1 /b-2 or a ac-130 for fire support is quite appealing

Yes, I tried the game logic. It did enables player to call in AC 130 and let it go home. But thing is when you call an AC 130 and after the countdown finishes, the AC -130 appears suddenly. And after you choose "go home", it disappears suddenly. There is no solid AC - 130 takes off or lands on nearby airport. I assume the logic calls a "virtual" AC 130 rather than a real one. But not such "virtual" - you can see the AC 130 flying in the air and probably able to shot it down. So is that because when called, temporally create an AC 130 on its orbit, and delete the vehicle after the support? If this is the case, can I know the name of the temporally created plane? Say I want to add more ammo to this gunship, or move troops into the cargo of this AC 130, and after it finishes support, drop the parachute troops.

I also tried the (non AI) AC 130 logic, which put you into the gunner seat of that gunship. But why the ammo count from that seat is different from that of specific gunner seat (say 25mm vulcan seat), is that intentional?

Thank you again!

i cant get this to work how did you do it

i cant get this to work how did you do it

Put a player and an AC 130 game logic in the editor, and synchronize these two. Then start with player and you will see "call AC 130" in action menu.

Make sure you put down the AC-130 Game logic init along with what jiang18 said

Dorph;2965699']I must say that i do not hope that the nuke will be added to other planes than the b2. The problem with the nuke is

that it very hard on a stressed server' date=' if i use it on my server that has been running for a while with many clients,

it simply crashes the server. I never use the b2 in my public server due to its heavy power, it will simply kill a whole

target before any infantry reaches the target. If added to other planes i beg you to include a simple way to disable it.

I think if added to more planes it will shrink the use of this great mod on public mp-servers. The f16 as an example is

already very powerfull with 12 lockable agm65 missiles + radarjammer.[/quote']

So the entire Arma 3 community should just step aside and accept that because your server package can't handle nuclear destruction at high pop, then none fo the thousands of players that use this addon pack should have a proper function that offers immersive freedom?

@fullerpj,,, please add the b61 to the service menu of the appropriate aircrafts. #SuperAwesome

Make sure you put down the AC-130 Game logic init along with what jiang18 said

Hmm must miss something any one has a demo mission to see how it's done that would be cool thanks

So the entire Arma 3 community should just step aside and accept that because your server package can't handle nuclear destruction at high pop, then none fo the thousands of players that use this addon pack should have a proper function that offers immersive freedom?

@fullerpj,,, please add the b61 to the service menu of the appropriate aircrafts. #SuperAwesome

Op asked for openions, thats what i gave, why dont you just give yours and respect other users openion is not the same as yours.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

I am aware of the recent update breaking the Air Force Mod i am trying to figure out what happened and to fix it. Thanks for your understanding. As of right now the update is delayed

Pls don't make the F-35 less agile than the F-16.

In the test, the F-35 in question, AF-02 was restricted by its' software as it was a prototype F-35.

Pls don't make the F-35 less agile than the F-16.

In the test, the F-35 in question, AF-02 was restricted by its' software as it was a prototype F-35.

The year is 2035 thats not gonna happen

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

update on situation: It appears only proxies were hurt with the update. I have tested everything else including the new features and we have zero issues..please stay tuned. If another modder has a similar issue and have found a fix please share it with myself and Firewill as his mod has been effected also. Thanks

thanks for the headsup on the arma update giving usaf issues. I didnt see any issues myself but thanks for investigating. Looking forward to the update, especially the mv22 carrying quadbikes ... very cool

Issue has been resolved thanks to firewill. I will be releasing the mod as a whole in the next couple of days ;)

I was wondering if its possible to spawn tanks/vehicles in the planes such as the C5 Galaxy or C17 as cargo through scripts instead of having to load them in game. I want to do a vehicle para drop from the beginning of the mission with the plane already flying. Thanks for a great mod!

Issue has been resolved thanks to firewill. I will be releasing the mod as a whole in the next couple of days ;)

Great News

Oh good new on pending update.

Some niggles: screws up the stand alone a10c mod (makes loadout selector not work)

Stabilators on f16 are backwards

Atitude indicators in a10c and c130s are all screwed up/don't work

a10c mfd's don't have moving map display or target camera. kinda useless.

B2 refueling doesn't work.

Any way to have a script where when you approach the kc135 it hold a level speed and altitude and heading? refueling is...hard.

TIA!

1. Already fixed

2. Already reported and Already Fixed

3. Already reported and Already Fixed

4. I didnt want mine to have moving map..and the TGP is WIP.

5. Already fixed.

Ill look into the KC135 issue it might make it in this update..if not it will be in the next

1. Already fixed

2. Already reported and Already Fixed

3. Already reported and Already Fixed

4. I didnt want mine to have moving map..and the TGP is WIP.

5. Already fixed.

Ill look into the KC135 issue it might make it in this update..if not it will be in the next

Would love to see a proper tanker track if its possible in arma. Have it so requesting fuel puts the tanker into racetrack mode or something

Or maybe even something where when you have an AWACS in the mission you can request a vector to the tanker (would actually make that thing useful) :D

Oh god yes. How I long for this type of realism. Now we just need tacan to work lol

Any chance we could get a basket on the rescue hawk? I think it would add a bit of versatility and usefulness to the rescuehawk for some S&R style stuff :3