Sign in to follow this  
krycek

Total War:Warhammer

I wonder what nations will be included in the game, lets hope evey nation will be represented.

Also I wonder if they will implement some hero/general duel system for battles.

Only Empire,Greenskins,Dwarfs and Vampire Counts,Chaos too but I'm not sure if they'll be playable.So no Skaven,Lizardmen,Elfs or others for the first game,they'll probably add some of them in the next 2 standalone games.

Hmm thats not much, seems they are not going for huge scales we are used to in Total War.

It could also turn out into a DLC fest, who knows.

On the other hand Shogun was based in Japan with pretty much same factions and it was and still is great.

They said they want to go deep into the 4 factions, instead of beeing very shallow. Dont forget that the factions are all completely different, as opposed to rome where many barbaric factions are extremely similar for example, or eastern units, or medieval where all the significant european factions are basically copies of one another, visually and unit selection wise

On the other hand Shogun was based in Japan with pretty much same factions and it was and still is great.

I'm not with you on that one... i made one playthrough and had no desire whatsoever to do it with any other faction again. They all look the same, unit variety was horrible. I already had big concerns about it when they announced that it was going to be Shogun. It was not bad, but only because it is a total war game, not because the factions was great

Well the most important aren't the factions if they can be modded in. Hopefully they can nail the game mechanic, different type of units and lore so things are on a solid base and expandable.

Well the most important aren't the factions if they can be modded in.

Game cant be modded. And i dont want to wait on mods to play the game, and i want high quality, otherwise i could play the medieval 2 mod. It has everything, except balancing and quality are all over the place.

Game cant be modded. And i dont want to wait on mods to play the game, and i want high quality, otherwise i could play the medieval 2 mod. It has everything, except balancing and quality are all over the place.

God daaaaaaam. Well that's very lame.

Its a shame games nowadays have such limited modding capabilities (or none at all) so that the developers/publishers can sell tons of tiny DLCs.

On the other hand many mods never come out, many others are pretty unstable (like the aforementioned Warhammer mod for Medieval 2).

I wonder if this game will feature naval combat, there is a huge sea between the Empire and the Norsca, but then again I think the campaign map will be rather small and feature only a couple of imperial provinces.

EDIT: and there isnt much about naval combat in Warhammer FB anyway, but one can dream...

Edited by negah

EDIT: and there isnt much about naval combat in Warhammer FB anyway, but one can dream...

Maybe not with the initial factions... but if we think about corsairs, high elfs, etc? WHFB just doesnt have established naval units as far as i'm aware off, the naval side is definitely there. Nothing an artwork team couldnt come up with. From the initial faction choice it sounds however as if there will be no sea at all (if we consider where those factions are located on the warhammer map).

They already said they wanted to add additional races and so on via expansion/DLC

And in this case i dont mind, because each race is completely different to each other. Not like for the other games, where the DLC added a new faction that where just another, minimally different looking, barbaric faction with minimally different speer units or so. :rolleyes:

I just hope the campaign map gameplay will be good, particulary the building... Hopefully not as underwhelming as rome2 :j:

Well I learned not to trust CA with anything prior to release. They always promise all kinds of stuff without delivering on it.

Yes, but they promised DLC/expansion :P ... no way in hell they will not deliver that. If they will be good for the money asked is another question

Yeah, that is the only thing you can trust them with. A damn shame that Steam refunds wasn´t a thing when they released Rome 2, might have given them a proper lesson.

It's safe to assume they're gonna milk the crap out of the trilogy with unit packs,blood mod(because lol) and campaigns dlcs,my problem will be when their greed gets upgraded to super greed and they start to chop entire factions to add them as dlc(let's say skaven for example) instead of the next game in the trilogy or big addon like with Napoleon or Attila.I hope it doesn't come to that.

I am looking forwards to this iteration of total war, I am a big time collector of warhammer and have a skaven army I have been working on and just recently finished painting a doomwheel to pro standards, now in middle of getting my storm vermin painted up, I really hope they will release skaven as soon as possible and not keep them for one of the last ones to be released.

If the game is done well and the expansions feel good, I can pay for those, to finally get Fantasy Battle strategy game in PC. There was this Mark Of Chaos but it wasn't really a good one. Since I started to play Total War I've always dreamed about Total War and Warhammer Fantasy to be combined because there's a huge potential. It can and likely differs from the boardgame in a gameplay wise but as long as the fluff and feeling is there, it's all good.

Too bad that CA/Sega has gone pretty bad with their DLC stuff lately.

If the game is done well and the expansions feel good, I can pay for those, to finally get Fantasy Battle strategy game in PC. There was this Mark Of Chaos but it wasn't really a good one. Since I started to play Total War I've always dreamed about Total War and Warhammer Fantasy to be combined because there's a huge potential. It can and likely differs from the boardgame in a gameplay wise but as long as the fluff and feeling is there, it's all good.

Too bad that CA/Sega has gone pretty bad with their DLC stuff lately.

I played warhammer dark omen a lot when it came out and the early total war games and kept hoping that we would see an official warhammer fantasy game on par so I am having really high hopes for this one, just I would like to see how they handle magic in-game.

In engine cinematic trailer, aka the game absolutelly won't look like this. CAs hype machine is at it again....

In engine cinematic trailer, aka the game absolutelly won't look like this. CAs hype machine is at it again....

Have you actually watched it? It can be clearly seen that those are game models and textures. Maybe smoke/light/motion blur is touched up, but the units/textures are game level asset quality, not EA "engine cinematic" render-quality assetts.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/About_our_trailers

Edited by X3KJ

Have you actually watched it? It can be clearly seen that those are game models and textures. Maybe smoke/light/motion blur is touched up, but the units/textures are game level asset quality, not EA "engine cinematic" render-quality assetts.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/About_our_trailers

Yeah I did see it and it's the same bullshit as with the Rome2 Trailers pre release. If you don't know what I mean watch some Rome2 pre/after release comparisons.

the difference was that they had different (overly contrasty) lighting and a larger map, postprocessing and human controlled,ochestrated movement... wow, so evil of them.