Sign in to follow this  
MrHuachuca

A3 Animal Pack

A3 Animal Pack Mod

By MrHuachuca

This mod is my very first mod created, and hopefully it is a sucess on the publics eye. The mod is a 10+ animal mod pack that brings brand new animals to ambitent life combat. I created this mod as a test to learn modding as well as I noticed there's not much animals in Arma 3, (and I personally enjoy ambitent combat with Alive, Ambitent life modules, etc). Now remember this is my first mod using Arma 3 Tools so if you have any texture errors, bugs, pop-up errors, crashes, etc please contact me in a PM about them or tell me about them below and i'll be right on to fixing it.

This mod brings all the animals of Arma 2 to Arma 3 in a HD textured import. HD textured import means I colored the textures on the animals more to make them "Arma 3" style. As in not so blury, really detailed. This is almost like a "import" but with little editing. I do plan deeply to enhance the mod by learning how to do more detailed modding. Currently working on a Arma 3 "Whale". Physics of it hurtings you and damaging a rubber small boat is unkown. DEV pictures will be posted along the way! For more information please read below! (For agreement,classnames, buildlog, etc: all included in file @mh_animals)

There is a sample mission however the sample mission is just a freindly stroll through stratis and you do pass by many of the new animals.

80% credit goes to Bohemia Interactive, I only did the texturing. They created the actual model itself

Features:

+Many Cow Variants

+Hens

+Roosters or "Cocks" ;)

+Fins

+Pastors

+Goats

+Rabbits

+Sheep

+WildBoar

+Play as animals (just place the animal like a normal NATO unit and hit Red or "Player" in the interaction menu in editor)

"To Do" List:

Whales

Coyotes

## Fix Class Names ##

If you have any suggestions of animals please let me know! Thinking of doing swamp animals for the Swampy area of Altis. Animals like Gators, Deer, Snakes, etc.

Screenshots and Videos

Changelog

### Changelog Legend

```git

+ Added

- Removed

@ Fixed

^ Improved

```

#### @mh_animals1.2

+Goat IEDs! (tutorial video coming soon) :dancehead:

+Sample Mission (extract out of @mh_animals folder or download on Steam Workshop by searching "mh_animals sample mission").

#### @mh_animals1.1

+Several variants of cows

+Sheep

+Goats

+Chickens

+Roosters

+Hens

+WildBoar

+Fin

+Pastor

+Rabbit

@= Silver Sheep HD Texture errors

- = Takistani Middle East Dogs

^ = HD textures on cows

Known Issues

Blank ClassNames (untill fixed look on the top right of the menu for the description names)

Cows can swim, and don't drown.

Picture.paa and Logo.paa is being a jerk with me, any help? :rage:

Description.exe fail. Fixing on saturdays update.

No animal sounds, Fixing on saturdays update.

How to download

1. Download the mod on MEGA

2. Go to your downloads folder.

3. Place the folder inside your mod directory

4. Load up the mod as active with CBA or Steam | Add the mod to your PlayWithSix collection.

5. Verify the mod is active on the Arma 3 Menu

6. Launch the sample mission

7. Run over a cow..

8. Mission complete farmer.

Credit And Thanks

Bohemia Interactive: Game Engine, and base of model

Bohemia Interactive Tools: Amazing Tools that made this a sucess.

PlayWithSix: Allowing my mod to be on thier wonderful program.

Armaholic: Allowing my mod to be on thier wonderful program.

CSJ: Allowing me to use Snake and Shark mods and retexture them a bit. :)

Download:

Download Links removed

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-{SnNsWUJlYzJFSjdUSVk4TG93QTRvUHhCY0U5REh6Nlkza21xMSt4MWNDbkxZSDNzdHgybGJYMnF1V09lUHZKUXpWWmFvWERyQ2NUQjU4d21mdzNiVjRGRVloVjNsWndiRXgyazBBVnlSTTkxTW5DK1BlcUxEWkw5ODlTcWZVSmw=}

Video will be up in a few hours :cool:

Goat IED tutorial video should be up around saturday morning. Have a nice day!

Edited by R0adki11
download links removed until permission issues have been resolved

Brilliant!

Finally I can mount battle tanks on cows again :D

I was eagerly awaiting more animals to the game - Great job!

Please consider elephants to the game, I know it's an odd request and probably difficult to do, but I'd love to combine elephants and perhaps a map like N'ziwasogo and create a campaign that focuses on the struggle/battle against poachers in Africa. (Wild life reserves)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Can't upload the video at the moment but I do have it on standby for upload. Like I said will be up tonight or tommorow. Here down at Fort Huachuca Army Base were getting some pretty bad Thunder Storms and that really affects us. Plus the internet connection down here is terrible. My current download speed is 10kb/s. Upload would take around 24 hours. Usually around midnight we have good internet speed around 425kb/s (which is called "good" out here lol). So check back here if you want to see the video before downloading around tommorow morning! :) Have a nice day everyone.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Brilliant!

Finally I can mount battle tanks on cows again :D

I was eagerly awaiting more animals to the game - Great job!

Please consider elephants to the game, I know it's an odd request and probably difficult to do, but I'd love to combine elephants and perhaps a map like N'ziwasogo and create a campaign that focuses on the struggle/battle against poachers in Africa. (Wild life reserves)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thank you Sanchez for the kind reply! Elephants I have been thinking of a lot due to the amount of people playing jungle/rain forest feeling maps lately. Although depending on the size of an Elephant I will look into it! Have been really focusing on desert and woodland/jungle animals lately due to so many people playing Takistan with Alive Ambitent combat. Currently working on a Humpback Whale and Coyotes but yes indeed I will look into Jungle enviroment animals!

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

New mod v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/07bd4ffc-a86e-4014-8839-2afe4c6b8392/logos/banner-420x120.png

@MrHuachuca;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thank you for the wonderful opportunity of having my Mod on a list in Pay withSix! Play withSix added in "Credits and Thanks".

Thank you Sanchez for the kind reply! Elephants I have been thinking of a lot due to the amount of people playing jungle/rain forest feeling maps lately. Although depending on the size of an Elephant I will look into it! Have been really focusing on desert and woodland/jungle animals lately due to so many people playing Takistan with Alive Ambitent combat. Currently working on a Humpback Whale and Coyotes but yes indeed I will look into Jungle enviroment animals!

A Humpback Whale sounds extraordinary. Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

New artwork pictures! Just also bought adobe photoshop, this outta be fun editing with special effects haha.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34114798217416058/D14BA357BB53AB0C503A8FF03787E3C9ACA1027A/ (219 kB)

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34114798217416773/909FDDBAB77FE9C4D58E76BB83AD57CF5B1A97E8/ (281 kB)

Will have some development pictures up tonight!

At last some one take animal form Arma 2 to Arma 3,great jod man,also we need a shark,poison snake,and gator from Arma 2,thank man that for,well done.......

At last some one take animal form Arma 2 to Arma 3,great jod man,also we need a shark,poison snake,and gator from Arma 2,thank man that for,well done.......

Currently working on several things at the moment. New civilian "adventure" vehicles for this mod pack such as a Tractor, Australian Outback jeep, etc. (almost done) also just starting on sharks, more snakes, and gators... ehhh I don't know. I would contact DNN (person who created arma 2 gators) to see if I can create a gator similiar to his in Arma 3 but it seems that he is not active on the fourm anymore. Also as well just finishing up Buffloa which will be 1 out of the 4 new animals coming in this next update (around sunday afternoon)

Thanks for the complements! Have a nice day.

You should consider collaborating with CUP (Community Upgrade Project) if you intend to port over old ArmA content, especially if you improve them up to ArmA 3 standards too! Nice work.

You should consider collaborating with CUP (Community Upgrade Project) if you intend to port over old ArmA content, especially if you improve them up to ArmA 3 standards too! Nice work.

Thank you! I would start collaborating with CUP but I don't think I'm too "experienced" in the modding community yet.

Hey MrHuachuca, you´re that Trisken-kid right, I rememeber your avatar...

Nice work porting those animals, thou half of them are ALREADY on A3 (or is it TPW_mods spawning insta-ports of animals from A2?)... but you should add on known issues that none of the animals emit any sound (no barking, mooo, etc)

BTW, you sample missions loads as "DEVGRU_template" by Syncie and crashes Arma3 unless you make me take my time (and knowledge) to actually put VAS and ASOG files inside this mission of yours that require them or delete those entries on description file...

I know you´re still early on the learning curve process, so I won´t take it harshly, but as a balzachian advice: don´t rush your release and test a little more before releasing... you can ruin somebody else´s game (think of a noob that can´t play arma3 anymore cus your sample mission crashes it when trying to go to scenarios tab!

cheers! :o

Brand new Update 2.1 Tralier. I recently worked my butt off these past hours to do little retexturing and lots of testing! Update comes out Saturday 3/21/2015. :yay:

Here's two development pictures as well as a video.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34114798218734179/D9BFB3234F5A9AB538F17522A0150E6FD8579ADD/ (517 kB)

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34114798218746048/D53E308750A4BFA3340D67E933C4C9698C477413/ (675 kB)

Special Thanks to Mr. CSJ for helping me out big time! More thank you credit will be given and why to Mr. CSJ in the update! :)

---------- Post added at 07:16 ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 ----------

;2903555']Hey MrHuachuca' date=' you´re that Trisken-kid right, I rememeber your avatar... [/size']

Nice work porting those animals, thou half of them are ALREADY on A3 (or is it TPW_mods spawning insta-ports of animals from A2?)... but you should add on known issues that none of the animals emit any sound (no barking, mooo, etc)

BTW, you sample missions loads as "DEVGRU_template" by Syncie and crashes Arma3 unless you make me take my time (and knowledge) to actually put VAS and ASOG files inside this mission of yours that require them or delete those entries on description file...

I know you´re still early on the learning curve process, so I won´t take it harshly, but as a balzachian advice: don´t rush your release and test a little more before releasing... you can ruin somebody else´s game (think of a noob that can´t play arma3 anymore cus your sample mission crashes it when trying to go to scenarios tab!

cheers! :o

Hmmm that's really weird the Devgru side of the post. Sounds are being updated in this upcoming update as well but yes i will definetly fix the sample mission... quite odd how Devgru template got in the folder after i tested the folder multiple times lol

----------------------

EDIT: Just found the problem. When I was doing a last minute change to description.ext I accidentaly when I had two folders open I swapped Description.exts. I will defeinetly have to fix that and put the right description.exe in on saturday's update. Added to Known Issues.

Edited by MrHuachuca

OK, just don´t forget to add the ASOG and VAS config files on your fixed sample mission... and why not make a "hunt the boar" mission? (or the "Water Bufaloo"... it could be added to A3Vietnam mod =) )

Good to know the animals sounds are going to be added, it kinda breaks the immersion all that silence!

cheers!

;2903564']OK' date=' just don´t forget to add the ASOG and VAS config files on your fixed sample mission... and why not make a "hunt the boar" mission? (or the "Water Bufaloo"... it could be added to A3Vietnam mod =) )

Good to know the animals sounds are going to be added, it kinda breaks the immersion all that silence!

cheers![/quote']

The water buffalo was based off of the veitnam mod and csj's mods. (Thank you CSJ) Hunting missions show come out soon after I get some stuff like Deer, or other woodland animals in. (Maybe around 1 week or so). Have a nice day.

Well done! I was waiting for something like this!

Now i can go hunting wildboards with the CZ rifle.

(wanted to do a coop mission about that xDDD)

will be more animals in a future?? please add deers xD

Thanks very much for this.

IMHO these "little" details combined make a HUGE differece in realism and atmosphere, way more than a Nth variation of Nth rifle.

Are the animals startled by the sound of gunfire and/or the approach of other animals, cars and/or humans?

Because in A2 there a nice mod which meant that entire flocks of birds would suddenly rise up from trees as you approached.

But it sometimes left you wondering, was it me that startled them or someone else...

Ah the suspense was incredible!

Phronk's suggestion to leverage CUP's considerable experience in porting A2 content seems like an excellent idea.

Edited by domokun

The water buffalo was based off of the veitnam mod and csj's mods. (Thank you CSJ) Hunting missions show come out soon after I get some stuff like Deer, or other woodland animals in. (Maybe around 1 week or so). Have a nice day.

And just clarify, as due to the issues with your previous releases under your previous alias of Tristen2NT. Do you have permissions to use CSJs work?

That water buffalo is from the Unsung mod 2.6. I would recognize that ugly modified A2 cow and that stretching texture on her back from miles away. As far as I know, no permission to take her for a ride was asked.

I would suggest you, MrHuachuca, to ask the mod management about Unsung's policy regarding taking the stuff from the mod and using it elsewhere. At least it would be polite if nothing else. Mr. Bigstone is the current cattleman. If he is busy herding the cattle, I'm sure also the former rancher, Sgt_Savage, or the buffalo whisperer, yours truly, can help instead. If you have already consulted either of these gentleman with satisfying results, then please just ignore my post and have fun with the buffalo.

:)

Well done! I was waiting for something like this!

Now i can go hunting wildboards with the CZ rifle.

(wanted to do a coop mission about that xDDD)

will be more animals in a future?? please add deers xD

Thank you so much for the compliment! And yes deer will be out soon (I'd say 1 or 2 weeks)

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Please remember crocodile will not be added as I respect Mr. Charon and I beleive he should be the only one with a Crocodile. (as it took a lot of effort for him to create that and function properly) CSJ snakes and adders though are added into the mod pack with minor texture edits (got permission)

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

And just clarify, as due to the issues with your previous releases under your previous alias of Tristen2NT. Do you have permissions to use CSJs work?

Yes I do have permission from CSJ to use his work and edit minor textures (I give him full credit for the Buffalo, Snakes and Adders, and the Sharks) (full credit to Bohemia for the actual arma 2 animal models itself)

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Thanks very much for this.

IMHO these "little" details combined make a HUGE differece in realism and atmosphere, way more than a Nth variation of Nth rifle.

Are the animals startled by the sound of gunfire and/or the approach of other animals, cars and/or humans?

Because in A2 there a nice mod which meant that entire flocks of birds would suddenly rise up from trees as you approached.

But it sometimes left you wondering, was it me that startled them or someone else...

Ah the suspense was incredible!

Phronk's suggestion to leverage CUP's considerable experience in porting A2 content seems like an excellent idea.

The animals are startled a little by gunfire. Trying to make them scare off due to car horns at the moment.

----

The entire flocks of birds rasing from the trees, pigieons (or however you spell those crap birds, lol) and hawks flee imeditately from gunfire and loud noises such as tanks and helicopters. As for formation birds, attempting to add bird formation models where some hawks will fly right around each other when flying high up.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Eh, I know it's a bit past easter but anyone want a pink bunny? lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq1yrpf0zbhoi7x/wow....PNG?dl=0

Yes I do have permission from CSJ to use his work and edit minor textures (I give him full credit for the Buffalo, Snakes and Adders, and the Sharks) (full credit to Bohemia for the actual arma 2 animal models itself)

Nice that you have asked CSJ's permission for the snakes, adders and sharks, but since when he has been handing out permissions to use my work? I made the ugly water buffalo for the Unsung mod and either Bigstone who runs the mod, or me can decide about its fate. I suppose you would have received permission to use it, or even get the updated, not-yet-released version if only you'd asked.

• Confused 1

MrHuachuca you go creating snake,can you make similar from Arma 2,I meam poison to????

Locking Thread - until all the permission issues have been clarified - all download links removed.

It important to observe the forum rules while on these forums:

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.