Looks like WarfareThai is going to be the one mod to play along with Ravage...

Thanks for the support LordBooka!

• Like 1

v0.1.5.2
- M231 FPW now has only FullAuto fire mode.
- Reduced the effectiveness of Can Cannon projectiles (except for the Redgull).
- Added Asian Civilian faction.
- Added fictional weapons: AK-108M(6.5mm) and AK-102M(6.5mm).
- Fixed EEAF uniform arms glitch.
- Added new zombie faces (for Ravage Mod): COREV_AsianHead_Z_01,COREV_AfricanHead_Z_01,COREV_GreekHead_Z_01,COREV_PersianHead_Z_01
- Added 5 dance moves (from ArmA 2):Dancing_DuoIvan, Dancing_DuoStefan, Dancing_Stefan, Dancing_Zozino, Dancing_MadMetal
- Fixed some minor issues.

• Like 1

The next update will be delayed until I can get the APEX (I got it now :D).

• Like 1

Lordbooka, so I finally got around to trying your African insurgents with ALiVE. First of all, hey man, damn fine job!

Though one thing is confusing me. In the groups section, you have a section with a ton of "motorized" units. And it is amazing too. However, they won't spawn with ALiVE and I really don't understand why.

The infantry groups spawn no problem. And the motorized groups look right but they must be configured in a non-traditional way because they don't spawn in ALIVE at all.

I know a couple (not all) of Massi's faction suffer the same fate. It's really odd. I wish I could explain why it isn't working but I'm not really an expert on this stuff. All I know is that all groups should spawn fine with ALiVE as long as they follow standard BIS group config protocol.

Anyway, I told you I'd check and report back. The faction is damn incredible otherwise and I have to say, it deseves much more love on the forums than it gets. I have a feeling people are thrown off by the name TBH.

• Like 1

Oh! I forgot! During my ALiVE test with the African insurgents, I had this error: http://i.imgur.com/hVFYRc9.jpg

This was with spawning infantry (which as I said seemed to work fine with ALiVE. The motorized groups were the issue) so who knows how harmless it is. Figured I'd pass it along though as I'm an error Nazi and my best guess is as a mod maker, you are too! :)

• Like 1

Thanks HeroesandvillainsOS!

This should help me a lot for determination what is the cause of the problem.

Hopefully I can fix this soon.

As for the UGL_F error, I assumed it has been occurred because of the APEX added "class UGL_F: UGL_F {};" to various SMG classes.

• Like 1

No problem! Just a few weeks ago I bitched in the Addon Requests thread that we "need" a comprehensive Islamic terrorist mod faction. Most of the other household names have either been abandoned or don't have a decent variety of factions (such as motorized units, civs, etc). Honestly, this mod could definitely be the one. If you can figure out how to get your non-infantry configs in order it would suit the bill nicely. I'm really really impressed by what you have here.

I'm going to assume the other factions would behave the same way with ALiVE (such as the Middle Easterners, etc). But man, once you get your configs sorted out this is going to be a very special and much needed mod. Like I said, it needs more love here on the forums. Just laying down units in the editor and I'm really impressed.

Good job man and thanks for taking the time to read my impressions.

• Like 1

v0.1.5.3
- Weapons compatibility with APEX (WFT weapons can accept APEX magazines, but not vise versa).
- WFT weapons use APEX magazines as default.
- Added new zombie identities (for Ravage Mod): COREV_AsianHead_Z_01,COREV_AfricanHead_Z_01,COREV_GreekHead_Z_01,COREV_PersianHead_Z_01 (identical to CfgFaces)
- WFT OPFOR and INDEP now have Motorized_MTP and Motorized class in CfgGroups (ALiVE compatible <-- hopefully).
- Fixed some minor issues.

• Like 3

v0.1.5.3

- Weapons compatibility with APEX (WFT weapons can accept APEX magazines, but not vise versa).

- WFT weapons use APEX magazines as default.

Nice, that's the kind of things that makes life so much easier for mission makers, thanks mate.

• Like 1

Is the new motorized class working with ALiVE right now? I am barely tested since I usually got problem with setting up ALiVE..

I haven't had a chance to check (for some reason my N'Ziwasogo likes to crash constantly. No clue there). But I will hopefully soon and report back. Really hoping I can figure out why that map runs like crap (it CTD's with out of memory and unable to init DXGI) because I really wanted to use your African faction on it.

• Like 1

Have you try to run the mod one-by-one? May be this method could help you (some how) to detect the issue faster.

As far as I know, NZiwasogo is depended on many addons, may be some of them have issues with new expansion.

I've had this issue on the map (with ALiVE) for quite some time. There was a clusterdata error which meant the map needed to be re-indexed.

The ALiVE Devs just did that and I don't get the error anymore but I still crash constantly. I know it's not the mods. Before trying your African Insurgents, I was using identical mods for the missions Prophet and Inshallah in my signature, just adding any African faction I could find (Massi's African Conflict, CAF Aggressors, etc). Those missions play very well and cleanly so the only thing I can think of is some conflict with ALiVE and the map itself. Or perhaps me using too many objectives or soldiers but it's a HUGE map so I can't exactly leave it empty either (that would be BORING).

Any time I enter I big city, the FPS turns into a slideshow and I either crash or wish I had because my game becomes unresponsive. I used to get the same behavior on Al Rayak so I'm wondering if Makhno's map have some sort of inherent conflict with ALiVE or just problems in general.

I'll figure it out. It's just very odd behavior when other enormous maps play just fine.

I could not help you much about ALiVE, but, as for to fill the empty map, I think BIS had introduced a command to create just 3d models on the scene (no config needed).

I can show you the example once I have reached to my PC (next week).

Here is the command which I had mentioned

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createSimpleObject

I used to create the objects with this command then combined with Simulation manager, the result is quite satisfied.

• Like 1

Hi Lordbooka. Unfortunately COREV_AFG still doesn't spawn motorized groups.

I'll see if I can get an ALiVE Dev in here to get you some resources on how the group configs need to be written.

Definitely no pressure on doing this if it's a lot of work. Though I appreciate your dedication in finding a solution! :) I'm sure if it's something simple you'd love to get them working (I would too!) so let me see if I can poke someone to offer some insight.

• Like 1

Thanks!

That would help me a lot.

I think I can try this when I have a chance to access to my PC.

• Like 1

I had fixed the UGL_F error, and tried to rename Motorized_MTP group to just Motorized.

I hope this can fix the ALiVE compatible issue.

• Like 1