Sign in to follow this  
forklifthat

Version 1.40 features

It was my understanding that version 1.40 would include weapon resting/bipods, the ability to use suppressive fire, a fix for mortars killing their own gunners, and changes to the recoil system. As far as I can tell, the only change is in weapon sounds, and I can't say it's a big one. I was really looking forward to weapon resting and suppressive fire (and realistic sounds for suppressed weapons).

It was my understanding that version 1.40 would include weapon resting/bipods, the ability to use suppressive fire, a fix for mortars killing their own gunners, and changes to the recoil system. As far as I can tell, the only change is in weapon sounds, and I can't say it's a big one. I was really looking forward to weapon resting and suppressive fire (and realistic sounds for suppressed weapons).

It will be arriving with the Marksmen DLC, not the 1.40 update.

It will be arriving with the Marksmen DLC, not the 1.40 update.

Indeed. The recoil changes are scheduled for the 1.42 update. According to the BI WIKI several other additions are planned for v1.42 as well.

No matter what system, the icon thing is still a bitch to do. At least I don't have to do eight images per weapon that's the good thing.

Indeed, the Marksmen DLC could not come soon enough. That said things seem to be on the right track.

Well weapon resting is very nice, and doing a quick test shows that it seems to be already implemented and so I'm just seeing how the bipod resting function works so I can implement that and be done with it. Mag grouping may work overall for modders so we don't have to have something like JAM or whatnot, but again its depending on an agreed to heirarchy so I don't have to worry about configs and allow weapons to use other modders magazines in my weapons, etc.

Well weapon resting is very nice, and doing a quick test shows that it seems to be already implemented and so I'm just seeing how the bipod resting function works so I can implement that and be done with it. Mag grouping may work overall for modders so we don't have to have something like JAM or whatnot, but again its depending on an agreed to heirarchy so I don't have to worry about configs and allow weapons to use other modders magazines in my weapons, etc.

Yeah. Whilst we wont require a 'JAM type project' to define the magazines themselves, we (the community) will still need to agree upon a naming convention that can unify our magazines to make full use of the new config stuff.

Thanks for clearing that up, and thanks for the link to the wiki.

Someone mentiones JAM, then you check join date Apr 12 2002. Ahh yes :) *thumbs up*

I do love the new feature on the loading missions where it says "You're running modded game which may change the gameplay experience and cause errors". So to me Bohemia is telling me if i run mods it will break my game. By the way BIS i have never had problems with mods causing my game to crash but its the updates.

The other feature that should have been left out is the new sounds which are half done maybe should have put them in after they were 100% done and Rahim sounds like a pistol.