hazey

Insurgency | ALiVE - Official Release

Sometimes respawn is blocked with "respawn disabled" for my friend. Is that bug? Because that number is not stable - sometimes after 2 deaths, sometimes after 3...

Sounds like a BIS engine issue. Change via description.ext

from

respawnButton = 0;

to

respawnButton = 1;

Or just remove it all together.

Also since i play with debug...

After first suicide bomber (i almost shat my pants) game started to spam me with error log.

Undefined variable _victim

Points to fnc_createbomber, line 27.

Something in loop waitUntil {_bomber doMove getpostATL ...

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Also airdrop does not work.

Also since i play with debug...

After first suicide bomber (i almost shat my pants) game started to spam me with error log.

Undefined variable _victim

Points to fnc_createbomber, line 27.

Something in loop waitUntil {_bomber doMove getpostATL ...

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Also airdrop does not work.

These are issues with Alive and the suicide bombers have already been fixed.

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/76079

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/76080

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/76082

Thanks for the great release as usual! Having a blast with it! I'm having trouble adding the

"#include "ASORGS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "ASORGS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};"

to the description for the ASORG gear selector, I know its something on my end, waht am I doing wrong? lol

Oh man insurgency like in the old days with new graphics ;).

Didnt tried it yet but what i read makes me real happy.

Edited by Speedygonzales

the mission takes *really* long to load. once it does it says something about having 85 objectives, which is too much, as there should be under 80 objectives total. do I have to edit the mission to fix that?

the mission takes *really* long to load. once it does it says something about having 85 objectives, which is too much, as there should be under 80 objectives total. do I have to edit the mission to fix that?

Play at smaller map, not on altis at least. Coloring/mapping every zone with building on altis takes alot of CPU time, since there is _alot_ of buildings on altis.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Thank you for your work Hazey. I usually stuck playing one mission for a long time (like, 300 hrs of DUWS), and this seems to be another mission to play for weeks...

Alot of CQB

Requests:

Vehicle spawner (maybe limited without some overkill like arty / attack planes, mod supported also will be good). Current selection of vehicles is unsatisfying (not even HMG Hunter?), and doesn't really promotes "play it your way".

Of course, it's up to you :)

Play at smaller map, not on altis at least.

can't, only demo mission is available for Altis. as far as I understood, I'd have to manually edit position arrays in the mission.sqm for all entities

Play at smaller map, not on altis at least. Coloring/mapping every zone with building on altis takes alot of CPU time, since there is _alot_ of buildings on altis.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Thank you for your work Hazey. I usually stuck playing one mission for a long time (like, 300 hrs of DUWS), and this seems to be another mission to play for weeks...

Alot of CQB

Requests:

Vehicle spawner (maybe limited without some overkill like arty / attack planes, mod supported also will be good). Current selection of vehicles is unsatisfying (not even HMG Hunter?), and doesn't really promotes "play it your way".

Of course, it's up to you :)

Oh well, everything on there is actually just sort of like a template, I mean everyone changes around the base and such when they add their own mods to the server. Missions free game for groups to change and use for personal use. Don't like the default base? Change it up!

can't, only demo mission is available for Altis. as far as I understood, I'd have to manually edit position arrays in the mission.sqm for all entities

lol what? I really don't mean to be rude but that's probably the best thing I have heard all day. Included with the mission is also a un-pbo'd version of the mission. Feel free to change it to what ever island or world you wish. You don't have to manual edit anything in the misison.sqm however you'll have to change some settings in the modules and move the base to your new island.. The mission core scripts doesn't care what island you're on, it only cares if it has defined cities and house positions.

Edited by Hazey

Maybe you can do random base placement as an option? BIS_fnc_findSafePos does it's job pretty good...

Will make this version of insurgency map-agnostic

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Oh well, everything on there is actually just sort of like a template, I mean everyone changes around the base and such when they add their own mods to the server. Missions free game for groups to change and use for personal use. Don't like the default base? Change it up!

Well editing is always an option.

I mean, maybe you can do this in-mod? This mission is procedurally generated, so we have alot of ways to play it, not only CQB battles.

As an idea: spawn zone a bit outside base. You use that (currently) useless radio on bench, select vehicle and it spawns in that outside base zone.

Just an idea.

Do you need to merge the functions folder to use VAS/ASORG gear selector?

You do not need to merge anything, VAS and ASOR comes in separate folders. You need to describe them in description.ext and init.sqf, then attach to object (ammobox in our case)

I believe VAS is all self contained in 1 folder and should be okay. The only time it would ever cause an issue is if any of your scripts tried to overwrite the functions cfgfunctions.hpp.

Ok thanks guys! Its just whenever I put the

#include "ASORGS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

};

in the description, I start getting an already defined error

class CfgFunctions

{

};

If you already have

class CfgFunctions

{

};

Insude that file, do not add new class, just add

Inside existing class definition along with other lines

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Actual problem: Black Hawk placed on spawn zone doesn't have enough capacity to carry mobile HQ.

Actual problem: Black Hawk placed on spawn zone doesn't have enough capacity to carry mobile HQ.

The mobile HQ is actually WIP and will be changing all together in future versions. You'll bump into a bunch of edge cases where you might achieve weird behavior with it. It's the next core system to get some love.

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

class CfgFunctions

{

};

Sorry I guess I didn't understand what you were having issues with. Just put the includes that go into CfgFunctions with the already included bit. Example:

Description.ext Before

//--- CfgFunctions
class CfgFunctions{
#include "functions\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

Description.ext After

//--- General Includes

//--- CfgFunctions
class CfgFunctions{
};

That works perfectly thanks guys! Just about to play and give it a test :D Thanks for your amazing work as always hazey!

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

It seems theres a weird conflict somewhere, ASORG now comes up with the normal background and your visible character, but there arent any menus (like selecting weapons, magazines, etc).

That works perfectly thanks guys! Just about to play and give it a test :D Thanks for your amazing work as always hazey!

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

It seems theres a weird conflict somewhere, ASORG now comes up with the normal background and your visible character, but there arent any menus (like selecting weapons, magazines, etc).

You are most likely forgot to #include "ASORGS\menu.hpp".

Is it possible to disable Insurgent marker in the base ?

For example no marker inside the "noRED1" Blacklist marker.

Edited by Neodyn

I have

//--- CfgFunctions

class CfgFunctions{

#include "ATM_airdrop\dialog.hpp"

};

I have

//--- CfgFunctions

class CfgFunctions{

};

Just because its an include doesn't mean that it has to go into CfgFunctions. I don't use these scripts myself so I don't know exactly how they are init, however please see my example above. You need to go back and read the readme of those files and figure out which ones actually belong within those brackets and which ones belong just outside.

>#include "ASORGS\menu.hpp"

This goes outside CfgFunctions { } block

>#include "ATM_airdrop\dialog.hpp"

Can't recall, but this should probably also go outside CfgFunction.

Try to fix that like

class CfgFunctions {

};

Same applies to VAS, TAW_VD, CHVD, R3F Logistics and similar scripts... Try to at least read the README file, it describes what and where you should write...

Hi, good job with mission.

How to enable debug to mission making? to know where spawn caches or intel? Im making it in takistan with mods for our group.

Thanks!!!

Also accidentaly hit Y and discovered that ZEUS is enabled.

Bug?