Seems really nice but it fails to load on our dedicated server.. havent changed anything and it works in the editor.

This is all i get from the server rpt:

17:58:11

17:58:12 Global namespace not passed during: false

17:58:12 Global namespace not passed during: false

17:58:12 Error in expression <false>

17:58:12 Error position: <false>

17:58:12 Error Local variable in global space

Ive checked all the names and that is in global must be in the script somewhere it messes up.

Hey moss. Great work on your targets. I was wondering if you could tell me how to change your targets to pop-up targets and have them just register a hit on the target, instead of decreasing values farther from the center of the target? Im a complete noob at scripting and i have been trying to make heads or tails of your .sqfs but i just dont have the experience to figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Hey moss. Great work on your targets. I was wondering if you could tell me how to change your targets to pop-up targets and have them just register a hit on the target, instead of decreasing values farther from the center of the target? Im a complete noob at scripting and i have been trying to make heads or tails of your .sqfs but i just dont have the experience to figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

The scripts are currently only to be used with the score system that is implemented. There is no easy way of implementing falling targets using my scripts and if you knew how bad falling targets were in the game you wouldn't waste a second on them.

If I feel like it I will put it in, in the future.

Isn't there falling targets scripts on armaholic?

Well i found a script/init line that i can put that will keep the targets upright and not pop down when shot. And i love your range set up so much i want to try and get it working with the pop-ups(not popping up or down) to tally just hits on target and not the accuracy like your targets do. Pretty much the USMC B mod target. Thanks for the quick reply!

Oh the arsenal box. Yeah it's the same glitch as the BIS camera from the developer console.

When I implement the camera control on the sign, you will be able to just restart the cameras after using the arsenal box. This is a known problem.

Moss Targets is a excellent piece of work. I've made a range of my own based on your work. I'd really like to be able to use the virtual arsenal on the range. Are you still planning to add in camera control or reset option or have you moved on to other projects?

Either way. Thanks for your work.

Moss Targets is a excellent piece of work. I've made a range of my own based on your work. I'd really like to be able to use the virtual arsenal on the range. Are you still planning to add in camera control or reset option or have you moved on to other projects?

Either way. Thanks for your work.

I'm really busy so that's why it's slow. I'm a co-manager at an internet café so I don't feel like working with computers 8 hours a day and then come home to continue working. If people want me to github just holla.

The range cameras break because the camera used by the virtual ammobox and the spectator camera most likely uses the same camera names which is like cam01 or something. I had problems assigning the cameras because the wikipedia and documentation does not state what valid camera names are.

Has anyone been able to get this to work with the arsenal? I've been trying but can't seem to find the conflict >.<

Has anyone been able to get this to work with the arsenal? I've been trying but can't seem to find the conflict >.<

The conflict is the camera script. Just remove the big sign in front of the shooting pad.

The conflict is the camera script. Just remove the big sign in front of the shooting pad.

Yea - is there a way to "fix" / adjust the camera script to make it work though? The camera is really nice feature to have, especially for targets out to 1000m... Even more so when I am making a quals range for my unit.

Yea - is there a way to "fix" / adjust the camera script to make it work though? The camera is really nice feature to have, especially for targets out to 1000m... Even more so when I am making a quals range for my unit.

I managed to make some headway...

I looked at the BIS Bootcamp mission - it has camera monitors similar to this only for their obstacle course instead of the range. I tried placing a arsenal box, and it worked fine... So I unpbo'd the mission and started digging...

The primary difference is that they have the monitors set to only turn on when you go into a trigger zone.

I attempted to replicate this as a "trigger reset" for the lane you go on... It "sort of" worked... It turned the cameras from a black screen to just the untextured sign...

I put the trigger at the lane, and used the cameraInit.sqf function (as described at the top of this file).

Any idea as to how to proceed from here?

I am trying to put this on a dedicated server and I am literally copy and pasting the range and I keep getting

"Error: Make sure to sync all signs and targets to the logic in the editor."

Never removed any of the synchronizations or items. kept all the signs and ammoboxes and other things

I am trying to put this on a dedicated server and I am literally copy and pasting the range and I keep getting

Never removed any of the synchronizations or items. kept all the signs and ammoboxes and other things

Im pretty sure in the current state the range only works as a "join in progress" range.

The camera was the thing I had most problems with because the identifier variable name has limits that is not documented on the wiki. There's only a limited amount of cameras that can be used simultaneously when the arsenal camera takes over. I recently scripted the VAS box to use a camera like the one from Arsenal and I noticed that the range did not work with that camera either.

I managed to make some headway...

I looked at the BIS Bootcamp mission - it has camera monitors similar to this only for their obstacle course instead of the range. I tried placing a arsenal box, and it worked fine... So I unpbo'd the mission and started digging...

The primary difference is that they have the monitors set to only turn on when you go into a trigger zone.

I attempted to replicate this as a "trigger reset" for the lane you go on... It "sort of" worked... It turned the cameras from a black screen to just the untextured sign...

I put the trigger at the lane, and used the cameraInit.sqf function (as described at the top of this file).

Any idea as to how to proceed from here?

The ranges work much like classes so just reinitialize my script with the correct logic variable and it should work. I am not going to work on this script for a while.

It's a JIP thing where it only initializes for JIP players. This is a problem in the cfg Functions of the Description for specifically dedicated servers that BIS needs to fix. Otherwise the whole script will have to be rewritten into a typical script module. If you are the first player on the mission, just go out to the lobby then back in with persistent Battlefield activated. It should work.

The ranges work much like classes so just reinitialize my script with the correct logic variable and it should work. I am not going to work on this script for a while.

So I have to reinit the entire thing rather than just the camera script? Essentially redo the lane logic on a trigger?

So I have to reinit the entire thing rather than just the camera script? Essentially redo the lane logic on a trigger?

You need to pass the correct variables in order to use the camera function. Without the variables for the logic and the synchronized objects it won't trigger. Just dig through the files you'll see it.

You need to pass the correct variables in order to use the camera function. Without the variables for the logic and the synchronized objects it won't trigger. Just dig through the files you'll see it.

Probably going to say screw it until I can figure it out - I tried to do a trigger using the same logic scripting / var names as the game logic but no dice... Prob going to jsut put up a normal ammo box for qualifications haha.

Not sure if you will see this but it seems that when ever I try to put the script in my mission the boxes aren't filled with the ammo type. It works in editor but once I try using it on a dedi it just refuses to replace the ammo with the desired ammo type. I've double checked to make sure it isn't due to any other mods.

Not sure if you will see this but it seems that when ever I try to put the script in my mission the boxes aren't filled with the ammo type. It works in editor but once I try using it on a dedi it just refuses to replace the ammo with the desired ammo type. I've double checked to make sure it isn't due to any other mods.

As stated before, you need to be a JIP player in order to get all scripts to work properly on a dedicated server. I do not know why this happens and I don't have my desktop computer available right now to debug this error.

Also BIS forums decided to unsubscribe me from this thread so I didn't receive any notifications about the new posts.

My desktop computer is currently not available and all my work is on it. I don't know when it will be back, but I hope you guys are having a great time with the targets.

It has come to my attention that one clan has used my targets and broken the license. Here's a simple rule: If you're not the creator of something, don't lie and pretend that you are. The clan's "developer" (more like script kiddie) were asked by a friend of mine if he made the targets for their bootcamp missions and he lied ti him, straight in the face even though he knew I was the creator.

If your clan uses my targets without crediting me, just make a search for the string "Moss" or "Targets" in the mission.sqm or the folders of the pbo and private message me the details. And no, I'm not interested in suing people for this, I just want to see how they've implemented my script so that I can learn from their mistakes. You'll be amazed how people use scripts in missions the wrong way.

As soon as my computer comes back, I'll make some updates to the scripts and improve it based on the feedback.

Any updates on your computer? We are having an issue with the script loading whenever we restart the mission on the server.

It will pop as many script errors as there are lanes on mission restart when using #missions to select a new mission. Is there a way to fix this?

I got my computer back. I also put the project on Github.

I'll start working on some changes now to see if I can get Arsenal to work.

Question. I added a couple functions that allow me to move the target in 100m increments.

player addAction ["Move 100m Out","target1 setPos ([target1,100,14.881] call BIS_fnc_relPos)"];
player addAction ["Move 100m In","target1 setPos ([target1,100,194.881] call BIS_fnc_relPos)"];

It works as intended but the camera position on the second target is off.
SOBB6DB.jpg

I'm guessing that the initialization lines of the signs need to be reinitialized. 

Target Sign Initilazation Line:
this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 0]; this setvectorup [0,0,1];

PiP Sign:
this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, -1]; this setvectorup [0,0,1];

Maybe another player addaction for resetting the camera(s)?