evromalarkey

Chernarussian Defence Forces A3 - CDF_A3

Hey Evro, I think I've stumbled upon a bug. When using your addon with ALiVE, the CDF units consistently spawn with the NATO blufor uniforms, but they have the correct weapons and vehicles. I'm pretty experienced with using ALiVE and I'm sure this was not an error on my end.

A quick way to test this is to spawn the 2 required modules for ALiVE, (ALIVE, and Virtual AI system) then make an OPCOM with CDF_A3 faction override, then sync it to a custom objective (So you don't have to go searching for them), with the CDF_A3 on force faction. Set infantry count to any number greater than 0, (I put 50) finally spawn yourself right next to the objective, you should see NATO guys carrying around the HLC Aks etc...

Hopefully you can resolve this!

@5harp5hot hmm, that's weird. I made the CfgGroups exactly how it should be for ALiVE, don't know where could be the problem. Is it possible that the problem could be on ALiVE side? Did you tried another mods? Anyway, will try to look into this more, thanks for the report ;)

Yes, I actually found this bug when I was using it in one of my Alive missions with Russians (RHS), the other factions are fine afaik. But as for Alive being the issue I surely wouldn't rule that out. The next thing I will try is to disable all the addons that are not required and see if anything changes.

^^

I know I had issues with leightsopfor pack where your groups and his would merge together creating weird combinations but I haven't seen them with NATO uniforms yet.

After TKA_A3 release, I slightly altered dependencies. Now CUP Weapons are required by default, however our community and other people prefer HLC and RH weapons over some CUP weapons. So replacement config for HLC AKs and RH pistols is also available for download below. However CUP is still needed for some other weapons (SVD, Strela)!

Download:

GITHUB (113 MB)

Dependencies: (be aware, some of these mods have also dependencies)

@RHS_AFRF, @RDS_Tank, @CUP

Changelog:

Changed: CUP Weapons now required

Changed: HLC AKs are now as replacement config

Fixed: Wrong camo on BMP-2 variants

Additional replacement config for HLC and RH weapons: (Dep.: @HLCMODS_AK, @RH_Pistol)

GOOGLE DRIVE

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Evro, I think I've stumbled upon a bug. When using your addon with ALiVE, the CDF units consistently spawn with the NATO blufor uniforms, but they have the correct weapons and vehicles. I'm pretty experienced with using ALiVE and I'm sure this was not an error on my end.

A quick way to test this is to spawn the 2 required modules for ALiVE, (ALIVE, and Virtual AI system) then make an OPCOM with CDF_A3 faction override, then sync it to a custom objective (So you don't have to go searching for them), with the CDF_A3 on force faction. Set infantry count to any number greater than 0, (I put 50) finally spawn yourself right next to the objective, you should see NATO guys carrying around the HLC Aks etc...

Hopefully you can resolve this!

I've also encountered this bug, both with the CDF pack and the Takistan Army pack. ALiVE spawns the correct vehicles (and mechanized troops spawned in BTRs have the correct uniforms on) but all infantry units spawned in the world outside of vehicles have the correct weapons, but wear CSAT uniforms. Has any kind of solution been found for this yet? Is it possible that it is an issue with ALiVE? If you need additional information, I can provide screenshots.

have you thought about adding a sort of sub faction/milltia units to go with the cdf simlair to the one being formed in the Ukraine. With mixmatched gear and all the commerically bought uniforms etc ?

^ I quite agree with this, Azov Battalion would be something to go off of. Plus, having a Fascist neo-Nazi faction would go well seeing as the ChDKZ/Chedaki are Communist soldiers.

I've also encountered this bug, both with the CDF pack and the Takistan Army pack. ALiVE spawns the correct vehicles (and mechanized troops spawned in BTRs have the correct uniforms on) but all infantry units spawned in the world outside of vehicles have the correct weapons, but wear CSAT uniforms. Has any kind of solution been found for this yet? Is it possible that it is an issue with ALiVE? If you need additional information, I can provide screenshots.

Weird indeed, I tried quickly ALiVE with CQB modul and everything was fine. But will investigate more, some people has also similar problems and deleting cup_creatures_people_military_dummyinfantryset.pbo from CUP helped.

have you thought about adding a sort of sub faction/milltia units to go with the cdf simlair to the one being formed in the Ukraine. With mixmatched gear and all the commerically bought uniforms etc ?
^ I quite agree with this, Azov Battalion would be something to go off of. Plus, having a Fascist neo-Nazi faction would go well seeing as the ChDKZ/Chedaki are Communist soldiers.

We want to add NAPA eventually and maybe also ChDKZ. But we want to do it exactly how it was in Arma 2.

But we want to do it exactly how it was in Arma 2.

Yes, please!

Given your success on this front has there been any talk within CUP about deferring the massive character conversion task? Seems to me it would be better to focus on porting vehicles (at least for now).

@Defunkt

Well I hope that the infantry will be the last, because now the main focus should be on vehicles - you can't do factions without vehicles. Anyway I hope, when the CUP vehicles are done that some of the stuff from CDF_A3 and TKA_A3 could be included into CUP.

Btw, update for CDF_A3 will come later this week and after this update the CDF faction will be complete as it was in A2. That includes - BRDM-2, BRDM-2 (ATGM), UAZ (DShKM), UAZ (AGS-30), Ural (ZU-23), Ural (Repair), Ural (Ammo). All these vehicles will be later used for our ASCZ CAF AG Replacement Config for NAPA and ChDKZ and also for TKA_A3.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

After this release the CDF faction is complete as it was in Arma 2, no missing vehicles this time. All vehicles were ported with A3 standarts, that means everything you are used to from RHS UAZs and Urals. And here I want to thank RHS team and Reyhard for sharing some of theirs A2 ports with CUP. Also big thanks to RHS team and Gurdy for sharing theirs BMD-2 and BTR-70 textures!

Download:

GITHUB (149 MB)

Dependencies: (be aware, some of these mods have also dependencies)

@RHS_AFRF, @RDS_Tank, @CUP

Changelog:

Added: BRDM-2, BRDM-2 (ATGM), BRDM-2 (HQ)

Added: UAZ (DShKM), UAZ (AGS-30), UAZ (SPG-9)

Added: Ural (ZU-23), Ural (Repair), Ural (Ammo), Ural (Empty)

Added: BMD-2, BTR-70

IMAGES - using All In Arma Terrain Pack

[table=width: 1200]

[tr]

[td]YNNkzlE.jpg[/td]

[td]PODnJbq.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]ABdXYm6.jpg[/td]

[td]U9gFQl4.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]jrFFFFe.jpg[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Edited by EvroMalarkey

EvroMalarkey, awesome, thank you for bmd-2 and btr-70. Great mod, can't wait for another arma 2 factions.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great mod! Exactly what I needed.

One thing though is the CDF soldiers speak in a US accent

^ I have the same issue, with any faction that speaks a new language besides the defaults. I'm assuming it's a mod issue on our end, but I can't narrow it down myself haha.

Hi, I using HLC weapons and CDF not have a weapons and HLC weapons is supporting in this mod, or no? Thx and sorry for my English.