Sign in to follow this  
L3TUC3

attachTo static weapons animation problem

For one of my missions I'm trying to create a slap-dash mobile AT platform by attaching a static Titan AT launcher in the cargo bed of a 4x4 offroad, and it looks and functions admirably with one big problem:

2015-01-25_00001_zps23135074.jpg

The proper animation doesn't seem to be set when the gunner enters the static AT, which is a big no-no for using this. Does anyone know why this happens and if it can be solved? If I remember correctly this wasn't a problem before, at least not in A2.

It doesn't happen in A2 and I'm pretty sure it's a recent bug. It happens when the static weapon is attached to any object not just physx.

This needs to be reported as a bug as you now can't attach a static weapon and have the correct animation.

There is a poor work around and that would be to use a getin eventhandler to detach the object move in the unit and then reattach the weapon.

placed in the static weapon init

this attachto [car,[0,-2.3,0.5]];this addEventHandler ["getin",{null=_this spawn {detach (_this select 0);sleep 0.1;(_this select 2) moveInGunner (_this select 0);(_this select 0) attachto [car,[0,-2.3,0.3]]};}]

I had this same problem when building a mission for my group awhile ago and ended up just ditching the idea.

I was trying to place Opfor static weapons in a hillside valley on some sloped terrain. As well as attaching weapons to the front of bunkers.

As you can imagine non of the static weapons would stay upright. In particular a couple launchers I were using were basically unusable on anything but completely flat ground.

After asking around on the mod creators thread they told me to use the attachto command on something small like a piece of wood or board that would serve as the weapon base.

This however caused all kinds of animation problems so I ended up ditching the idea.

Thanks for your time and attention everyone. Using the getin and getout EHs to unattach/attach rapidly works but I'm fearful of multiplayer oddities (two objects in close proximity + desync = arma'd).

I'll continue to monitor the problem

Yes also I found if you kill units they don't fall out of the weapon.

I also posted a ticket as I couldn't find one. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22579

Feel free to use my picture for your ticket if you'd like.

Yea I don't use MP so I didn't think about that and how it would work.

I've added your picture but I'm not holding my breath it will be fixed any time soon.

On Antistasi you may find a working script for AI. Only thing I see is problems in MP for AI mortar firing. My suggestion is to use a truck instead of an Offroad.