barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

That kind of thing can be done with the general game settings, why have something to fine tune it in mission?

you can do that only if you host localy or in SP. On a server the terrain settings cannot be changed... thats why a lot of mission makers of other CTI missions always included visibility and terrain details in the mission via script... or parameters at the beginning of the mission. :)

It would be good to set view distance for infantry and different for pilot, so while spawn distance for infantry is probably fine pilot could have settings based on weather.

For the grass I recommend the mod that cut the grass by half. You keep the grass but you can know see those freaking AIs :)

Btw, grass is a part of the game, thats why you need to take height advantage etc...

I agree with harmdhast, grass is a good tactical addition, and I really doubt it's config is server sided, if you have performance issues, just disable it on your settings.

Having different viewdistances for pilots or inf cannot be done here, as this is a mission which covers all the island, and to do so there is a spawn system based on a spawn distance setting.

So it is not really an addition, as units won't be drawn far from the spawn distance, as there are no units. No performance gain.

I apoligize to have to keep asking this question but I just can't seem to understand how Support works:

1. I call CAS and I get a Plane, no choices like normal Arma 3 Support and the 0-8 does not work but HC does and I can Set Destination Waypoint. Is this normal?

2. I call Arti Support and nothing happens, again I do not get the normal Arma 3 Support process and HC shows them at the Base but I can't seem to call in anything? How does this work?

3. I assume your still working on the HC "Sleep 8 Hours Issue" as the last update did not fix it?

Thanks,

Vengeance

Check the changelog in steam :)

EDIT: I found the HC error this evening, on next update.

• Like 1

Hi, barbolani.
One more issue.

Our today's three hour session of very successful and difficult attack on central airport compound was wasted because of Petros burning in the campfire. This is the second time this happening to us. We've decided to put off the fire at each game start, but today we have forgotten this ritual) There is a slight incline toward the fire in our current base location.

My suggestions are: put off the fire by default ( but it will be more diffucult to spot the base), disable damage for this particular campfire (if it is possible), save fire state persistently, increase the distance between Petros and fire and put something between them.

• Like 1

You mean Petros may die due to fire damage ? I would say that's impossible.... How are you sure he didn't die by any AAF patrol / heli / arty???

Hi, barbolani.

One more issue.

Our today's three hour session of very successful and difficult attack on central airport compound was wasted because of Petros burning in the campfire. This is the second time this happening to us. We've decided to put off the fire at each game start, but today we have forgotten this ritual) There is a slight incline toward the fire in our current base location.

My suggestions are: put off the fire by default ( but it will be more diffucult to spot the base), disable damage for this particular campfire (if it is possible), save fire state persistently, increase the distance between Petros and fire and put something between them.

Agree, I have seen the character move if you come too close to him and bump him, the first thing I do is "put out fire" I would like to suggest you consider a camp table with a computer or 

Satellite phone.

Hey.

I have a new idea for the save system. Why not add the possibility to allow external saving with a MySQL database for exemple. Or iniDB. Because it can be very tricky on linux with the profile saves especially with Arma hosters (nitrado, villayer, pulseheberg).

I'm still looking for a fix with these hosting services. I will tell you more once I find out.

Barbolani, once I was on the base, when this happened. As for the second time, I'm not really sure. But it is not very difficult to make it really impossible, right?

It is not even the most impossible Petros death in our playtime) Once an enemy helicopter had landed directly on our capmfire. It did not explode, and Petros even killed the pilots. But in about 10 minutes the heli had exploded because of fire damage)

I bumbed Petros in to the fire by mistake with a car once :)

@Barbolani: Just a small thing. I did a fast travel to the resources just north of Charika at 155183 and ended up inside a container. Only way out was respawn. It would be good if you could adjust the spawn position a bit. And thanks for the update. Thumbs up :)

One question guys... 

How do we get down the numbers for Unlock asset count requirements in the arsenal?

We did have 2 factories but no power... the numbers for the Arsenal kept going high.. its now at 29 weapons i.e.... now we have powerplants two factories (powered) one seaport... but the numbers won't get down at all? Do we miss anything?

or is it setup that ... the more you unlock the higher the numbers go?

thx

@mike: The numbers will raise, allways, factories will make things a bit easier, but just giving a -1 in the case of weapons.

@steel rat: will check that.

About the campfire: any light source is a must, as there is no NV and a dark night makes things very difficult.

Will try to put a solution for this.

@harmdhast:

It's an interesting topic around persistent save and DB what a player said here:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/378941393/611696927932410546/#p35

Despite I know nothing about how to implement a mySQL, less in Arma, the support problems it may cause maybe is more than the solutions will provide. What do you think?

• Like 1

It was just an idea but yeah obviously you need to focus on other things right know.

It's not that difficult, I can design a database along with the queries. You will need to use/detect extDB2. It may be a cool feature for the next version though.

List of issues:

There is no Outpost @ Panochori up in the eastern hills.. Been given mission to take it out a couple of times and it's not there. Probably the reason Panochori won't come over to FIA.

MY troops stop using radio or even voices after I use the arsenal to load up gear for myself. This may have started after getting radios in the arsenal.

When I try to initiate sleep it says  everyone has to be within a 100mts from camp but we are all here around the camp fire. I dispersed squads and still get the same reply. It says this even after restarting when it's just me and Petros. This may have started after headquarters move to base.

May I suggest carrier relocation to support the location that is chosen at startup. ie. If I choose to start on other side of island then NATO support will never make the journey across hostile territory.

Oh yes, there is, look at Tafos peek, I've been there a lot of times... If nothing spawned for you you may be bugged.

Same with radios.

About the sleep thing, yes a known bug, will be solved on next patch.

About carrier placement, the idea is, when you select a spot far from nato, you will know you won't have any support from them, at least on the begining.

Hi, could anyone help me with something id like to change, we have this mission on our dedicated server and we are loving it, but we would like to change OPFOR CSAT to OPFOR Russian federation, that we have downloaded from the RHS escalation, i presume the untis spawn dynamically, so could anyone tell me where i would tell the mission to use russian forces instead of CSAT, its not a major change to anything, we would just like russian forces using Aks to fight against, if this is a big ask then no worries, but thought i would at least check if this was something i could do.

Hi, could anyone help me with something id like to change, we have this mission on our dedicated server and we are loving it, but we would like to change OPFOR CSAT to OPFOR Russian federation, that we have downloaded from the RHS escalation, i presume the untis spawn dynamically, so could anyone tell me where i would tell the mission to use russian forces instead of CSAT, its not a major change to anything, we would just like russian forces using Aks to fight against, if this is a big ask then no worries, but thought i would at least check if this was something i could do.

For now the mission is not designed for this kind of thing and you will mess up the whole mission. Wait for the next updates, this feature is on the ToDo List ;)

EDIT : You have an array with the soldiers classnames in initVar.sqf. As I said this feature is not 100% supported and you may mess up the mission

@Barbolani

When I load the ammobox to an ordinary civil lorry and move the HQ and then sets up the base again, after that it is not possible to put stuff to the lorrys

inventory. The inventory showes "red" when I try to drag things there. No big deal, I just can grab another car from the garage. But something to look into.

I tried to reproduce that with no success. Engine failure, I suppose.

Thanks for the update!

Great with the manual, good for you to have supporters like that  :)

Hi barbolani, I'm trying this mission now. The scope and setting are impressive so far :)

I encountered a script error in "Municion\transfer.sqf"

//line 10
_objetos = nearestObjects [_camion, ["ReammoBox_F"], 20];

_caja = _objetos select 0;

If there is no ammo box nearby, the script throws an error as _objectos == []. You need add a check to see if anything gets returned by nearestObjects, and handle an empty array situation.

I'm also getting a persistent debug hint such as:

[[3875.82,11530.1,0.834684],"B_G_officer_F",WEST,600000,comandante,12.4769]
I believe these are created by line 86 in CREATE\AAFroadPatrol.sqf

And a couple of zero error divisor bugs in UPS scripts:

15:04:13 Error in expression <foreach _enies;
_ratio = _pointsenies/_pointsallies;
_result = [_ratio,_enic>
15:04:13   Error position: </_pointsallies;
_result = [_ratio,_enic>
15:04:13   Error Zero divisor
15:04:13 File steam\__cur_sp.Altis\Scripts\UPSMON\COMMON\target\fnc\UPSMON_Checkratio.sqf, line 251
15:04:13 Error in expression <UPSMON_<null>_RETREAT>
15:04:13   Error position: <UPSMON_<null>_RETREAT>
15:04:13   Error >: Undefined variable in expression: upsmon_
15:04:13 Error in expression <(_grp getvariable ["UPSMON_Origin",[]]) select 5]))) then
{
[_grp,_attackpos,_ty>
15:04:13   Error position: <select 5]))) then
{
[_grp,_attackpos,_ty>
15:04:13   Error Zero divisor
15:04:13 File steam\__cur_sp.Altis\Scripts\UPSMON\COMMON\Group\fnc\UPSMON_IsRetreating.sqf, line 26