barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

what would be cool if you have to find food and water like in dayZ so you have to eat and drink 

what would be cool if you have to find food and water like in dayZ so you have to eat and drink

I don't think so. It is a CTI mission not survival mission. And I think it's difficult enough to add this kind of things. If you want to play DayZ. Do so.

I could script also other needs like going to the WC :)

Well, I think it would make the players loose the focus on the important things.

• Like 2

I could script also other needs like going to the WC :)

Well, I think it would make the players loose the focus on the important things.

just an idea that all

Hi again :)

Three things:

1. Got the mission "Destroy air". I went to the place but it was nothing there, except the marker. Ok, I blow up one satchel in case something "invisible was there", but no effect. Then I went home again. According to map, the rescue team was like 600-700 meters away.

2. From nr 1. Took fast travel back home but ended up 200-300 m. away from base on a road. I have used the Fast travel before but a couple of times it "miss" the base and put me on the nearest road.

3. Sometimes the enemy AI patrols in the cities bunch up around the city marker, the cross on the map, and don't move. Last time I saw it I observed a group of 6 men for like 5-6 minutes and they just stood there. Seen that a couple of times. Maybe a glitch in the script?

Best regards

Steel rat

Hi!

At first sight, it seems no bugs around: The chopper may have been recovered, the fast travel teleports you on the nearest road to the point you selected if you are in a vehicle, if the road is at 300 mts... and well, let's hope that city patrol in the center was just a coincidence..

Hi there,

My group's been playing this mission and we're enjoying it quite a bit.

One request though: we're frequently getting decreasing FPS, which garbage clean does fix. However, it's a hassle for the commander to get back to HQ to use the function on the map board. Is it possible for garbage clean to be moved to the Y-key menu for convenience's sake? Thanks.

Hello!

That command is not intended to be used frequently by the player, same as others that are placed in the HQ Map. Indeed it only removes bodies and trash lef by players so it shouldn't be a great addition performance wise.

If you are struggling to keep good fps and this is helping my advice is to check other mission config params, as spawn distance, civ spawn rate etc.. and lower it. This will make much more for your fps than garabage cleaning from time to time.

Hi barbolani,

First off - I would just like to say that you have done a fantastic job with this mission, it is a great addition to anyone's game.

I did however notice that some features of the ACE mod seem to be disabled? The latest version of the mod (V3.4.2) allows users to open an interaction menu by pressing the Left Windows Key; however this feature does not work while in the Antistasi mission with other players.

I had the ACE, Community Based Addons and RHSAFRF mods enabled; while my friend on the server had only ACE, Community Based Addons - however we both experienced this issue.

I thought that may be because of some mod related issue, but loading up the editor onto an empty map and spawning a single unit allows me to access the interaction menu. 

This got me thinking that the problem could be one of two things, either the mission pbo does not support the latest version of ACE, or ACE parameters have been changed within the pbo.

Any input on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

As always, keep up the amazing level of work!

Hi!

Very strange.

Antistasi interaction with ACE is limited to disable my revive and adding some ACE equipment to the arsenal. Nothing more. Indeed the mission does not check ACE version as it is indifferent for it.

Try to test in a "cleaner" environment (no RHS, all players with the same setup)

I have been playing this mission for weeks now.  Very well done, I have noticed a few things that I wonder if can be changed when saved and Server restart.

1. Is HC asset investments saved on a Server restart

2. Garrison, do they get saved? 

3. Sometimes if I have static weapons like Mortar near flag and it is not saved on Server restart

4. If I put Mortar in Vehicle Garage it sometimes does not come back, random

5. I had a stolen boat near my HQ, came back and it was gone, I had taken it out of my Vehicle Garage?

Anyway, a very challenging mission, still have not quite figured out how to keep all that I gain.

Vengeance

Hi!

1. yes

2. yes

3. It should work.

4. Same.

5. Not really sure, will check that

So my group are loving this mission. We are not very good, maybe about 18 hours in and we probably have <10% of the map but its been fun!

I encountered one issues, not sure if this is known already (it may be). As commander, i deploy a roadblock or OP. Using high command, I then take control of the unit. If found that I am in control of the unit at the point they reach their waypoint (being the location of the Roadblock or OP), it causes my ArmA3 client to lock up. I am running the latest version, and I have a few simple client side mods installed. Happy to provide RTP if this is not a known issue.

Feature request: A nominate other commander button.

When we played with commander switching on, sometimes a player in our group would be promoted to commander, but would not know what to do. They wanted to be able to pass the commander role to another player. So it would be nice if The commander could abdicate the role and nominate another player to be the commander (maybe by looking at them, like the give money function).

Final question - what type of mission is the Bank Robbery - Logistics?

My thanks again for making this outstanding mission!

Hello!

About the issue, it was known and solved but now I checked it and I solved it only for SP. Next patch will have an MP compatible solution.

Yes, some kind of feature to be able to refuse to be commander is on roadmap.

Bank robbery: Only happen near Kavala or Pyrgos, and while give an important economy boos, damages FIA prestige in the town.

barbolani,

Is it possible that you could change the Garage so that when you take a Boat out it is in the water provided your near water?  Pushing it back into the water with a truck takes forever.

Thanks,

Vengeance

Problems:
Ace does not work when Antistasi run on dedicated server. So I am playing on local system and everything ACE3 seems fine until The other day one of my guys went down badly wounded, I patched him up yet he continued to lay there. He had lost a lot of blood and medic didn't want anything to do with him and I could not figure out how to give him blood or plasma. Picked him up and carried him to truck but when I put him in truck he stood up and left the team and just stood their. I know ACE is not your thing but just mentioning in case someone else here knows something.

The Traitor missions need to be dialed back. They are coming way to frequently. I do a traitor mission then another mission and it's time to do another traitor mission. What gives? Traitor mission should be once in awhile unless your killing civs or other nefarious deeds.

Turning prisoners to FIA, whats that do? I have not verified this but I think my HR went from 5 to 3 after turning one once, but then turned another and nothing happened ???. I have tried this a few more times and nothing is happening to HR, disregard.
When troops surrender I have a lot of problems collecting their weapon caches. See WLA for scripts to gather weapons, That one works awesome and not so time consuming and can gather from dead soldiers without having to run around everywhere.

Never start Antistasi at night. I had it start at night and I did a supply delivery and it was delivered in the middle of nowhere and so had to run through the dark in the middle of nowhere. That sucked ended up restarting. Set options or just start at dawn to give a full days work before nightfall.

Ease up the restrictions on resting. Kept telling me that too close to enemy when everyone was at base. That was a standard start position and another mission started near dusk.
Will I be faced with same base location restrictions if I try to move the base as compared to initial base setup? Please let me decide.

Ease up on the all things spawning at base. Got killed in middle of fight and sent back to base but could not spawn vehicles to get me back to the fight. Kept saying enemies too close to my group.

Totally addicted to this scenario great job. I have lost three times now and it really pss me off but still trying.
Last night I made a breakout from the standard base position after finally getting a feel for the counter attacks. Hint: Bring plenty of AA, AT and troops.

Traitor missions and bank robberies can have negative effect. Anything else I should know and is this documented somewhere? I have watched the videos which are very informative. Awesome. Keep up the great work!

Hi!

@vengeance: Better: don't use the garage on boats. Just place your HQ flag near the sea and park the boat there.

@hellfire21: In order of appereance:

- Probably ACE issue, I don't have scripted anything special regarding those topics.

- Missions are random from a pool of possible missions. Maybe you have been unlucky. Maybe your base position + zones ownership makes Assasination missions the only possible ones. If no base near, then is a kill the Traitor.

- They join FIA. After some time, if they are still alive, you will have +1 HR bonus.

- You can collect them with a truck.

- You could have rested.

- Resting needs no enemy closer than 500 mts from any player controlable unit (HC squads etc..) which is IMHO not very restrictive. I wanted to avoid resting while some units could be under fire.

- Same for recruiting/buying. 500 mts from the flag. An AI sniper can shot you from that distance.

Bank robberies have negative impact on prestige when succeeded. The rest of the missions have negative impact when failed or just ignored.

Hello!

About the issue, it was known and solved but now I checked it and I solved it only for SP. Next patch will have an MP compatible solution.

Yes, some kind of feature to be able to refuse to be commander is on roadmap.

Bank robbery: Only happen near Kavala or Pyrgos, and while give an important economy boos, damages FIA prestige in the town.

do you have a timeline for the next update?

Currently is being tested by the community, as it has the HC support and I don't have one. As soon as I gather all the repoorts and everything is ok, I will publish

• Like 1

Question:

Why is it that NATO is so weak when they own a Airport or Base?  I mean when the enemy comes to take a Base back as they have no AA Soldiers, of course the Enemy always has AA, so when you order a NATO Attack they simple shoot down all the Helo, game over? 

Thanks, great mission, hours of fun.

Vengeance

Type of soldiers are more or less the same than AAF, so the difference is not in the bases, but in the surroundings instead.

Hmm, well seems a little unbalanced but ok.  Have you seen where you Recruit a HC Team, Use AI-Temp Control and when you "Return to AI" they are no longer in HC, they are in game but you cannot control them?

Thanks,

Vengeance

No, that does not happen to me. There is a bug report section in steam forums on which you can see the info I need to study the case and work on it.

Is there any way to remove dependencies from the save game, like removing every rhs mentions in them? I found out that the RHS RPG deals less to no damage to vanilla Arma 3 Vehicles, so all my RPG units are now useless against the enemy.