barbolani

[SP/CO8] A 3 - Antistasi Altis.

I'm seeing some issues with moving the HQ... it allows you to move the HQ but not access many of the features.

We moved our HQ to the castle (Kastro) outside of Kavala. Since then we have been unable to access the garage or other features due to "hostiles" being in the area... which there are none in the immediate area.

It should not allow you to place your HQ in a hostile area that will disable it.

Talven81 - 8th Combat Squadron

Thanks Talven but I'm afraid some players will also post here asking why they cannot place their HQ wherever they want no maytter if they will be able to recruit or not.

Believe me, there are hostiles, you may not see them, but there are.

I would agree with you but a message saying "You cannot place your HQ here, there are hostiles nearby" would be sufficient for letting them know they need to clear the area first. I'm thinking the detection radius of the hostiles may be too big.

20 members of the 8th CS cleared the area, server restarts, everything and there were still issues.

What is the range of the detection if there are still hostiles in the area?

I would agree with you but a message saying "You cannot place your HQ here, there are hostiles nearby" would be sufficient for letting them know they need to clear the area first. I'm thinking the detection radius of the hostiles may be too big.

20 members of the 8th CS cleared the area, server restarts, everything and there were still issues.

What is the range of the detection if there are still hostiles in the area?

Yeah but you need to be at close range from hostiles to have acces to some missions and yeah, sometimes its too close to an enemy (Its 1.2km radius)

No, it's 500 mts, which in Arma is very close... Standard spawn distance (1.2Kmts) is for other kind of checks. 500 mts typically applies to buying units, fast travel checks etc..

If after server restart you have this message, it sounds like you have a roadblock or observation post around (not marked in the map)

Is the amount of enemy infantry and vehicles fixed? I mean, let's say we start the mission and AAF has 50 tanks. Can we expect to last only 30 in the whole island if we blew up 20 of them?

It's totally dynamic.

When you start the game AAF has 0 tanks, as long as the game progress, if they have enough money, they will buy some.

And of course, destroying them will reduce the total number.

Antistasi aims for an economic simulation, so player takes advantage just for destroying assets no matter if you gain terrain or not.

Question: When you take a power plant, what do you need to power cities in your control?  Do you need to garrison troops at the plant in order to provide power for those villages it connects to?  We have several power plants under our control, but the cities down line of them are not receiving power.

Each city has power supply from the nearest power plant, criteria is distance. If the city is not receiving power and both are yours maybe it's because it is considered "Destroyed". Check the game tutorials for additional info.

What a great mission I must say, after playing for 6 hours I learned clearly about putting your Base Camp far away from enemy travel and had to start over. 

My question is:

1. Is game balanced for # of players or AI + Players?  (It seems after taking a Power Plant "All Hell Rained Down on me" and there is no way I could have held it)

2. Is there a difference in balance when playing solo on a Dedi Server vs Local Server?

3. Why do you respawn with no weapons?  Is this by Design?

4. Why no Planes? Enemy or otherwise?

5. I called in a NATO strike, it accepted it but then later said "Failed" is that normal?

6. I have a High Power Dedi Server (i7-980) and at one time FPS went to 6 after 5 hours of playing, is that normal?

Great Mission, frustrating at times but great mission.

Vengeance

I think when games are "frustrating at times" is when the challenge begins :)

In order:

1. No. I aim for realism, what you can do is spend money to hire troops, garrisons etc.. so numbers are equal, with enough resources, of course.

2. No.

3. Yes. Logistics and weapon scavenging is vital in this mission, so there must be a penalty in that sense if you die.

4. The AAF will purchase planes eventually. You are guerrilla, you may hijack them.

5. No. Don't know why, maybe it got shot down. Remember the island is alive, no matter if the plane is out of your AO, it may get shot down if surrounded by static defenses, enemies, other planes etc..

6. Maybe you had too much spawned AI, maybe some bug flooded your server. Send me your .rpt and I will check it out.

Really loving the mission Barbolani, my group played about 9 hours over the last 3 days.

1. We had an issue with the virtual arsenal - we had just got a few decent weapons sorted out, MX200's for everyone! Then the next time we loaded, the virtual arsenal had reset to default state (PDWs only), and we had lost all of our weapons. The gear in the ammo crate inventory was unaffected - any idea what can cause this? This was playing with No server mods, just local stuff like Dragonfyre Lite etc.
  2. Saving. Players can make a personal Save, the commander can make a persistent save - is it possible for the commander to make a personal save as well, or does the persistent save cover their rank etc?
  3. Weapons adding to the virtual Arsenal. If I have 9x Vanilla Mk 20 rifles, and one Mk20 with a scope, does that still count at 10x Mk20 rifles? The one with the scope is listed as being a separate item when you look at the inventory. 

Hi!

1. The last version should solve any of this kind of issues. Can you confirm which version you used?

2. Yes, commander saves are personal + server.

3. Yes, it counts the weapon no matter the versions are in.

• Like 1

Antistasi aims for an economic simulation, so player takes advantage just for destroying assets no matter if you gain terrain or not.

That was my point, if there was any sense in just wearing the enemy while not conquering any terrain. Thanks.

Hello, I have a problem or a bug.

When my character dies in the game and re-spawns, I can not sprint or change my running pace anymore no matter what I do. Is there a way to fix this?

I have not updated my game for some time due to the size of updates. My data plan does not allow it. Could the game version be the fault?

OK, we're still having issues with power.  Is power to a zone dependent on the support for FIA that the zone has?  We have multiple cities with low FIA support, but we own the power supply closest to them, that are still not receiving power.

We did have places without power start to receive them yesterday though.... so I don't know what's going on with power supply.
None of the zones are showing as destroyed because we tried to rebuild assets at each one and not a single place let us.

Anyone playing know hte secret to restoring power to cities cut off by AFF?

OK, we're still having issues with power.  Is power to a zone dependent on the support for FIA that the zone has?  We have multiple cities with low FIA support, but we own the power supply closest to them, that are still not receiving power.

We did have places without power start to receive them yesterday though.... so I don't know what's going on with power supply.

None of the zones are showing as destroyed because we tried to rebuild assets at each one and not a single place let us.

Anyone playing know hte secret to restoring power to cities cut off by AFF?

Remember that the mission is still Alpha and may contain bugs. If you assume this is a bug send us your logs .rpt (client located C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Arma 3).

I'm trying to help barbolani but I'm not friendly with the mission and I'm not in barbolani's head. I gave him the idea for putting the project on github where there are nice wiki and issues management.

Let's wait for his answer :)

_harmdhast

Found it !

In Multiplayer servers the "antenas" variable is only defined server side and then cannot be called client side when clicking on the map.

But don't worry, it should be powered. I will talk to barbolani about this.

// I fixed it on my side by publishing the variable to the clients.

Awesome!

You are the man Harm!

Edit:  I assume a 2 GB RPT file is not a good thing.   We had a bunch of guys on last night doing a bunch of stuff, including an abortive attack on the main airfield with a NATO attack.

So, I'm downloading the RPT file and, while I have no clue what to look for, I can provide it on Drop Box if you guys want to look it over. 

2GB of text should make for a crazy report file.

Hi!

1. The last version should solve any of this kind of issues. Can you confirm which version you used?

2. Yes, commander saves are personal + server.

3. Yes, it counts the weapon no matter the versions are in.

I am running 0.17.9 Alpha, is that the latest?

Edit: No. Have upgraded to latest version.

I am running 0.17.9 Alpha, is that the latest?

0.17.11 Alpha  :).

EDIT : I'm always in the past, lastest is 0.17.12 Alpha

Awesome!

You are the man Harm!

Edit:  I assume a 2 GB RPT file is not a good thing.   We had a bunch of guys on last night doing a bunch of stuff, including an abortive attack on the main airfield with a NATO attack.

So, I'm downloading the RPT file and, while I have no clue what to look for, I can provide it on Drop Box if you guys want to look it over. 

2GB of text should make for a crazy report file.

Thanks but I think I will not need the logs as I know where the bug is located.

Btw, you should have many errors to get a 2GB RPT. I hope you are running your server on a SSD or you may suffer of critical performance drops. (you can also disable logging).

So I took a Vanilla mission (Because I modified a few things in mine with personal scripts like a loot all near 30m function that I'm really proud of) and I fixed it.

See.

ceb8b55d6a.jpg

Here is the fixed .pbo until another release comes out : https://mega.nz/#!JMISyCZQ!klQpRCVwSOLtgqZBfOV9O9HtltehZvPdLufzNtH6p1c

Does that also fix the issue with towns not showing as powered even though we control all the closest power plants?

Does that also fix the issue with towns not showing as powered even though we control all the closest power plants?

No sorry, I did not went into that bug. I will take a look tomorrow or maybe barbolani will.

_harmdhast

Hi!

Lots of daytime job!!!

Ok, to clarify if there is bug or not (2GB .rpt sounds like "yes")

Owner of the powerplant cuts off power supply of it's respective cities if they support enemy faction.

So, you say support but you don't talk about ownership.

If you own a city, and it's nearest powerplant is in your hands, then, there is a bug.

If you don't own a city (despite you have good support, is less than AAF) and you own the nearest powerplant, then the city won't be powered.

Now Ill take a look on what harmdhast says.