cleggy

British Ridgback PPV

I don't think he was resting but he was definitely firing, tested it myself afterwards and its not as accurate as if you were lying on the ground and it doesn't deploy even with weapon resting mod installed but still look awesome either way :)

Hey cleggy, i have a guy that really really really wants to make the masitff for arma 3 but does not have the time to put into making the it from scratch. Is there any chance you could help us by sending us a 3ds max file or a blender file? I know this is a major ask because it is your work but it would be really appreciated if you could. Also there is a bulldog that you made for arma 2 is there any chance you will allow us to port it to arma 3? If you could possible get back to us that would be amazing! Anyway thanks for this ridgeback addon my community is loving it so far! :D

Hey cleggy, i have a guy that really really really wants to make the masitff for arma 3

Who is this madman?:)

The Mastiff has more bar armour than the Ridgback and that nearly drove me insane!

I have no objection to releasing the source files - it's just that I've already had a request like this

from a well known, much loved and deeply respected bunch of layabouts so there's a bit of a queue forming...

I'm just a bit concerned we'll end up with multiple versions all over the shop like the Jackals...

or do we not see that as a problem?

Yep, I see it as a problem. Imo reskins are fine but releases need to be adding functionality and quality. Not just pumping the same model out again with a slightly different texture.

It's frustrating for us as a unit to see other uk kit getting repeated everywhere. It would be so much better to collaborate.

We have an upgraded jackal and coyote coming soon, we've been working steadily on them since before Christmas.

Our original preference was really just to fix mods I.e. aplions and then back fill I.e. have six just use the corrected files.

Because we can't do that it means all these different versions popping up. All slightly different. Some of better quality than others.

This is where cup came from... trouble is they have so much on their plate it's practically an impossible task.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Greetings!

I've been tweaking and I've been twerking so

the first post has been updated with a link to version 3 of the ridgback.

Main change is the addition of a woodland variant for all those who want to

be seen to be green.:)

cheers!

green.jpg

Thanks for the replies, gents. Much appreciated.

I forgot to mention that I've adjusted the damage handling values,

so would appreciate any feedback on how that plays out at your end.

I have tested it myself of course, but you can only drive into so many IEDs

before it becomes REALLY boring ....:p

Thank you very much for sending us the newest release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Looks really nice!

7832565784_b2f6cf35d7_z.jpg

A medical variant would be cool too! Perhaps with a GPMG on top and some stretchers in the back..

My thanks to Foxhound and Kecharles:)

A medical variant would be cool too! Perhaps with a GPMG on top and some stretchers in the back..

A medical variant would be a logical move.

I wonder what the box on the roof is - head room or medical supplies?

Truth be told I'm a bit tired of looking at this model at the moment so I'll need to recharge

my batteries first.

Awesome, this thing is a beast. Definitely adding it to the modlist for our server.

You got plans on making anything else? I've been really interested in getting one of these Desert Patrol Vehicles in game but all I've ever found was one done for ARMA 2 :(

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/vehicles/seals-fav-hr.jpg (584 kB)

Just something I notice after updating, I can get the woodland variant in the editor but with zeus and MCC is is a no show. Just thought to bring it up in case other people are having problems.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Also to go with the post of the medical variant of the Ridgeback, The Mistiff and Wolfhound would be cool to have in the game also. And I know its not as simple as stretching the model but they are build on the same (Looks?) as the ridgeback. Annnnnnnd a RWS variant would fit in nice... Just some ideas :)

I've been really interested in getting one of these Desert Patrol Vehicles in game

I am looking for a new project to keep myself amused but I'm afraid that's not on the list,

I prefer my vehicles to have a roof!

Just something I notice after updating, I can get the woodland variant in the editor but with zeus and MCC it's a no show. Just thought to bring it up in case other people are having problems.

Thanks for the heads up - tbh I was surprised when the desert variant worked in Zeus! - I'll look into it.

Just some ideas :)

Hmmm ...There goes the rest of my life .....:p

I am looking for a new project to keep myself amused but I'm afraid that's not on the list,

I prefer my vehicles to have a roof!

Haha, understandable. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store next :)

Lol Good thing I already started the RG-32 on my own or I'd be getting you to make it ;)

Would you consider doing the M1117?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1117_Armored_Security_Vehicle

Arma 3 severely needs this vehicle :pray:

I think the TAPV would be more, cooler since its Canadian :P

http://textrontapv.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/B-2450-094.jpg (2466 kB)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5542/10189936536_7fed2f93d0_b.jpg (421 kB)

Would you consider doing the M1117?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1117_Armored_Security_Vehicle

Arma 3 severely needs this vehicle :pray:

Thanks for the suggestions, gents.

So many unloved vehicles, so little time.

Still, I do like doing stuff that's a little 'unusual', so you never know!

Btw Piper, I've tried the woodland ridgback in both Zeus and MCC - works OK at my end:confused:

Lol Good thing I already started the RG-32 on my own or I'd be getting you to make it ;)

Talking of which Slatts .... did I miss the WIP screens? I'm getting kinda 'fidgety'....

I am going to try re-downloading the pack, if it works on your end then that's good. Its just conflicting with one of my mods most likely. I like to report bugs to the mod devs but... I always forget to check problems on my end first :P

Great looking mod! Ive tried looking around but cant find what class its under (Im looking for the empty version) I see it under NATO, Armoured but I dont see it under armoured in empty?

Great looking mod! Ive tried looking around but cant find what class its under (Im looking for the empty version) I see it under NATO, Armoured but I dont see it under armoured in empty?

Its under vehicles,cars,mraps what ever you want to call them. (Same place as the hunter) if I can remember, could be wrong.