Sign in to follow this  
3lockad3

Ai question to the genral comunity.

I'll keep this short as usual. What scripts are close to the reality side of the game with intelligence in mind. Getting really sick at the AI just watching me shoot at them lol

So what mods or scripts actually work and are being updated, so that I do not waste my time with dead projects, and really there are so many subtleties that it would be hard to test them all and get reliable data back..

I guess this is where I ask what do you use, and is it versatile and reliable :)

2 Must haves, work in MP and dedi environments.

Thank you very kindly in advance for you time.

Q

There really are soooo many to pick from...some that come off the top of my mind are listed below. I know you wanted something specific but I'd read the features and see which one you like.

BCombat is a really in-depth AI system with morale affects and AI that can actually think for themselves. AI can get suppressed and actually notice bullets nearby, they are pretty human like.

BCombat AI highlights

Highlights:

• Full-featured morale system: morale affects both AI behaviour and combat effectiveness. AI will act aggressively or passively depending on circumstances.

• Event driven AI behaviour: any environmental events such as enemies inbound, heard gunfire, suppressive fire, nearby explosions and ricochets or casualties have an effect on AI behaviour.

• Real-time suppression effects: bCombat relies on (included) bDetect framework for accessing real-time ballistic information on any bullets flying by on the battlefield.

• Automatic (gunfire aware) stance handling: units will crouch, sprint or go prone according to situation

• Reduced (excessive) AI firing accuracy.

• Enhanced fire & movement routines

• AI units proactively lay suppressive fire and suffer sensible morale / skill penalty when suppressed.

• Increased AI survivability: better use of cover, movement and suppressive fire lead to longer firefights.

• Player led AI units require far less micro-management on the battlefield.

• Modular mod architecture: optional features may be toggled on/off or tweaked at will.

UPS is a simple script that makes AI patrol an area, flank more efficiently, react more lively.

UPS

It allows you to set up a quick mission in a couple of minutes, without having to worry about waypoints, scripts, or AI behaviour.

All you need to do is place a marker over the area to be patrolled, put some OPFORs in the area, and have them call the patrol script. That's it...

The script will take care of generating random movements, intelligent responses to enemy encounters, and notices when everybody's dead.

It's a very easy and fun way to familiarize yourself with a new map, without having to spend hours making a mission that will only be predictable after a couple of runs.

With this script every run will be totally random. And since you can set it up without even knowing the map too well, you will have a fairly realistic simulation of real-life scenarios, with unfamiliar environment and unpredictable enemy behavior.

Yes, you won't be able to make a "deep", multi-subjective, and inter-dependent "save-the-world" mission with this, but for simulating normal day-to-day patrolling missions, and the unpredictability associated with it, it does the job quite nicely.

ASR AI is another great mod as well. AI will rearm themselves appropriately

ASR AI

- Gives every AI unit randomized skill levels for aiming accuracy, aiming shake, aiming speed, spotting distance,

spotting speed, courage, but within certain ranges, based on unit's type.

The goal was to make the AI better, more diverse and distinct. Some units will be better skilled than others.

For example, a team leader will usually be better than a regular grunt, a SF unit will have the highest skills, while

an armed villager will present the lowest threat.

Users can configure the other skills and set their own levels by editing a userconfig file.

All Arma2, OA, BAF, PMC and ACE units are fully supported by this addon but most 3rd party mods should be too, with

exceptions, like when a regular or insurgent type unit is created based on a SF unit etc.

Third party verified mods: ACE, CWR2, Duala and Lingor units (partially), McNools's Tier1 ops.

- AI radio net (only for servers and single-player).

When a group learns enough about an enemy, it will broadcast information about that enemy over radio to all friendly

groups within a configured range. The info is sent with a delay, so to prevent breaking breaking stealth, quick takedowns

are required. Sending and receiving groups must have radios. No waypoints are set, no orders given, just information sent,

default game AI decides what to do with it.

- When crewmen or pilots have to bail out of their vehicle because it was damaged, they won't be as willing to charge

the enemy as before. They might flee or run for cover instead, until they get into another vehicle when they gain some

courage back.

- AI spotting distance automatically reduced at night (and restored at day). Default is half distance at night, can be changed

in userconfig.

- AI hears gunshots. Default distance is half the range defined for shooter's weapon sound range.

Coefficient can be set in userconfig.

- Dynamic view distance adjustment on dedicated servers. Based on the initial VD setting, servers will continually readjust VD

depending on fog and darkness. Can be turned off in userconfig.

- AI use smoke grenades for concealment when wounded.

- AI detects and engages targets at greater distances, selecting apropriate weapon and fire mode according to their weapon's

performance and distance to target. They shoot more like human players do.

- AI can use grenade launchers like the M203 and GP-25. Without this, they almost always shoot them a few meters too far.

This addon can be installed on clients, servers or both. It will configure only the AI local to the machine where it is installed.

Also: check here

Ya there is way to many to test by myself lol, I pretty much play alone, so I just got to keep myself happy :D

Thank you very much for you post :)

Sure helps when people help narrow things down. CHEERS!

I'm also aware of UPS, however, it is only good in a small mission setting.

Looking for more just the ai factor then the spawning as well, EOS is stable enough and versatile enough, just the troops are to stupid even when I do up the skill to full.

Edited by 3lockad3
Cuz I'm Human

There really are soooo many to pick from...some that come off the top of my mind are listed below. I know you wanted something specific but I'd read the features and see which one you like.

BCombat is a really in-depth AI system with morale affects and AI that can actually think for themselves. AI can get suppressed and actually notice bullets nearby, they are pretty human like.

BCombat AI highlights

Highlights:

• Full-featured morale system: morale affects both AI behaviour and combat effectiveness. AI will act aggressively or passively depending on circumstances.

• Event driven AI behaviour: any environmental events such as enemies inbound, heard gunfire, suppressive fire, nearby explosions and ricochets or casualties have an effect on AI behaviour.

• Real-time suppression effects: bCombat relies on (included) bDetect framework for accessing real-time ballistic information on any bullets flying by on the battlefield.

• Automatic (gunfire aware) stance handling: units will crouch, sprint or go prone according to situation

• Reduced (excessive) AI firing accuracy.

• Enhanced fire & movement routines

• AI units proactively lay suppressive fire and suffer sensible morale / skill penalty when suppressed.

• Increased AI survivability: better use of cover, movement and suppressive fire lead to longer firefights.

• Player led AI units require far less micro-management on the battlefield.

• Modular mod architecture: optional features may be toggled on/off or tweaked at will.

UPS is a simple script that makes AI patrol an area, flank more efficiently, react more lively.

UPS

It allows you to set up a quick mission in a couple of minutes, without having to worry about waypoints, scripts, or AI behaviour.

All you need to do is place a marker over the area to be patrolled, put some OPFORs in the area, and have them call the patrol script. That's it...

The script will take care of generating random movements, intelligent responses to enemy encounters, and notices when everybody's dead.

It's a very easy and fun way to familiarize yourself with a new map, without having to spend hours making a mission that will only be predictable after a couple of runs.

With this script every run will be totally random. And since you can set it up without even knowing the map too well, you will have a fairly realistic simulation of real-life scenarios, with unfamiliar environment and unpredictable enemy behavior.

Yes, you won't be able to make a "deep", multi-subjective, and inter-dependent "save-the-world" mission with this, but for simulating normal day-to-day patrolling missions, and the unpredictability associated with it, it does the job quite nicely.

ASR AI is another great mod as well. AI will rearm themselves appropriately

ASR AI

- Gives every AI unit randomized skill levels for aiming accuracy, aiming shake, aiming speed, spotting distance,

spotting speed, courage, but within certain ranges, based on unit's type.

The goal was to make the AI better, more diverse and distinct. Some units will be better skilled than others.

For example, a team leader will usually be better than a regular grunt, a SF unit will have the highest skills, while

an armed villager will present the lowest threat.

Users can configure the other skills and set their own levels by editing a userconfig file.

All Arma2, OA, BAF, PMC and ACE units are fully supported by this addon but most 3rd party mods should be too, with

exceptions, like when a regular or insurgent type unit is created based on a SF unit etc.

Third party verified mods: ACE, CWR2, Duala and Lingor units (partially), McNools's Tier1 ops.

- AI radio net (only for servers and single-player).

When a group learns enough about an enemy, it will broadcast information about that enemy over radio to all friendly

groups within a configured range. The info is sent with a delay, so to prevent breaking breaking stealth, quick takedowns

are required. Sending and receiving groups must have radios. No waypoints are set, no orders given, just information sent,

default game AI decides what to do with it.

- When crewmen or pilots have to bail out of their vehicle because it was damaged, they won't be as willing to charge

the enemy as before. They might flee or run for cover instead, until they get into another vehicle when they gain some

courage back.

- AI spotting distance automatically reduced at night (and restored at day). Default is half distance at night, can be changed

in userconfig.

- AI hears gunshots. Default distance is half the range defined for shooter's weapon sound range.

Coefficient can be set in userconfig.

- Dynamic view distance adjustment on dedicated servers. Based on the initial VD setting, servers will continually readjust VD

depending on fog and darkness. Can be turned off in userconfig.

- AI use smoke grenades for concealment when wounded.

- AI detects and engages targets at greater distances, selecting apropriate weapon and fire mode according to their weapon's

performance and distance to target. They shoot more like human players do.

- AI can use grenade launchers like the M203 and GP-25. Without this, they almost always shoot them a few meters too far.

This addon can be installed on clients, servers or both. It will configure only the AI local to the machine where it is installed.

Also: check here

Hey, seen the work you have done for the AI. Thank you! :)

Please download AISS2 and SAMO while your at it.

Its unlike any other AI mod in terms of AI movement.Its very unpredictable.

AI share radio info(distance configurable)

AI move to support other AI(veihicles/air arty included)

AI suppress and become suppressed

AI flank

AI groups split up to move unpredictably(u wont get this in another AI mod)

AI surrender,AI route,AI throw smoke when morale is low and near surrender

Morale drops affect accuracy

AI hear bullets for X distance away(configurable distance)

AI fire RPGs at infantry

Modules:

AI patrol

AI garrison

AI support

AI exclude(for mission making waypoints etc)

Go find the mod here on forums.its hard to list everything.The AIM team(me included),worked hard shaping and testing this mod.

As the author Mikey describes it..."Its combined arms for ArmA3"

Try it and SAMO together

Edited by redarmy

So far I'm at Vcom AI in 1st

bCombat infantry AI Mod 2nd

Vcom has implemented way better driving by the ai, not to mention, the AI just kill it in battle and communication.

Will test both, but this is so far where I stand.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

Okay thanks @Redarmy.

I do a lot of testing, so I'll give them a go.

Just busy staying alive in Sangin with Vcom atm :D

This thread is your friend:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175400-AI-Compilation-List-of-Addons-Mods-Scripts-amp-Misc

My $0.02 :

ASR_AI3 - most 'lightweight' mod in terms of added FPS. AI do NOT re-arm automatically like A2 version... this is still a WIP

DAC - best (and most complicated!) overall AI mod if you include all its features - group respawning, custom AI loadouts, object generation, building searches, sharing info between groups, etc.

Posters have mentioned my other favourites already.... best bet is to test and have fun while doing it!!