Sign in to follow this  
_Triangle

Triangles MuCUP Insurgents ( Insurgents using CUP Weapons)

Triangle's MuCUP Insurgents

Requirements Community Upgrade Project - Weapons Pack

After downloading the Community Upgrade Projects - Weapon pack and seeing the factions and units available, It was extremely disappointing to see that no attempt had yet been ,made for the Insurgent factions to look as such, I'm sure this is planned for the future.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is just a very quick edit I made to fill the gap whilst larger mods are being worked on CAF Aggressors CUP etc.

This means that you can enjoy Insurgent style enemies without having to download much larger mods which include lots of content you dont require - This will hopefully seriously reduce mod download sizes for communities etc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER

I have made no attempt to contact the CUP Team or Sparfell, and if they so wish the mod can be removed. I understand the rules for using other peoples work and I claim no credit for CUP's work nor for Sparfells Missing Units addon.

I would have waited for permission to post however I am away for the next 3 weeks from tomorrow, and i just wanted to get this out there for everyone to use and enjoy (hopefully!)

Screenshots

2014-12-09_00002_zpsdf1d06d2.jpg2014-12-09_00001_zpsd3e9cc0b.jpg2014-12-09_00003_zpsfd521873.jpg

Download

Link removed until permission issues resolved

Please contact me on steam if required.

Edited by R0adki11

@_Triangle;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Edited by R0adki11

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Are these units compatible with ALiVE?

They should have no issues with ALiVE but I haven't tested myself the faction name is MU_islam - this will conflict with Missing Units - By Sparfell But only if you use MU_Islam.pbo as it uses the same faction name etc.

@kecharles28 @Foxhound Updated original post for requirements

I have made no attempt to contact the CUP Team or Sparfell, and if they so wish the mod can be removed. I understand the rules for using other peoples work and I claim no credit for CUP's work nor for Sparfells Missing Units addon.

Hi there. I'm Glad you you're using my work but I must say I'm a bit disapointed too cause you didn't even try to contact me before releasing a modification of the config I made :(. I mean, you could release a replacement config that require the pbo from MU to work but here you just copy paste a config I wrote and change few words.

Actually, I'm working on new config files for MU addons with CUP as a requirement, you would have known if only you had asked me..... (a simple Private Message isn't that hard to write ;))

I'm not spiteful (and private property is not something I like particulary) and if you want we could even work together to create the new config files but, I advise you to not use and transform somebody's work without even try to contact him, it will not bring you anything but confrontations and resentment.

What you could have done : create a custom replacement config with my addon as a requirement, I really see no problems with that.

If you consider what I said up here, please remove the download until we can talk about that.

Edited by Sparfell_19

I'm looking for a modern day force to use in a middle eastern setting with ALiVE. Both Sparfell's work and CUP looks like the ticket. I hope you guys can get together (ideally with the CUP guys) to bring something to fruition. Ideally for ALiVE, we need full faction name as well as class names for individuals and groups, on foot and perhaps in vehicles.

Guidelines here (and then of course, it's handy for the mission maker if you include a list on your forum post):

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation

Edited by Oktyabr

Completely understandable pal, I agree with what your saying and I wish had now, just didn't really have a chance to contact anyone as I was rushing about like mad getting ready to head abroad. Just wanted to get it out there for people to use asap if that makes sense lol.

I'm AFK till next year now but I'm seriously up for working together when I get back if you are.

Closing - until copyright and permission issues have been resolved - all download links removed.

Its important to ask permission as per the forum rules:

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.