Sign in to follow this  
greywolf907

Sniper Ghillie config.cpp

Good news, everyone, I found what causes the issue. But bad news, everyone, it requires something to be done on our side, which is easy, but it will be prepared no sooner than in the next dev build = in the beginning of the new year. Thank you for your patience.

Please bump this in the beginning of January, since I won't have much time to look into this until then.

and it has been bumped

simple question, is the problem with the ghillie the same as with the VRsuit ?

It seems the new dev build is out, but I'm not sure right now if the change made it into this one. Could you test it please and let me know? The problem with the VR suit is probably the same, since there are no camo selections there (besides the glowing stripes). I might add them, though, if you need them.

it is not in the dev branch yet or my code is not correct...

it is not NEEDED but wanted,

the VR suit is a nice suit,(reminds me of metal gear solid or a sleek motor suit)

thank you for taking notice :D

class B_Protagonist_VR_F;
class AOA_NightOps: B_Protagonist_VR_F
{
	_generalMacro = "AOA_NightOps";
       scope = 2;
	displayName = "AOA NightOps";
	faction = "AOA_Operations"; // Puts unit under new faction
	side = 2; //ind
	vehicleClass = "AOA_militia_unit";
	icon = "iconManLeader";
       nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody";
	uniformClass = "U_NightOps";
	identityTypes[] = {"Head_NATO", "G_NATO_default"};
	model = "\a3\characters_f_bootcamp\Common\VR_Protagonist_F.p3d";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2","camo3"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\sui_aoa_nightops\data\NO_01_co.paa","\sui_aoa_nightops\data\NO_02_co.paa","\sui_aoa_nightops\data\NO_armor_co.paa"};
	linkedItems[] = {"ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","FirstAidKit","ItemGPS","H_PilotHelmetHeli_B","V_RebreatherIR"};
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"U_AOA_NightOps","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","FirstAidKit","ItemGPS","H_PilotHelmetHeli_B","V_RebreatherIR"}; // add helmet & vest classname to this list
	Weapons[] = {"Throw","Put","srifle_AOA_DMR_01_Nightstalker_snds_F","hgun_Rook40_F"}; // only add rifle & / pistol classname, leave throw and put they are used for explosives and grenades
	respawnWeapons[] = {"Throw","Put","srifle_AOA_DMR_01_Nightstalker_snds_F","hgun_Rook40_F"}; // only add rifle & / pistol classname, leave throw and put they are used for explosives and grenades
	Magazines[] = {"10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","SmokeShell"}; // add the rifles/ pistols magazine here
	respawnMagazines[] = {"10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","10Rnd_762x51_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","SmokeShell"}; // add the rifles/ pistols magazine here
	Backpack = "B_parachute";
};
};

class cfgWeapons
{
	class U_B_Protagonist_VR;
       class UniformItem;
	class U_NightOps: U_B_Protagonist_VR
{
	scope = 2;
	author = "sui";
	displayName = "AOA NightOps uniform";

class ItemInfo: UniformItem
	{
		uniformModel = "-";
		uniformClass = "AOA_NightOps";
		containerClass = "Supply30";
           mass = 70;

};
};
};

I made some research and found out it wasn't included intentionally; it will probably appear in the next one. Concerning the VR suit, so let it be written, so let it be done. There are three textures used (plus the stripes), so I made the following selections for them:

camo1 – torso – a3\characters_f_bootcamp\common\data\vrsuit_01_co.tga

camo2 – arms and legs – a3\characters_f_bootcamp\common\data\vrsuit_02_co.tga

camo3 – armor plates – a3\characters_f_bootcamp\common\data\vrarmor_co.tga

There is a fourth selection named camo_stripes, which is used in the config for those glowing stripes. I updated the hiddenSelections and hiddenSelectionsTextures properties, so the only thing you need to do is to define the hiddenSelectionsTextures properly. The hiddenSelections are defined in this order: camo_stripes, camo1, camo2, camo3. If you don't want to change the stripes, use the following textures for them:

BLUFOR: "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.0,0.6,1.0,1,ca)"

OPFOR: "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.8,0.2,0.2,1,ca)"

AAF: "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.2,0.8,0.2,1,ca)"

If you do want to change them, let me know so I could assist you, since there is an emissive material defined for them (so they would glow) and you might need a help with replacing it.

Again, the change should appear in the next Dev-Branch update. Feel free to ask, should you have any questions.

thanks for the VR suit,

in my current config the stripes turn white, which would be okay for a civ_motor suit, but what would i write for a poor glowing or non glowing color ?

(guessing the AAF numbers are green, opfor is red, and blufor is blue ? have not checked but thought logic applies here)

a number for black ? don't know how that would glow.

Let me explain those textures on stripes. The first part – #(argb,8,8,3) – basically defines the form of the texture, leave it as is. The second part, the four numbers, is a definition of the colour itself. The numbers are for red, green, and blue channel, and alpha, respectively. The values go from 0 to 1. This way you can mix any colour you want (for example, black would be 0,0,0,1; and it doesn't glow). The emissiveness is not created here, the glow is made with a material (*.rvmat file), which is defined in hiddenSelectionsMaterials property.

If you don't succeed in finding what causes the problem, please post your code here, so I might take a look.

class cfgVehicles
{

class B_Protagonist_VR_F;
class AOA_NightOps: B_Protagonist_VR_F
{
	_generalMacro = "AOA_NightOps";
       scope = 2;
	displayName = "AOA NightOps";
	faction = "AOA_Operations"; // Puts unit under new faction
	side = 2; //ind
	vehicleClass = "AOA_militia_unit";
	icon = "iconManLeader";
       nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody";
	uniformClass = "U_NightOps";
	identityTypes[] = {"Head_NATO", "G_NATO_default"};
	model = "\a3\characters_f_bootcamp\Common\VR_Protagonist_F.p3d";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"camo_stripes","camo1","camo2","camo3"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\sui_aoa_nightops\data\camo_tripes.paa","\sui_aoa_nightops\data\NO_01_co.paa","\sui_aoa_nightops\data\NO_02_co.paa","\sui_aoa_nightops\data\NO_armor_co.paa"};
	linkedItems[] = {"ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","FirstAidKit","ItemGPS","H_Watchcap_blk","V_Rangemaster_belt"};
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"U_AOA_NightOps","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","FirstAidKit","ItemGPS","H_Watchcap_blk","V_Rangemaster_belt"}; // add helmet & vest classname to this list
	Weapons[] = {"Throw","Put","AOA_SDAR_DMS","hgun_Rook40_F"}; // only add rifle & / pistol classname, leave throw and put they are used for explosives and grenades
	respawnWeapons[] = {"Throw","Put","AOA_SDAR_DMS","hgun_Rook40_F"}; // only add rifle & / pistol classname, leave throw and put they are used for explosives and grenades
	Magazines[] = {"20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","SmokeShell"}; // add the rifles/ pistols magazine here
	respawnMagazines[] = {"20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_Stanag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","SmokeShell"}; // add the rifles/ pistols magazine here
};
};

this is how the screenshot was taken

Yeah, the same problem as the one with the ghillie; it wasn't really created with retexturing in mind, thus the issues happen. I'll make it work, no big deal.

LockLear, I know this is a different request then a HiddenSelection. But I found traces of code and such that hints towards a AAF soldier that has the under armour shirt/T-shirt and camo trousers yet this isn't available in game. It seems this was intended for AAR and light infantry classes. Is it at all possible this model might see the light of day?

There is an FIA soldier with a T-shirt and AAF trousers, but it is available in the game. Besides that, I don't really have an idea of anything you might mean.

Ok. as of yesterday we have access to re-skin the Sniper / Ghillies. Big thanks to Locklear. Cheers bro.

Hey all,

Abit off topic but still in the realm of re-skin, would it be possible to maybe add a Hidden selection for the Smoke grenade?? Or is that too far left field?

Cheers FaultedLama

I'm sorry, but changing ammo textures is currently not possible.

Apologies for derailing the thread, but I need some assistance with a config, and I do not yet have the necessary posting privileges to make a separate thread. I didn't see an independent questions thread, either.

So, onwards to my problem. I've been trying to create a vest that's invisible. This is my code.

class CfgPatches {
   class invisiblevest {
       units[] = {};
       weapons[] = {"inv_vest_1"};
       requiredVersion = 0.1;
       requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR"};
   };
};

class cfgWeapons {
   class Vest_Base;
   class VestItem;

class inv_vest_1 : Vest_Base {
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Deep Pockets";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_V_plate_carrier_1_CA.paa";
       model = "\Data\chestrigmodel.p3d";
       hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\Data\chestrigblackbase.paa"};

class ItemInfo : VestItem {
           uniformModel = "\Data\chestrigmodel.p3d";
           containerClass = "Supply100";
           mass = 5;
           armor = 5*0.1;
           passThrough = 0.7;
       };
   };
};

However, the vest doesn't even show up inside the game/virtual arsenal. I've probably done something terribly wrong, so please point me towards any inconsistencies in my config.

I know this is definitely the wrong place to post this, so if a moderator could move this to its own separate topic, that would be appreciated.

Been trying to get this to work for me all day. Hearing Zeotrope say retex is now possible is great but I'm unsure why its not working for me except maybe perhaps the model config was only changed for the blufor model?

Here is the abridged config; I get no errors, the texture I desire simply doesnt appear. My retexture of the body works fine, as do insignias, its just the Headdress I'm having trouble with.

class cfgWeapons
{
class UKSF_U_GhillieSuit_D: Uniform_Base
{
	author = "Whitefang";
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Ghillie Suit (Desert)";
	picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_ca.paa";
	model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_universal_F.p3d";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\CALTH\UKSF_MTP_pack_fixed\Uniforms\1Para.paa"};
	class ItemInfo: UniformItem
	{
		uniformModel = "-";
		uniformClass = "UKSF_Clan_Ghillie_D";
		containerClass = "Supply60";
		mass = 80;
	};
};
};
class CfgVehicles
{
class UKSF_Clan_Ghillie_D: UKSF_Clan_Base
{
	author = "Whitefang";
	_generalMacro = "UKSF_Clan_Ghillie";
	vehicleClass = "Clan_Infantry";
	genericNames = "UKSF_names";
	faction = "UKSF_Clan";
	displayName = "Ghillie (Desert)";
	model = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\ia_sniper.p3d";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo","Camo3","insignia"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\CALTH\UKSF_MTP_pack_fixed\Uniforms\1Para.paa","a3\characters_f\common\data\ghillie_desert_co.paa",""};  
	uniformClass = "UKSF_U_GhillieSuit_D";
	camouflage = 0.6;
	threat[] = {1,0.3,0.3};
};
};

Long story short, I deployed a little tweak, which should solve the issue. The joy and happiness is coming in the next Dev-Branch update (most likely).