Sign in to follow this  
negah

What Total War would you like to see after Attila?

Well basically what the topic says.

As for me Id like to see a Victorian setting for the next Total War title.

Something like Fall of the Samurai but on the scale of Empire TW (less detail, but most of the world on several maps).

Id like see the evolution of navy from ships of the line and steamers to monitors, ironclads and finally pre-dreadnoughts.

On the ground they could implement some trenchworks, which you could set up during the unit placement phase as the defending faction. And dont forget early MGs and evolution of rifles (muzzle loading to breach loading and so on).

Plenty of wars in the colonies (e.g. Boer Wars), some in Europe (German unification wars, Crimean War).

Chinese Qing Empire was also prominent during that period (Opium Wars).

Besides they could always use the American Civil War either as expansion or a separate campaign as a major selling point.

Furthermore Id like to see a more sophisticated diplomacy system, Fall of the Samurai had a good system IMO but it was a bit lacking. Rome 2 diplomacy is mainly used to declare wars as of my experience.

Diplomacy like in the Paradox games would be much appreciated.

Also some implementation of cabinet wars, where you could defeat an enemy army and use it as leverage during diplomatic talks.

And some sort of limited wars, where the war ends with one side achieving its goals, like as already said defeating an army, capturing a province or some special trade rights or monopoly on something.

Of course you had to rely on diplomacy again to improve the relationship with said faction after a war. Or use diplomacy to isolate that faction, e.g. Bismarcks "juggling with five balls" alliance system to isolate France.

Edited by negah
grammar

Medieval 3(Medieval 1&2 are still my fav games in the series).Nothing beats the feeling of rewriting history and have the Teutonic Knights steamroll everyone.

Although I'm not sure I want the current CA to touch a Medieval game after Rome II.:plain:

Forgot to add that imo Medieval 2 still has the best OST in Total War games,coupled with the gameplay it really made you feel to be in that time period.

Edited by Krycek

Medieval 3(Medieval 1&2 are still my fav games in the series).Nothing beats the feeling of rewriting history and have the Teutonic Knights steamroll everyone.

Although I'm not sure I want the current CA to touch a Medieval game after Rome II.:plain:

Same.

Medieval would be my favourite, but it just won´t work well with the engine they have.....

This stupid AI simply can´t fight/move very well on castle walls.

Napoleonic? (If it hasn't been done already). I recently saw the film Waterloo and was blown away by it. How I have missed this film for so long I have no idea.

(Waterloo is available to watch on Youtube BTW, I highly recommend it.)

Id like to see Medieval 3 too, especially with naval combat, though Im afraid I will be disappointed by it same way I was disappointed with Rome 2.

The older titles have a certain nostalgia bonus, which makes them better in our eyes than the newer titles, although the newer games have more to offer, now that most of the bugs were fixed.

Who knows, maybe they really plan a Medieval 3 as continuation to Attila, which sets the stage for the early middle ages.

If they go for Medieval 3, I wish theyd implement some sort of feudal system simulation, dunno though how it could work.

And you should be able to take lords as hostages to ransom them later or use as a leverage.

Moreover Id like to see several grand campaigns, one for each period (early, high and late) of the Middle Ages with historical start positions for countries and scripts (like start of the 100 years war or exploration and colonialization of Americas) for the AI factions.

As a matter of fact now I cant decide which setting Id like more to see next.

Napoleonic? (If it hasn't been done already). I recently saw the film Waterloo and was blown away by it. How I have missed this film for so long I have no idea.

(Waterloo is available to watch on Youtube BTW, I highly recommend it.)

There is a Napoleon: Total War which is maybe what you seek :) http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Napoleon_Total_War

Something in between the middle ages and the Napoleonic area. Like 1600-1700. The French musketeers, the downfall of the Spanish empire, the struggles of Hungary and Poland etc.

Edited by JdB

i'd like to see the warhammer fantasy total war game they have aquired the license for a long time...

Honestly I think the TW series might be coming to an end as we know it. CA currently has a MMO like TW in Alpha testing.

Battle focused.

You can level your generals and your troops. A bit like Warthunder and similiar stuff.

Without a doubt chock full of opportunities to spend real money to get an advantage and Premium Units.

If that thing is successfull (and sadly there are enough idiots who will gladly throw their money at them) then they might focus on more of that. It would also relieve them of many problems they have, like making a decent AI...

On a related note. Attlia will have Day1 DLC. The Three Viking factions will be locked behind it. That Game just turned into a no-buy.

If that thing is successfull (and sadly there are enough idiots who will gladly throw their money at them) then they might focus on more of that. It would also relieve them of many problems they have, like making a decent AI...

On a related note. Attlia will have Day1 DLC. The Three Viking factions will be locked behind it. That Game just turned into a no-buy.

Like many of you, I would like to see the Medieval setting but:

Yep, f*ck CA and mother*ck 'Day One DLC', corrosive and disgusting tactic born of endless avarice by people who don't give a sh*t about gaming.

After Rome: Total Fiasco, the only way I would buy Atilla is if the reviews are out of the park.

Preordering was over for me a few months ago, there is no way I am supporting these greedy douchebags anymore.

I get more value for money out of games like Insurgency and The Lone dark that cost me under $20.00 and where strategy is concerned you can't go wrong with Civ as Sid Meier has retained his integrity for a very long time.