Mattastic

Marine Expeditionary Force Mod

New update will come out tonight 100%. The update will include at least 2 new uniform type for each camo pattern, 4 different backpacks in 3 different colors, Boonie Caps, new vest variants, and updated editor units. ALL textures have been updated. There are other items to include the LWH and 8 Point cover that I am still working on. With the release of the CH-67 Huron's .PSD (Photoshop) file I have a USMC theme Huron I am also trying to get in there to be the packs first vehicle. Please be patient and thanks for all the support.

Looks good, let me know if you need anything reference wise.

I am working on that, I am also adding a complete set of the AAF type uniforms to help offer a solution to the problem. At least the AAF types will come next update, maybe the material alterations to the knee pads and elbow pads. The shape of the knee pads and elbow pads will remain due to the inability to manipulate the model, but at least we can make them non reflective. Also, proper MICH helmets and 8 Point covers are being contributed by Massi. Next update will be the biggest yet, outside of the initial release.

I'm not sure if BI actually put the knee pad models in there, but if not you could just alter the normal map and delete them. But again unsure if the model has an actual pad

I'm not sure if BI actually put the knee pad models in there, but if not you could just alter the normal map and delete them. But again unsure if the model has an actual pad

I'm looking into that, thanks for the additional info. I'm pretty sure that the pads are one with the uniform model, but I can't exactly go in an find out for sure.

Tried them out, good looking units.

One thing I see though is the fact that no one nowadays uses iron sights. It's all ACOG on our M16\M4's.

Tried them out, good looking units.

One thing I see though is the fact that no one nowadays uses iron sights. It's all ACOG on our M16\M4's.

The weapon config and unit configs are a bit barebones right now. The RCO will most likely be the standard optic on the rifles after that update.

Awesome, looking forward to it! Make sure it's an ACOG and not the standard red dot everyone likes to use hah.

Yeah...Modders seem to have a hard-on for red dots on Marines....The mod is great. Although the texture on the EGA seems a bit low

I do not want to make the mod have another dependency therefore the optic put on the weapons is going to be an RCO. It is the closest to an ACOG and most definitely NOT a red dot. The weapons are asdg compatible so feel free to use any accessories from other mods with them(FHQ Acc.), but those optics will not be written into the weapon config. Be advised using more than one weapons mod at one time most likely will result in problems, i'm sure most of you know this.

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Foxhound, @kecharles28 Thanks for the support!

I may have missed this, but I just tried it out and it doesn't appear to be Zeus compatible. Are there any plans on adding Zeus compatibility in the near future?

I'm working on making the units compatible with Zeus and ALiVE

Hello! I love the quality of the units, great job!

One really big complaint I have is the inclusion of the stock Arma 3 built in knee pads. Everything else about your Marines look authentic, but the shiny kneepads are really (for a lack of a better word) pissing me off when I glance at them. Is there any way you could remove them? I don't see most Marines wearing the built in knee pads, and especially not the Arma 3 2035 ones either. If you just removed these, this mod would be perfect!

Hope you can get back to me on this, keep up the great work!

EDIT: Really sorry, didn't notice you had already addressed this issue to another person!

Edited by 5harp5hot

Hello! I love the quality of the units, great job!

One really big complaint I have is the inclusion of the stock Arma 3 built in knee pads. Everything else about your Marines look authentic, but the shiny kneepads are really (for a lack of a better word) pissing me off when I glance at them. Is there any way you could remove them? I don't see most Marines wearing the built in knee pads, and especially not the Arma 3 2035 ones either. If you just removed these, this mod would be perfect!

Hope you can get back to me on this, keep up the great work!

EDIT: Really sorry, didn't notice you had already addressed this issue to another person!

This is the next thing I'm doing. Probably the most popular suggestion that I keep getting. It is coming so please be patient. There is also more uniforms on the way, MARPAT variants of all the AAF uniforms.

Hey Matt!

I honestly have to say that these uniforms have the best texture (in both quality and color) my team has ever seen. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: A little suggestion if I may. You could release this pack in parts. Like uniforms/vests/backpacks in a "MEF Uniforms" pack, weapons in another, etc. etc. It would be a little better for clans like one i'm in. We don't ever use the Huron for example. Just sayin'.

Edited by Sitrepo

Hey Matt!

I honestly have to say that these uniforms have the best texture (in both quality and color) my team has ever seen. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: A little suggestion if I may. You could release this pack in parts. Like uniforms/vests/backpacks in a "MEF Uniforms" pack, weapons in another, etc. etc. It would be a little better for clans like one i'm in. We don't ever use the Huron for example. Just sayin'.

I understand, perhaps after i'm done adding all the content that can be something I can do. I would want to wait though so when I do have that structure edit, I'll only have to do it once. Making a change like that at any point may cause disruptions in some missions that use the content, i'm not 100% sure. Thanks for liking the mod also, lots of the gear textures come from Armapirx (listed in credits). I will pass the compliment on to him.

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

To give everyone a word of caution, the new Speed of Sound Pure has been widely reported to cause serious problems with the new ArmA III Helicopters. If you are using that sound mod and have problems seeing the Huron it is because the mod completely renders the new helicopters invisible. Not sure when this will be fixed, i'm sure the bug has been reported to the mods creator. In the mean time, I recommend not using SoS Pure with MEF.

I would say dont release it in different packs just make it so the PBOs are separate and youcan just delete the ones you want, as honestly this pack isn't big at all and so I don't mind still having heli although I don't use it, but having completely different packs makes it a pain to keep track off and update.

I would say dont release it in different packs just make it so the PBOs are separate and youcan just delete the ones you want, as honestly this pack isn't big at all and so I don't mind still having heli although I don't use it, but having completely different packs makes it a pain to keep track off and update.

If it is done, it will be done the way you explained it.

Posted a new poll to get the user base opinion on what additional weapons packs you all would like too the mod have compatible unit for. However, what ever pack(s) are chosen will not be added to the mod itself. It will become an optional dependency. There will be separate unit classes for each weapons pack so there is no confusion. If you have any questions about this contact me.

Notice****

Poll does not have multiple selections enabled so if you want to see more than one pack added, post in the thread your selection.If you have 2 selections mark one on the poll and post the other.

Edited by Mattastic

Outstanding work.

Once you've released the uniforms with no knee pads or the AAF variant, I know for a fact my unit will switch to this.

Now if you tell me you'll have that update out before Jan. 11th. You'll make me squee since we're in stand down for the holidays and I'm currently revamping our mod pack.

Outstanding work.

Once you've released the uniforms with no knee pads or the AAF variant, I know for a fact my unit will switch to this.

Now if you tell me you'll have that update out before Jan. 11th. You'll make me squee since we're in stand down for the holidays and I'm currently revamping our mod pack.

I can tell you that AAF variants will be out this weekend.