daveygary1979

daveygarys Rangers ArmA 3 update

I did notice the garmin was too big and i have resized it, i just posted the wrong screens.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

here are the updated garmins

2014-11-16_00021_zpsda51517d.jpg

2014-11-16_00019_zpsaa7507f4.jpg

2014-11-16_00017_zpsc964327e.jpg

2014-11-16_00016_zps96562e8b.jpg

This looks awesome as hell, great work.

Are they coming with weapons or just uniforms?

I would suggest using RHS escalation as a dependency then you can use their weapons and stuff. (since its becoming the new standard)

Nooooo! RHS is good and all but there are waaaaay better weapon packs out there. SMA, toadies etc. RHS is a massive mod to have as a dependant. Keep this stand alone if at all possible.

Or, option 2, make an OPTIONAL config for RHS

Or option 3 ignore us all and do what you want. Your mod. It looks awesome.

Edit: Davey if you need help with unit configs let me know!

Any plans to add the Crye Precision uniforms in as well? That's what Rangers currently use overseas.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-APRCSE02LGR/G3-Combat-Shirt%E2%84%A2

http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-APRCPE0232R/G3-Combat-Pant%E2%84%A2

There is a request thread for that Tango....

Really like the implemented Helmet Cover, did you do it via Normal map - and how did you get the bending of the mesh right?

Probably normal and the specular map so that it differentiates the holes from the mesh. Either way very well executed :)

Hello daveygary and good to see you back in Arma3, your rangers were one of my favourite unit addons in arma2.

But i have to say, am i the only one thinking that the shape of the rails are a bit weird one the opscore helmet?

And i don' t know if you' ve seen it, but there is this project:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185539-75th-Ranger-Regiment-WIP

you guys seem to have similar (high) quality standards and a similar goal, have you thought about maybe some kind of cooperation?

Anyway, considering your Arma2 work i have no doubt whatsoever that your stuff will deliver.

Yeah Dave its the right rail, I think he was just mentioning how your rail was a bit chunkier than the real one. Not really a huge problem for testing but something to consider in the long run if you ever want to redo them :) cant wait to see more :)

Our milsim group is looking forward to the release very much! Cant wait! Looks great!

Any plans to implement other types of camo such as Woodland BDU down the road?

http://imgur.com/N891ZEF

Here is a picture of what i meant, with the effect obviously overdone on part on purpose and on part due to the magnificence of my paint skills.

On left is how the shape of the rail on the picture of the real opscore you posted looks to me, and on right is the way the shape of the rail of your helmet looks to me.

This is all nitpicking though.

On a sidenote, i believe that i already know the answer, but is there anyway the gps on the armband could be made fonctional? Kind of like the maps on the MFDs on the BAS blackhawks back in OFP?

On a sidenote, i believe that i already know the answer, but is there anyway the gps on the armband could be made fonctional? Kind of like the maps on the MFDs on the BAS blackhawks back in OFP?

I don't want to speak for Davey but, wouldn't that require to use the PiP feature? Not sure it's a good idea performance-wise.

I don' t think so, i remember that with the BAS blackhawks you could see the map on the MFDs in the cockpit and that was at the time of OFP thus well before PIP was introduced in the engine.

In that case that you wouldn' t even have to see the map as i believe that the model would look way too small in game to make proper use of it, only the gps grid numbers.

Our favourite A2 models!!

Nice to see you back in action :)

thanks for all the positive feedback guys, as far as making the GPS functional i wouldn't have the first idea of how to do that. if somebody knows how to do it then be my guest to step up and and give it a go! i will release more as i have more to show.

I love the product, I would also be interested in seeing this done with the crye style uniforms available already through vanilla Arma 3. but i'm sure that's just a decision by the individual putting the gear together.

as requested i modified the helmet (it was a bitch, thanks for that task lol) and i also have some shots of the helmet and vest with the vanilla arma 3 crye gear.

2014-11-20_00010_zpsdd778494.jpg

2014-11-20_00007_zpsb13e466e.jpg

2014-11-20_00006_zps5866de97.jpg

2014-11-20_00001_zpse0d392b7.jpg

there are more pictures in my album if you care to look!

nice :) is it me or do those goggles just look huge?

ps. the arma 3 NVG's are somewhat of an immersion killer. :rolleyes:

as requested i modified the helmet (it was a bitch, thanks for that task lol) and i also have some shots of the helmet and vest with the vanilla arma 3 crye gear.

I think he's aware

i made them using O2, i have basic knowlage of how to use 3d max or maya so i stick with what i learned to create mods for the original arma with.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

i shrunk the size of the goggles to fit the size of the arma 3 head model and then put them back on

2014-11-20_00014_zpsfaafa1e1.jpg

2014-11-20_00013_zps8010c5ab.jpg

2014-11-20_00012_zpsa6cc8a29.jpg

Ranger sexiness in all his beauty !!!! Great work indeed !!