Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Yet another Turret problem - I need help please

I'm back again with another turret problem ...

On an Ship ... I'd like to have a gunner which uses the 2D CROWS Scope for visual targeting ... so far so good and the turret/gun movement is fine ... but when I'm firing the weapon (a missile in fact) that missile firing point is relative to the turret direction ... I don't want this ... I need the missile to be fired from a standard point (away from my turret) any time ...

Is anyone familiar to let me know how is possible to achive this standard firing point regardless of turret and gun direction ?

Below is my config (turret part) and using this, any time I'm firing, the missile following turret direction as its starting point ...

class MissilesTurret: NewTurret
		{
			class HitPoints
			{
				class HitTurret
				{
					armor = 0.8;
					material = 60;
					name = "sensors_turret";
					visual = "sensors_turret";
					passThrough = 1;
				};
				class HitGun
				{
					armor = 0.6;
					material = 60;
					name = "sensors";
					visual = "sensors";
					passThrough = 1;
				};
			};
			stabilizedInAxes = 4;
			selectionFireAnim = "missileDir";
			body = "sensors_turret";
			gun = "sensors";
			animationSourceBody = "sensors_turret";
			animationSourceGun = "sensors";
			gunnerAction = "passenger_generic01_foldhands";
			gunnerName = "Missiles Operator";
			gunnerOpticsModel = "\A3\Armor_F\2D_scope_crows";
			turretInfoType = "RscOptics_crows";
			gunnerForceOptics = 0;
			proxyIndex = 3;
			primaryGunner = 1;
			primaryObserver = 1;
			castGunnerShadow = 0;
			ejectDeadGunner = 0;
			soundServo[] = {"A3\Sounds_F\vehicles\armor\noises\servo_best",1.4125376,1.0,40};
			minElev = -360;
			maxElev = 360;
			initElev = 0;
			minTurn = -360;
			maxTurn = 360;
			initTurn = 0;
			maxHorizontalRotSpeed = 1;
			maxVerticalRotSpeed = 1;
			weapons[] = {"AGM117_W","Laserdesignator_mounted"};
			magazines[] = {"AGM117_M","Laserbatteries"};
			memoryPointGun = "missile";
			memoryPointGunnerOutOptics = "co_opticview";
			memoryPointGunnerOptics = "co_opticview";
			missileBeg = "mis_beg"; 
                               missileEnd = "mis_end";
			showgunneroptics = 1;
			startEngine = 0;
			forceHideGunner = 0;
			commanding = 2;
			gunnerCanSee = 31;
			radarType = 4;
			outGunnerMayFire = 1;
			inGunnerMayFire = 1;
			irScanRangeMin = 200;
			irScanRangeMax = 15000;
			irScanToEyeFactor = 1;
			sensitivity = 2;
			hasgunner = 1;
			proxyType = "CPGunner";
			gunBeg = "usti hlavne_2";
			gunEnd = "konec hlavne_2";
			memoryPointLMissile = "Rocket_2";
			memoryPointRMissile = "Rocket_1";
			class ViewOptics
			{
				initAngleX = 0;
				initAngleY = 0;
				minAngleX = -360;
				maxAngleX = 360;
				minAngleY = -360;
				maxAngleY = 360;
				initFov = 0.6;
				minFov = 0.15;
				maxFov = 0.8;
			};
			class ViewGunner
			{
				initAngleX = 0;
				minAngleX = -10;
				maxAngleX = 55;
				initAngleY = 0;
				minAngleY = -360;
				maxAngleY = 360;
				initFov = 0.6;
				minFov = 0.5;
				maxFov = 0.7;
			};
			class OpticsIn
			{
				class Wide: ViewOptics
				{
					initAngleX = 0;
					minAngleX = -360;
					maxAngleX = 360;
					initAngleY = 0;
					minAngleY = -360;
					maxAngleY = 360;
					initFov = 0.3;
					minFov = 0.3;
					maxFov = 0.3;
					visionMode[] = {"NV","Ti"};
					thermalMode[] = {0,1};
					gunnerOpticsModel = "\A3\Weapons_F\Reticle\Optics_Gunner_AAA_01_w_F.p3d";
					gunnerOpticsEffect[] = {};
				};
				class Medium: Wide
				{
					gunnerOpticsModel = "\A3\Weapons_F\Reticle\Optics_Gunner_AAA_01_m_F.p3d";
					initFov = 0.07;
					minFov = 0.07;
					maxFov = 0.07;
				};
				class Narrow: Wide
				{
					gunnerOpticsModel = "\A3\Weapons_F\Reticle\Optics_Gunner_AAA_01_n_F.p3d";
					initFov = 0.028;
					minFov = 0.028;
					maxFov = 0.028;
				};
			};
		};

The named selections into my model.cfg are "sensors" for the gun part and "sensors_turret" for the turret and are just points for gunner view/targeting control ... I've placed also some other points "mis_beg" and "mis_end" at the position I want the missile to be when fired which are not connected with the gun and turret in memory lod but still there no success as the missiles firing point still is the same with turret direction ...

I'm very confused about all these so any help will be much appreciated.

Aplion

Edited by Aplion

memoryPointLMissile = "Rocket_2";

memoryPointRMissile = "Rocket_1";

I don't know if it's possible to do what you plan. But make sure that those 2 memory points are not part of any selection that rotates with the turret, or connected via model.cfg to animate.

Maybe ask gnat who did a couple of frigates for A2 how he did the missile launchers.

iirc there are also 2 other memory point config defintion options for missiles, but i think they where only used in A2 and earlier because i havent seen it in A3 vanilla configs.

Edited by Fennek

I don't know if it's possible to do what you plan. But make sure that those 2 memory points are not part of any selection that rotates with the turret, or connected via model.cfg to animate.

Maybe ask gnat who did a couple of frigates how he did the missile launchers.

These memory points are not part of any movement and not belong either to turret or gun ... just memory points for testing ..

I'll try contact with Gnat if he is still active ...

So far this fits into my theory how gun/missile memory points behave.

I tried animating the memory points via model.cfg but it does nothing on an airplane. The game seems to load their position once and then never checks again. So in case of a turret it could tie the memory points you define in the config automatically to the gun bone.

Maybe prevent the physical rotation of the turret, but have the controller in non-optics mode (so that he can look around without having to move the turret) and apply the optics overlay in some other way?

Alternatively, maybe use a fixed turret with an AI in it and have the missile controller as commander who can use manual fire? Or a script that takes care of the firing process itself / creating a missile. You couldnt use IR / Visual locking then however.

i'll ask pook and wld427 to comment if they can. my feeling is with fennek so far, the separate locked turret with an AI in it being commanded to fire at your turret target. you could even have a "weapon" called "engage" and a magazine of 999 invisible timetolive 0.2 and no muzzleeffects or sounds "signal" ammo. then use a fired eventhandler to transmit a fire signal to the actual missile turret when you fire the weapon "engage" etc

this isn'tthat far off how a real ship operates, with the PWO initiating the majority of firing from the warfare table in the ops room.

So far this fits into my theory how gun/missile memory points behave.

I tried animating the memory points via model.cfg but it does nothing on an airplane. The game seems to load their position once and then never checks again. So in case of a turret it could tie the memory points you define in the config automatically to the gun bone.

Maybe prevent the physical rotation of the turret, but have the controller in non-optics mode (so that he can look around without having to move the turret) and apply the optics overlay in some other way?

Alternatively, maybe use a fixed turret with an AI in it and have the missile controller as commander who can use manual fire? Or a script that takes care of the firing process itself / creating a missile. You couldnt use IR / Visual locking then however.

I did something similar on one of my aircrafts back in A2 but not animating just the memory points as I was using a tiny modeled turret hidden into the nose of the aircraft and it worked fine ... but aircraft missiles are proxies and in my case here (even if I have modeled the missile) I haven't use them as proxies in model lods.

The memory points for this turret and gun are just to control the visual/targeting part and I thought that having the missile firing position points not tied with them will do the trick ...

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

i'll ask pook and wld427 to comment if they can. my feeling is with fennek so far, the separate locked turret with an AI in it being commanded to fire at your turret target. you could even have a "weapon" called "engage" and a magazine of 999 invisible timetolive 0.2 and no muzzleeffects or sounds "signal" ammo. then use a fired eventhandler to transmit a fire signal to the actual missile turret when you fire the weapon "engage" etc

this isn'tthat far off how a real ship operates, with the PWO initiating the majority of firing from the warfare table in the ops room.

There is a script from Gnat which is working from the center of the ship when firing but I'm not so good to make it fit to my needs (my 3D position) ..

// -------------------------------  
// ArmA Multi-Missile Proxy Launch 
// -------------------------------- 
// Script by Gnat 
// 3D pos help from Mandoble 
//---------------------- 
//---------------------------------------- 
// if you use it, credit me as appropraite 
//---------------------------------------- 
private ["_array","_weapon","_ammoname","_ship","_missobj", "_acount", "_lift", "_dir", "_vx", "_vy", "_vh", "_vz", "_ux", "_uy", "_uz", "_ur","_zzs","_target"]; 
_array = _this select 0; 
_weapon = _array select 1; 
_ammoname = _array select 4; 
_ship = _array select 0; 
//if (!isServer) exitWith {}; 

if(_weapon == "AGM117_W") then 
{     
   _missobj = nearestobject[_ship, _ammoname]; 
   _acount = _ship ammo "AGM117_W"; 
   _zzs = ((getposasl _ship select 2) * -1); 
   _missobj Setvelocity (velocity _ship); 
   _missobj SetPos [(_ship ModelToWorld [-1.7,42.4,-12]) select 0,(_ship ModelToWorld [-1.7,42.4,-12]) select 1,2]; 
   _climb = 89; // Initial elevation 
   _array = _ship weaponDirection "AGM117_W"; 
   _dir = (_array select 0) atan2 (_array select 1); 
   _vz = (sin _climb); 
   _vh = (cos _climb); 
   _vx = (sin _dir)* _vh; 
   _vy = (cos _dir)* _vh; 
   _missobj setVectorDir[_vx, _vy, _vz]; 
   _uz = sin(_climb+90); // 0.940 
   _ur = cos(_climb+90); // -0.342 
   _ux = sin(_dir)* _ur; 
   _uy = cos(_dir)* _ur; 
   _missobj setVectorUp[_ux, _uy, _uz]; 
   sleep 2; 
   _dir = 1; 
};  

The idea of two separate turrets is interesting but I've no idea how to even start doing this plus the eventhandler script needed to actually tie them together ...

Edited by Aplion

but aircraft missiles are proxies and in my case here (even if I have modeled the missile) I haven't use them as proxies in model lods.

Good call - why don't you try missile proxies? In case the missiles are never visible when not fired (hidden behind cover) just make the proxy a very small box.

About the aircraft gun animation - yeah that's what i mean, you can't freely move the gun/missile memory points around at your will. With turrets they are force-bound to the gun automatically it seems.

Good call - why don't you try missile proxies? In case the missiles are never visible when not fired (hidden behind cover) just make the proxy a very small box.

About the aircraft gun animation - yeah that's what i mean, you can't freely move the gun/missile memory points around at your will. With turrets they are force-bound to the gun automatically it seems.

I did tried to use the missiles as proxies but nothing changed ... I'll give it one more try following that direction ...

i wonder how the javelin works? as it is pointed up at 30 degrees and you aim straight ahead? i imagine that it can still lock within a cone of view from its point...

maybe you can use a gunaimdown of -10 or something to have your aim point lifted to the sky... but i think even then (if it worked for missile aim) it would not lock on a target that was out of the cone of your view...

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

is this for a ship launched SAM? or for something else like a GPS locking tomahawk?

i wonder how the javelin works? as it is pointed up at 30 degrees and you aim straight ahead? i imagine that it can still lock within a cone of view from its point...

maybe you can use a gunaimdown of -10 or something to have your aim point lifted to the sky... but i think even then (if it worked for missile aim) it would not lock on a target that was out of the cone of your view...

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

is this for a ship launched SAM? or for something else like a GPS locking tomahawk?

It is a ship harpoon ...

And I believe I've got it solved !!

I've been changed these values into my turret config as follow ..

//body = "sensors_turret";
//gun = "sensors";
body = "";
gun = "";

... and now the turret is targeting and working as before but the missiles are launched from the selected memory points !!

In fact I did the same as of my aircraft (described above) but without setting any proxies into my model lods.

Now the only part remains is to figure out how I can do the same on the other same type launcher of the ship (the ship has two launchers looking oposite each other).

Edited by Aplion

Well ... I have another question ... how is possible to add artillery computer capability to a weapon (missile) ... so far I've tried almost everything and the gunner has the option but when I'm in artillery computer screen my weapon is not working as should be (there is no distance circle and the FIRE button stays unselectable after I'm clicking on some point of the map).

Any ideas ?

yeah requirements are in the ammo and weapon and vehicle

vehicle base turret (driver or commander)

artilleryScanner = 1;

vehicle turret

artilleryScanner = 1;
			weapons[] = {"EB_M119"}; //relevant configged weapon
			magazines[] = {"EB_30Rnd_105mmHE","EB_30Rnd_105mmWP"};  //mag containing  relevant configged ammo

weapons

class EB_M119: M119 //inherits off existing arty weapon
{
	scope = 1;
	nameSound = "cannon";
	cursor = "Cannon";
	cursorAim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";
	cursorSize = 1;
	sound[] = {"\ca\Sounds\weapons\cannon\gun120",316.228,1,1500};
	reloadSound[] = {"\ca\Sounds\weapons\cannon\gun120reload",1,1,20};
	reloadTime = 6;
	magazineReloadTime = 2;
	maxLeadSpeed = 100;
	autoReload = 1;
	canLock = 2;  //VITAL
	minRange = 10;
	minRangeProbab = 0.6;
	midRange = 12000;
	midRangeProbab = 0.7;
	maxRange = 19000;
	maxRangeProbab = 0.1;
	magazines[] = {"EB_30Rnd_105mmHE","EB_30Rnd_105mmWP","EB_30Rnd_105mmSMOKE","EB_30Rnd_105mmILLUM","EB_30Rnd_105mmSABOT","EB_30Rnd_105mmHESH","30Rnd_105mmHE_M119","EB_30Rnd_105mmAPERS","EB_30Rnd_105mmKJ"};
	modes[] = {"EB_Single1","EB_Single2","EB_Single3","EB_Burst1","EB_Burst2","EB_Burst3"};
	class EB_single1: Mode_SemiAuto
	{
		displayName = "close";
		begin1[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v1",30,1,7000};
		begin2[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v2",30,1,7000};
		begin3[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v3",30,1,7000};
		begin4[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v4",30,1,7000};
		begin5[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v5",30,1,7000};
		soundbegin[] = {"begin1",0.2,"begin2",0.2,"begin3",0.2,"begin4",0.2,"begin5",0.2};
		reloadTime = 6;
		minRange = 0;
		midRange = 0;
		maxRange = 0;
		artilleryDispersion = 0.2; //VITAL
		artilleryCharge = 0.67; //VITAL
	};
	class EB_single2: EB_single1
	{
		displayName = "medium";
		artilleryCharge = 0.81; //VITAL
	};
	class EB_single3: EB_single1
	{
		displayName = "far";
		artilleryCharge = 1; //VITAL
	};
	class EB_burst1: Mode_Burst
	{
		displayName = "B (close)";
		begin1[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v1",30,1,7000};
		begin2[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v2",30,1,7000};
		begin3[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v3",30,1,7000};
		begin4[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v4",30,1,7000};
		begin5[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\m119v5",30,1,7000};
		soundbegin[] = {"begin1",0.2,"begin2",0.2,"begin3",0.2,"begin4",0.2,"begin5",0.2};
		soundBurst = 0;
		showToPlayer = 0;
		burst = 6;
		reloadTime = 6;
		minRange = 200;
		minRangeProbab = 0.5;
		midRange = 3225;
		midRangeProbab = 0.7;
		maxRange = 8312;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.5;
		artilleryDispersion = 0.2;
		artilleryCharge = 0.67;
	};
	class EB_burst2: EB_burst1
	{
		showToPlayer = 0;
		displayName = "B (medium)";
		minRange = 4543;
		minRangeProbab = 0.4;
		midRange = 7525;
		midRangeProbab = 0.6;
		maxRange = 12170;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.4;
		artilleryCharge = 0.81;
	};
	class EB_burst3: EB_burst1
	{
		showToPlayer = 0;
		displayName = "B (far)";
		minRange = 6930;
		minRangeProbab = 0.3;
		midRange = 11500;
		midRangeProbab = 0.4;
		maxRange = 18620;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.3;
		artilleryCharge = 1;
	};
};

mags

class EB_30Rnd_105mmHE: VehicleMagazine
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "HE";
	displayNameShort = "HE";
	ammo = "EB_Sh_105_HE"; //relevant configged ammo
	count = 30;
	initSpeed = 370;  //VITAL as this needs to match the lookup table for the artillery charges - based on the 105mm BIS shell speed and their artillery charge values on the stock M119 weapon
	nameSound = "heat";
};

ammo

class EB_ShellBase: Shellbase
{
	soundFly[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\incoming2.wss",100,1.0,150};
	soundEngine[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\shellwhine",20,1,50};
	soundHit[] = {"\EB_armour\sound\shellimpact3.wss",60,1,5000};
	supersonicCrackNear[] = {"Ca\sounds\Weapons\explosions\supersonic_crack_close",1,1,100};
	supersonicCrackFar[] = {"Ca\sounds\Weapons\explosions\supersonic_crack_50meters",1,1,150};
	CraterEffects = "HEShellCrater";
	ExplosionEffects = "HEShellExplosion";
	visibleFire = 64;
	audibleFire = 64;
	timeToLive = 180;
	muzzleEffect = "BIS_Effects_Cannon";
	caliber = 33.33;
	whistleOnFire = 2;
	airFriction = 0;
	sideAirFriction = 0;
	thrust = 0;
	artilleryLock = 1; //VITAL
	simulation = "shotShell"; //VITAL??
	whistleDist = 20;
};
class EB_Sh_105_HE: EB_ShellBase
{
	hit = 210;
	indirectHit = 40;
	indirectHitRange = 20;
	typicalSpeed = 1300;  //VITAL to get this right - check BIS shell
	explosive = 0.8;
	cost = 200;
	model = "\ca\Weapons\shell";
	CraterEffects = "ArtyShellCrater";
	ExplosionEffects = "ArtyShellExplosion";
	muzzleEffect = "BIS_Effects_Cannon";
	caliber = 6;
	whistleDist = 40;
};

Edited by eggbeast

it seems that the Artillery computer only works with ammunition that has specific simulations, shell and shot deployed I think. I have never been able to use simulation missile with the artillery computer. You could reasonably fake a missile with a subminition, I think, setting ammo parameters accordingly but this I cannot ensure

yes this is also likely but i wasnt sure. pook has been working on the scud and he says it works perfectly in artillery computer, but that BIS did some sleight-of-hand with the missiles - in that they launch using an animation rather than a missile simulation and proxy etc. i'll ask what he's used as the ammo for his revamped scud.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

i did manage also to tweak the ranges on the mortars in unsung mod by changing the artillerycharge values and the range values etc, BUT when i tried this on the cannons their accuracy became corrupted, like 2-3km wrong etc. i added real world muzzle velocities to the cannons and that absolutely messed up the artillery. easiest thing to do is clone off a BIS weapon/mag/ammo that works. for closer range stuff clone off a mortar, longer ranges - M252, m119, stryker 120mm mortar, D30, grad, MLRS. i think they all use look-up tables for their ranges - not really sure. i do know that the initspeed, typicalspeed and so on are VITAL.

@mankyle ... I agree mate but still the A3 MLRS has artillery computer working using missiles (rockets) ... the weapon classname uses is "rockets_230mm_GAT" and magazines "12Rnd_230mm_rockets" ... but even when I'm using these defaults, not getting fire permission in artillery computer screen.

I'm wondering if it is something has to do with some points into the model.

@eggbeast .. I've already tried your config suggestions above with no luck.

doesn't matter what it's classname is, what are they inheriting from the parents?

i'd wager the mlrs is actually a child of cannoncore?

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

i should have said though Ap, and im sorry i forgot - that text above is Arma 2 OA and not from Arma 3...

arma 3 may have added a different variable for any of these params, or even added new stuff

artilleryScanner

artilleryDispersion

artilleryCharge

artilleryLock

simulation = "shotShell";

doesn't matter what it's classname is, what are they inheriting from the parents?

i'd wager the mlrs is actually a child of cannoncore?

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

i should have said though Ap, and im sorry i forgot - that text above is Arma 2 OA and not from Arma 3...

arma 3 may have added a different variable for any of these params, or even added new stuff

artilleryScanner

artilleryDispersion

artilleryCharge

artilleryLock

simulation = "shotShell";

The fact is that using the working for MLRS default weapon, mag and ammo ... did't worked in my case mate ... thats the reason I'm thinking that it might have some special points into the model which the whole system uses for that purpose ... still I'm confused and working at making various tests ... btw ... it was obvious for me that your example was from A2 so don't worry about that :)

Edited by Aplion

maybe trace through the A3 MLRS and look for any unusual params they use on vehicle, turret, weapon, mag, ammo

what i was getting at, wit hregards to it inheriting from cannoncore, would be that to fire a cannon you need gunbeg and gunend i think and poss shotfromturret?

Well I can't speak to the A3 config requirements.

Egg pretty much summarized what I am doing for my upcoming A2 reworked Scud launcher. I am using Eddie's RACS vehicle config as inspiration... he got it all right! Simply inherit everything from the MLRS, and change only the damage values, and in the case of my new Scud, replace the model for the rocket. Everything else is inherited from MLRS! You can change max distance and min distance settings in the config as well.

Of course on the vehicle 3D model you need to ensure the appropriate gun points are present for the rockets. Spice Rakety and the other one (konec rakety?). You might need to define those as gunBeg and gunEnd as well in the config, never hurts. Everything else is virtualized in the BIS Arty module, so you need only to work on the actual "real" ammo. The only 2 things in A2 you need is the arty scanner config entries, but that's already mentioned above.

"simulation" is simply for the type of ammo class and has nothing to do with the artillery behavior. Bullets have certain characteristics, as does buckshot, rockets, etc. So you get only muzzle flash w/ bullets, and you get a smoke trail with rockets. Unless that changed in A3, "simulation" will have nothing to do with the issue described.

Well I can't speak to the A3 config requirements.

Egg pretty much summarized what I am doing for my upcoming A2 reworked Scud launcher. I am using Eddie's RACS vehicle config as inspiration... he got it all right! Simply inherit everything from the MLRS, and change only the damage values, and in the case of my new Scud, replace the model for the rocket. Everything else is inherited from MLRS! You can change max distance and min distance settings in the config as well.

Of course on the vehicle 3D model you need to ensure the appropriate gun points are present for the rockets. Spice Rakety and the other one (konec rakety?). You might need to define those as gunBeg and gunEnd as well in the config, never hurts. Everything else is virtualized in the BIS Arty module, so you need only to work on the actual "real" ammo. The only 2 things in A2 you need is the arty scanner config entries, but that's already mentioned above.

"simulation" is simply for the type of ammo class and has nothing to do with the artillery behavior. Bullets have certain characteristics, as does buckshot, rockets, etc. So you get only muzzle flash w/ bullets, and you get a smoke trail with rockets. Unless that changed in A3, "simulation" will have nothing to do with the issue described.

I've already the points needed into 3d model as also their values in config turret. "I am using Eddie's RACS vehicle config as inspiration..." I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that ... is it possible to give me a link so I can have an idea of how Eddie did it ?

The fact is that using the working for MLRS default weapon, mag and ammo ... did't worked in my case mate ... thats the reason I'm thinking that it might have some special points into the model which the whole system uses for that purpose ... still I'm confused and working at making various tests ... btw ... it was obvious for me that your example was from A2 so don't worry about that

Maybe it can only work with a fully rotationing turret?

I never checked, how does a mortar behave in that respect? It has limited movement arc, so the question is if the artillery computer checks for that.

The turret on the model has to rotate fully. The gun has to move up/down. You don't need anything in the visual LOD's, so long as the memory points are there to do the "logic" movement of the turret and gun. Then the config of course has the up/down min max settings. There's no "check" by the arty computer code. I'm certain it is a config issue, based on my A2 arty research. Assuming once again no significant changes in A3 :)

Guys thanks for the link and help provided so far ... I'm in the middle of many tests (no luck so far) and thats the reason I'm not posting lately ... I'll come back when I'll have some results.

For the record ... except the artillery issue ... I'm trying to have on my ship two different types of turrets/weapons ... one for air threats and another for sea/ground threats ... everytime I've got one of them working/locking properly ... the other type stops working/locking and goes on ... I think I might loose my mind with all these values need to be combined.

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

ok guys before I'll loose my mind ... I need help on that.

Can anyone have a look on my weapon config and let me know why these missiles are not locking on any ground/sea target as supposed to be ?

Magazines

class CfgMagazines
{
class VehicleMagazine;

class RGM84_M: VehicleMagazine
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "RGM-84 Harpoon";
	displayNameShort = "RGM-84 Harpoon";
	ammo = "RGM84_A";
	count = 8;
	initSpeed = 0;