Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Yet another Turret problem - I need help please

Aplion, I have succesfully added SSMs to the LCS 2, although I haven't released the latest version to the public.

what I always do right no for that is to set the turret which is primary gunner as an SSM turret and the turret set as primary gunner as SAM turret. That usually works.

For the record... I have never been able to make the ballistics computer work with a weapon that uses in its cfgammo a simulation =missile; value.

Aplion, I have succesfully added SSMs to the LCS 2, although I haven't released the latest version to the public.

what I always do right no for that is to set the turret which is primary gunner as an SSM turret and the turret set as primary gunner as SAM turret. That usually works.

For the record... I have never been able to make the ballistics computer work with a weapon that uses in its cfgammo a simulation =missile; value.

@mankyle ... I thought that setting two turrets as "primary gunner" is not possible ... is this a typing error and one of these two turrets has to be set as "primary Observer" ?

In any case I've tried them both plus any possible combination with "primary gunner" and "primary Observer" ... every time I'm setting either the SSM or SAM turret as "primary gunner" then only this turret/weapon is able to lock its targets.

Is there any possibility to be a "commanding" priority value matter ?

@Fennek ... yes mate I know and I've checked this wiki page.

Edited by Aplion

yes there is a commanding priority value...

commanding=2; It's an integer, more i dont know about it (what it affects and so on)

yes there is a commanding priority value...

commanding=2; It's an integer, more i dont know about it (what it affects and so on)

I know that mate ... my question was if this value has anything to do with my locking/non locking issue :)

Sorry. Typo.

I meant one set as primary gunner and the other as primary observer.

Sorry. Typo.

I meant one set as primary gunner and the other as primary observer.

Yeap ... as I said, I've tried that and only the turret which have the primary gunner is able to lock on targets ... in case you have it working ... is it possible to give me an example here (your turrets setup more or less) ?

yes of course

I can send you the latest MLODs and config of the LCS 2 so you can take a look.

There is one turret set as Primary gunner with one cannon and missiles (Primary Gunner) and another one with Surface to Air missiles (Primary Observer)

yes of course

I can send you the latest MLODs and config of the LCS 2 so you can take a look.

There is one turret set as Primary gunner with one cannon and missiles (Primary Gunner) and another one with Surface to Air missiles (Primary Observer)

Appreciate that mate ... much obliged .. waiting :)

Edited by Aplion

@mankyle ... you saved my day mate ... looking into your config I found that I have to completely remove the "primaryGunner" and "primaryObserver" as also the "Commanding" from any other turret except those two with locking capability weapons, plus adding the threat values for every turret as you did !! those two seems that was causing the problem !!

EDIT : after some more tests I made, I believe that only the threat values inside each turret are responsible for the solution of my locking issue ...

Now both Ground to Air and Ground to Ground turrets working fine locking their targets. Thanks a lot mate ... time to continue with the artillery computer research part now :)

Edited by Aplion

Does anyone know where I can found any tables or other info about artillery values for my weapon config ?

so far I can have artillery solution through artillery computer using missiles (based on default MLRS weapon and magazines) but the permitted firing range I'm getting is no more that 100-300 meters (meaning that the inner circle which is not permited to commence fire in it, is very close to the outer circle - the space between them is the area which I can choose to use for artillery). This has nothing to do with min-mid-max range values as whatever changes on these values don't affect anything ...

Also another issue is that only the front cannon gunner has the ability to use the artillery computer ... I can't understand the reason as it is firing missiles from the cannon that way !!

I have succesfully enabled Artillery weapons using shell and submunition simulation classes.

Have you ever been able to enable missiles with the arty computer Aplion?

And regarding the picture you posted.... Have you tried messing with the initial speed of the round? It can alter min and mazx range for the arty computer

I have succesfully enabled Artillery weapons using shell and submunition simulation classes.

Have you ever been able to enable missiles with the arty computer Aplion?

And regarding the picture you posted.... Have you tried messing with the initial speed of the round? It can alter min and mazx range for the arty computer

Mate for the missiles I have the same issue as plain arty shells ... I'll let you know in case I'll have some progress on that.

Initial speed ... ok I'll give that a try also.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

ok I did try to mess up with ammo initial speed but every time both inner and outer cycles are changing their radius ... what I'm looking for is to change only inner cycle radius closser to my weapon (expanding the firing area).