Meatball0311

SOCMOD Release Thread

When its ready

So thats it huh!? That's your reply to a fan of your MOD. I get it. You guys are busting your ass on a project (hobby) and want it perfect before publishing. As far as I can tell from looking at all the pages. One new update since mid-14 and it appears your not happy with being asked over and over for a release date. Some would call that a clue, that people enjoy your teams hard work. I enjoyed the fresh look of your teams mod so much that I told my grp we all need to run it, full time. 

The project is still going.. we are getting there.  

The vest values have been corrected and the helmet is taking about two hits to kill.

Why not publish a v1.1 with just the armor value fixed? I would use the mod as is, if they armor was fixed. 

I am just putting this out there.  I am looking for a little help with some scripting.  I have some really cool ideas and they would have to be scripted.  I have moderate scripting skills and I need someone who I can ask questions.  Anyone want to help out with some scripting for this project please PM me.

I wish I could pitch in and help. I would be more harm then help. 

Are you guys going to straight out release it when it's done or are we going to see WIP pics sometime soon?

There are a few things that need to be done before a WIP pic.  But yes, I am wanting to get to you guys some WIP pics as soon as it is in a state that we deem appropriate.

So thats it huh!? That's your reply to a fan of your MOD. I get it. You guys are busting your ass on a project (hobby) and want it perfect before publishing. As far as I can tell from looking at all the pages. One new update since mid-14 and it appears your not happy with being asked over and over for a release date. Some would call that a clue, that people enjoy your teams hard work. I enjoyed the fresh look of your teams mod so much that I told my grp we all need to run it, full time. 

Why not publish a v1.1 with just the armor value fixed? I would use the mod as is, if they armor was fixed. 

I wish I could pitch in and help. I would be more harm then help. 

Yes, we appreciate all of your guys support and are excited about getting a well done mod out to the public.  The response of  "When it is done" is because that is the truth, we have members who live in different time zones and have real life responsibilities.  So giving an exact date would be very difficult, all I can say is we are getting close to that.  When we get the mod to a state of happiness we will post some awesome pics and at that time we will be close to releasing.

We have not done any updates because we are actually redoing some models.  I will give you a hint and say that there will be a new Combat Uniform model and we revamped our helmets and weapons.  Also, during the development of this project we have gotten better in some areas and are now applying those skills to the mod.

• Like 3

Take your time guys, but don't let this mod die because it's an awesome mod!! :D 

Take your time guys, but don't let this mod die because it's an awesome mod!! :D

Thanks a lot.. this mod will not die.

• Like 1

There are a few things that need to be done before a WIP pic.  But yes, I am wanting to get to you guys some WIP pics as soon as it is in a state that we deem appropriate.

Yes, we appreciate all of your guys support and are excited about getting a well done mod out to the public.  The response of  "When it is done" is because that is the truth, we have members who live in different time zones and have real life responsibilities.  So giving an exact date would be very difficult, all I can say is we are getting close to that.  When we get the mod to a state of happiness we will post some awesome pics and at that time we will be close to releasing.

We have not done any updates because we are actually redoing some models.  I will give you a hint and say that there will be a new Combat Uniform model and we revamped our helmets and weapons.  Also, during the development of this project we have gotten better in some areas and are now applying those skills to the mod.

Sir,

Thank you for taking the time. I can not wait for a finished product.  

Hi guys! :D I have a question, you will make a version of the maritime helmet without the peltor headset?

• Like 1

Hi guys! ae there going to be some new plate carriers like the CP AVS, Eagle Industries MBAV

Warlord i wanted to ask, how many people are in the team? Meatball (if you know him) and me are working on something for the mod i dont want to say what incase you guys want nothing released yet.

Quite a big team. But due to real life and military only 3 of us full time right now

Alright, meatball is sweating it right now prety hard. Every time i come on he has my next scripting task which is awesome, a good way to get better at it

I dont know  someone has already asked that, what are your plans for the weapon sounds do you making your onwn or take you the vanilla sounds?

I dont know  someone has already asked that, what are your plans for the weapon sounds do you making your onwn or take you the vanilla sounds?

We will have custom sounds

Hi guys! :D I have a question, you will make a version of the maritime helmet without the peltor headset?

Yes

• Like 4

I added the new armor value setting to the helmets and vests and it will be included in the next update.

• Like 3

Any news guys? :) trust me i can't wait for an update! I love your work. But anyway take your time! :D

Work hard almost everyday. Waiting on some small stuff then should be ready for release

• Like 5

Work hard almost everyday. Waiting on some small stuff then should be ready for release

Great!! :D