Sign in to follow this  
nicedude80

I want to get into modding

I am fairly new to mission/addon design and such. I was wondering how I should go about learning this stuff. Someday I want to make things like Arma 3 Life and those cool big modifications. Anyways, what path should I go down, what should I do? is there any good tutorial that can help me start off? maybe first by making a new vehicle or something? I don't know where to start or what to do. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: maybe I'm being to vague with this question. I'll rephrase. I want to make a new vehicle. How would I go about doing it? I am downloading the arma 3 Tools off steam, so that is a start. But where do I go from there?

Edited by nicedude80

You'll see the linky on my signature, so that's what I suggest for guns anyway...

You'll see the linky on my signature, so that's what I suggest for guns anyway...

There's so many links there, which one? Also, I meant modding with Arma 3. And this will teach me how to make a gun addon? Would you install this through steamwork shop or is this the kinda thing that woulod be a @Myaweshumgunmod

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Anyone? Is there any tutorials on making vehicles and such?

Edited by nicedude80

ok Do you want to Returxe things ? or do you want to make new guns ? if you want to make new guns you need to learn 3d modeling i recommend 3d max or maya. For re texture work You will want to use photoshop find somebody to teach you and that might take you a while.

Thread moved to the addons section, where the right people are lurking. ;)

Here is a massive list of tutorials on Armaholic. Some are outdated a tad, but its a good resource.

I'd start by getting the tools installed and P drive set up, and then going into the Samples_F directory under Arma 3 Tools. There's a sample car, boat, and heli in there. Try to get them to work in game. Once you do, save a copy of them, and start messing around and customizing them. Have fun.

Weapons are not easy if you want to do this with quality in mind that is. how ever if you feel the need to just derp on some stuff i can not and will not stop you. but please take the time find a proper teacher or source of education. and invest the time into this.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

hell message me i have no problems giving a bit of help here or there