strelnikoff

Any ACE servers left?

Just what the title says. I took a 6 month break from Arma2 only to come back to an almost dead community, a far cry from April. All of the Arma2 ACE servers I played on just a short time ago are now dead, either taken down (TWC, OCB, etc.) or empty (TF47, etc.).

After being traumatised by the Arma3 online experience (have been killed by team-mates more times than by enemies, besides the problem of finding any server with a good amount of players that isn't either Life or Wasteland - both issues making me wonder whether no old Arma/Opf players play Arma3 with it being populated only by Dayz and CoD screaming 9 year olds) that I decided to go back to A2. Registering the game with Steam because of the 1.63 patch, the vile concoction that that service is, led only to so many crashes, error reports, refusal to do even the most simple tasks that I finally gave up.

So, now I'm looking for servers that are still serving the Arma2 that wasn't ruined by Steam and still run the 1.62 patch.

Help would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance (in case I forget to say thanks later)!

So, now I'm looking for servers that are still serving the Arma2 that wasn't ruined by Steam and still run the 1.62 patch.

Just for clarity, Arma 2 wasn't "ruined by Steam". Steam had no hand in GameSpy's decision to close up shop. If you want someone to blame, try Ziff Davis.

That's subjective and there were other options, but just to make this clear: you responded just to push forward your point of view instead of trying to help with teh request? Not to be an a-hole, but the topic is a request for help and not an open invitation for debate. ;-)

It's not really subjective.. it's what happened. Gamespy closing was the reason for this.

Anyway to answer your question I don't think there are many... we do have an ACE Insurgency server which is up from time to time (as does Harzach although his might be more permanent).

It's a public forum, you take what you can get. Complaining about replies is silly. Also, sometimes people "tag" topics with quick, tangential replies so they remember to return with a better reply later.

It's not really subjective.. it's what happened. Gamespy closing was the reason for this.

Exactly. I was simply clarifying the point (hence the "Just for clarity" part).

Ziff Davis acquired IGN, then shut down all of the subsidiaries it felt were extraneous to their business plan, including GameSpy. As with many games, GameSpy was Arma's multiplayer "matchmaker". Without it, one needed to manually input the IP address of a server to connect. Steam integration includes the same type of service, so Steam actually fixed the problem. It may not be a perfect fix - it definitely has its own problems - but saying Steam ruined Arma 2 is flat-out incorrect. As for "other options", Steam integration was the one that made the most sense.

Anyway to answer your question I don't think there are many... we do have an ACE Insurgency server which is up from time to time (as does Harzach although his might be more permanent).

I took my server down a while ago, unfortunately.

Currently online: Task Force 187, 3rd Ranger Battalion, 1st MSOB, 1st Battalion 1st Marines, maybe a few others. I was going to suggest MilGO, but it looks like they dropped A2 for A3 at some point, so their popular ACE/ACRE Ins server is gone.

Not really many options left. It looks like the future is upon us.

Iam fed up and tired with people constantly complaining about steam or Play with six. I have my arma II CO with all the DLCs and all my other games bought on steam, and i had no problem with it ever.

I also run my own small Arma 2 comunity. Most of the members had retail Arma II and Arma II OA and i had no problem to transfer it to steam, and patch to 1.63 for them.

Here is what you do:

0.Uninstall all arma II games and DLCs from your PC

1. Run Steam as Admin

2. open the "games menu" in upper left corner

3. Choose "activate game on steam"

4. Folow the instructions, and type your CD key where it is supposed to be.

5.Steam will download instal and patch the gam for you

6. Folow first 5 steps for Arma II and then for Arma II OA and all the DLCs unless you have Complete collection or Combined operations CD key.

7. Now when all is instaled, Run Arma II once then close

8. Run Arma II OA once.

9. Make sure You have Opt out from any betas, and dont use arma II OA beta

9b. If you have problems with ACR_DLC double check that you have opted out from any betas, restart Steam as Admin, And verify integrity of ARMA II OA game cache.

10. Now You have ARMA 2 CO 1,63 and all DLCs you own. It is started by running ARMA 2 OA in Your steam library, or ARMA 2 CO in Play with six. or make your own custom shortcut on your desktop.

Works every time i did instal it like that for six people so far with no problem.

I normaly strongly recomend using Play with six, but seeing you strugling with steam, its probably bad idea in your case.

Also there is almost no ACE servers out ther by now or i cant find any. All DAYZ, LIFE Wasteland or other useles shit.

It's not really subjective..

No, I meant the "ruined" part being subjective as in being my personal opinion/impression and is about more than just matchmaking/Gamespy or servers, much more is meant with this statement and goes deeper than on first look. ;-)

Also, sometimes people "tag" topics with quick, tangential replies so they remember to return with a better reply later.

Have to say, that was until now an unknown concept to me (don't spend much time on forums), so thanks for explaining.

Currently online: Task Force 187, 3rd Ranger Battalion, 1st MSOB, 1st Battalion 1st Marines,

Not really many options left. It looks like the future is upon us.

Thank you, that's what I wanted. :)

Iam fed up and tired with people constantly complaining about steam or Play with six.

Also there is almost no ACE servers out ther by now or i cant find any. All DAYZ, LIFE Wasteland or other useles shit.

Yep, did exactly that and get everything from immediate CTD to error 0x0000072 or something like that. I have a relatively slow connection and it took me more than 1.5 day to download everything from Steam (even though I had all the patched-up games, DLC's on the hdd I had to redownload everything - which did nothing positive for my mood nor my impression and opinion of Steam services) and then spent quite a few hours trying to get it to work. For naught.

With servers it's the exact same thing on A3, Life outnumbers every other kind with a great margin.

Edited by strelnikoff

Im in the same boat as the OP, I cant find any ACE servers (No results for some, and I dont wanna register for a Milsim in others) but I just installed all of ACE. If I cant find any servers, guess Ill uninstall.

Edit: Sorry for the necro, I didnt wanna start a new topic

Elite Warriors ACE Domination running atm. (ACE, ACEX, ACEXUsnavy,ACEXRU,ACEXSM)

b_560_95_1.png

Any servers With ACE and TFAR? I can Find few servers with ACE, but Most of them use no radiomod wich is unacceptable, few of them use ACRE, wich would not be problem for me, but few guys in my clan have problems running it. Only two servers i found that had TFAR in the name, didnt actualy have TFAR working.

Stupid question: If server uses old ACRE and i use your ACRE 1.5. Will it work together?

No, the api needs to be updated for both of them.

EDIT: no api conflict in MP with different versions. Versions ruled completely compatible. Server only needs 1.4.10 to enable client version 1.4.10 or 1.5

Tried it out in TS 3.0.16 and 3.0.18.1 plugin doesnt work for neither of them. "api version not compatible" api version 19  rquired 20

Aha ok. but i have everything 64bit will the 32bit plugin load?

EDIT: Never mind, tried, 32bit plugin wouldnt even load. 64bit one at least appear in the list as a red text.. 

32bit plugin will definately load. You need to launch the 32bit version of the teamspeak program and make sure its in the plugins folder. It doesn't matter if you have a 64bit system.

See edit in above post for new information about server compatibility.

updated dropbox link: https://db.tt/W3Hd2T8S

Ok i found Two servers with working TFAR.  One of them is Polish and it has Words Neostrada and Strefa Gier (or something like that) in its name, Other is Russian and its called NovGames.ru

I am contemplating learning Russian to play on their 100 person massive ACE missions....

Try Tushino comunity. They run Massive TvT battles. But you have to be member of approved clan to join.