dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

1 minute ago, WarhammerActual said:

Can you provide more detail than a condition in a condition and Trigger1_Con. 

i posted just before you did a clear explanation.do you understand it? if not tell me which part

Sorry if I am taking up your time, thank you for being so patient . I have linked a video showing what I am doing. Maybe this will help debug what I am doing wrong

27 minutes ago, WarhammerActual said:

Sorry if I am taking up your time, thank you for being so patient . I have linked a video showing what I am doing. Maybe this will help debug what I am doing wrong

Im sorry i forgot to mention. I the trigger condition field you also need to write

Trigger1_Con

let me know if it works. if not i do have another solution that will work. Sorry my mind is rusty today just spent a few hours in editor myself fixing stuff

Other solution...

Add an add action to the player or an object. In init field type

this addaction ["moveWP",{Trigger1_Con = true; publicVariable "Trigger_Con";}];

Then like i said before,in the original trigger condition add the line

Trigger1_Con

Now when you activate the add action,the units will move from waypoint...That will work Honestly there may be an easier way to do it but this will work

They now do not start moving automatically, but when I call for the trigger to fire via radio alpha , nothing is happening , same as in the video 

this addaction ["moveWP",{Trigger1_Con = true; publicVariable "Trigger_Con";}];               worked , they stay still , then move but I do not want text constantly showing on my screen and I really would like to be able to call for it via the radio when I choose. Any thoughts on how to get it to work with the radio .

4 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

might be an issue with that as im not sure the respawn will save the info in group leaders init

@WarhammerActual still looking into it just in the middle of something,friday night here.Theres a way to do this im sure but the link @sarogahtyp posted is worth looking at.I think Jebus can save an init line via a script call.

Also you could modify the waypoint condition to something else that could be viable such as a unit present in a location/repeatable etc.Wouldnt have any text on screen

Digression...

About radio triggers: Like any edited trigger with preset condition (blufor present, anybody present, radio alpha), the preset condition is checked on all PCs.

So radio trigger can be server only for a waypoint completion in editor, trigger synced (set trigger activation) on this edited waypoint.
The trigger repetition has no sense here. A waypoint is completed once you trigger the radio. (you can toggle the waypoint completion true/false in a cycle but it's not the problem as guess)

As redarmy wrote in previous pages, the radio trigger synced to the waypoint should work, because it fires the true condition for the trigger completion (set trigger activation and waypoint completion let as true, do not remove it!). I can't say why you experience some issue about that, but ,imho, possibly, you removed the default waypoint completion condition (true) or you replaced it or... you're not waiting for the path to be calculated (if long difficult path).

Another solution is scripted waypoints (you can easily pick the positions in 3den), added (addWaypoint) by script.

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Another solution is scripted waypoints (you can easily pick the positions in 3den), added (addWaypoint) by script.

Thank you for your response. I have done exactly that in the editor and the radio trigger activations do not work for me when I place the code in the leaders init. As soon as I drop the JEBUS code in they immediately begin to move out. 

I will try to reread this entire thread and see if someone has ran into this before.. Thanks again 

18 hours ago, WarhammerActual said:

Hi, I just had one question, I am trying to utilize your script so I can have AI controlled armored vehicles in a live fire/training environment with my unit. However,  I do NOT want the AI to move until I , call for them to move with a trigger (radio Alpha) but when I place them down in the editor while using your script , they ignore the trigger and begin automatically moving along their predefined waypoints.

Before you ask yes I have the trigger set up to work correctly. I disable your script and the AI will NOT move until I call for the Radio Alpha trigger. When I reactivate your script they ignore the trigger.

Any thoughts or help as to how to get this to work using your script? I need the AI to spawn back in after death so the training can continue and I do not have to constantly Zeus in more targets .

Thank you in advance 

Because JEBUS copies and deletes the units at mission start, any synchronisations to waypoints are lost.

What you could do is synchronise your trigger to the unit you are running JEBUS on. Then the units will spawn and start following their waypoints only when you trigger them.

I think as @dreadpirate said,its best to keep it simplistic.Simply have different groups of the same type you need for your scenario,spawn them in when needed via trigger(use another trigger to delete initial groups in need be) and then spawn the next identical groups in as desired.

Also DreadPirate infantry spawning in are sometimes(not sure why) loosing their custom init face wear such as balaclavas or masks.Is there also a way i can tweak it so that unit insignia on shoulder patch is remembered?

3 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

Because JEBUS copies and deletes the units at mission start, any synchronisations to waypoints are lost.

What you could do is synchronise your trigger to the unit you are running JEBUS on. Then the units will spawn and start following their waypoints only when you trigger them.

OK, Here's what I did , placed a fireteam, gave them 2 "MOVE" waypoints, in the init of the team leader I put the JEBUS code 

0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

Placed a trigger radio alpha, repeatable, sync'd that to the first waypoint activation, and sync'd it to the team leader. Upon activation of the radio trigger the units spawn, but then do not begin to move towards their waypoints. Did I do something incorrectly.. And a huge thank you to everyone assisting me . 

1 minute ago, WarhammerActual said:

OK, Here's what I did , placed a fireteam, gave them 2 "MOVE" waypoints, in the init of the team leader I put the JEBUS code 

0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

Placed a trigger radio alpha, repeatable, sync'd that to the first waypoint activation, and sync'd it to the team leader. Upon activation of the radio trigger the units spawn, but then do not begin to move towards their waypoints. Did I do something incorrectly.. And a huge thank you to everyone assisting me . 

Sync the radio trigger to the unit, not the waypoint.....

1 minute ago, dreadpirate said:

Sync the radio trigger to the unit, not the waypoint.....

I did and same effect. When I activate the radio, they spawn in, but do not move ...  Ill drop a quick video 

13 minutes ago, redarmy said:

I think as @dreadpirate said,its best to keep it simplistic.Simply have different groups of the same type you need for your scenario,spawn them in when needed via trigger(use another trigger to delete initial groups in need be) and then spawn the next identical groups in as desired.

Also DreadPirate infantry spawning in are sometimes(not sure why) loosing their custom init face wear such as balaclavas or masks.Is there also a way i can tweak it so that unit insignia on shoulder patch is remembered?

I'm using getUnitLoadout and setUnitLoadout, which should save and recreate the entire loadout, including facewear. Perhaps there is unit randomisation overriding this? I know some mods eg Community Factions Project run a randomisation script for facewear and headwear. Maybe this is happening after JEBUS has finished?

I'm not sure if there's a command for getting a units shoulder patch, but if there is, adding that feature shouldn't be too hard.....

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

I'm using getUnitLoadout and setUnitLoadout, which should save and recreate the entire loadout, including facewear. Perhaps there is unit randomisation overriding this? I know some mods eg Community Factions Project run a randomisation script for facewear and headwear. Maybe this is happening after JEBUS has finished?

I'm not sure if there's a command for getting a units shoulder patch, but if there is, adding that feature shouldn't be too hard.....

If i recall correctly facewear randomization is set for Factions such as FIA/guerrilla .For reference im using CSAT units/groups and Blufor NATO groups and it is happening on them.Which is why i thought its something in the script.And its not exactly applying anything random or replacing anything,its more just straight up not spawning units with these face wear items,but a different unit of same type,in same group,may actually spawn with it applied correctly.Just to be clear.

For unit shoulder patches,as nfar as i understand the insignia get overwritten on mission load and the default virtual arsenal does not have access to the insignias,if this is at all relevant.

13 minutes ago, redarmy said:

If i recall correctly facewear randomization is set for Factions such as FIA/guerrilla .For reference im using CSAT units/groups and Blufor NATO groups and it is happening on them.Which is why i thought its something in the script.And its not exactly applying anything random or replacing anything,its more just straight up not spawning units with these face wear items,but a different unit of same type,in same group,may actually spawn with it applied correctly.Just to be clear.

For unit shoulder patches,as nfar as i understand the insignia get overwritten on mission load and the default virtual arsenal does not have access to the insignias,if this is at all relevant.

It looks like I can get the insignia with getObjectTextures. Texture 0 is the uniform texture, texture 1 is the insignia texture. This should be pretty simple to add, I just want to make sure it doesn't break anything else when I do it.....

• Thanks 1

Sorry guys in advance, very new to utilizing forums and scripting in missions.

I'm trying to simply delete a group when BLUFOR is not in the immediate area (outside of 300m), and spawn them in when BLUFOR is in the area (around 300m). Any thoughts/ideas on what would be a good line/params to use?

3 hours ago, Crow.4120 said:

Sorry guys in advance, very new to utilizing forums and scripting in missions.

I'm trying to simply delete a group when BLUFOR is not in the immediate area (outside of 300m), and spawn them in when BLUFOR is in the area (around 300m). Any thoughts/ideas on what would be a good line/params to use?

0 = [this, "CACHE=", 300] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

This will hide the units (not completely delete them) when players are outside 300m and unhide them when players enter the area.

Is this what you're after?

3 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

0 = [this, "CACHE=", 300] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

This will hide the units (not completely delete them) when players are outside 300m and unhide them when players enter the area.

Is this what you're after?

Potentially. I don't want to have these units spawn in at the start of the mission, rather only spawn when a player gets near a certain radius of their position, if that makes any sense.

6 hours ago, Crow.4120 said:

Potentially. I don't want to have these units spawn in at the start of the mission, rather only spawn when a player gets near a certain radius of their position, if that makes any sense.

In that case, use the same initialisation and sync a trigger to that unit with 300m radius

Hello! I wanted to ask a little question if thats ok.

I used JEBUS in a Mission to create a Squad that Hunts the players via the BIS_FNC_stalk function, but it seems there is a conflict. The Units do, indeed respawn but they never chase the players. The Waypoint never gets created. When I delete the Jebus function from the Groups INI, it does work. Is there a workaround for this or is it just not possible to use Stalk + JEBUS?

Thanks for your help..