dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

On 12/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, sgtfuzzle17 said:

How does setting the "Probability of Presence" attribute in the editor affect spawning within this script? Will the probability be calculated on each respawn leading to potentially different amounts of units in subsequent patrols, or is it just decided on mission start and from there on out respawns will always see the amount set at the start of the mission?

Second option...

Trying to set something up using JEBUS again. I'm using it to limit the range on an air defence VLS - Its got a roughly 10km range by default, so I want to set it up that a trigger spawns the VLS system once OPFOR gets into a trigger over the area they're protecting. The issue is, I need them to despawn after there's no threats present, but with the potential ability to spawn again should threats come back. The way I've currently got it set up (which is working before considering the despawning).

• VLS placed with "0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" in init
  • This is synced to a trigger, with the parameters of "OPFOR present", so once they're "in range", the VLS spawns and fires.

I know exit triggers are a thing, however from my understanding that's more to do with disabling respawning rather than straight removing a unit. Any ideas?

10 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

I need them to despawn after there's no threats present, but with the potential ability to spawn again should threats come back.

Would CACHE or REDUCE work?

0 = [this, "CACHE=", 11000] spawn jebus_fnc_main;  //1000m buffer to allow them to unhide and re-simulate, then the 10000m coverage

With a trigger spawn, the units don't despawn after use, they just stop respawning when they run out of LIVES or have an EXIT. However, you could have the opfor present trigger repeatable and a deleteVehicle on the VLS on deactivation?

14 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Trying to set something up using JEBUS again. I'm using it to limit the range on an air defence VLS - Its got a roughly 10km range by default, so I want to set it up that a trigger spawns the VLS system once OPFOR gets into a trigger over the area they're protecting. The issue is, I need them to despawn after there's no threats present, but with the potential ability to spawn again should threats come back. The way I've currently got it set up (which is working before considering the despawning).

• VLS placed with "0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" in init
  • This is synced to a trigger, with the parameters of "OPFOR present", so once they're "in range", the VLS spawns and fires.

I know exit triggers are a thing, however from my understanding that's more to do with disabling respawning rather than straight removing a unit. Any ideas?

Here's the way I did it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ho7oivdkJX580Ls4qgDDaAbxuSeeilq2

(The deactivation code in the trigger deletes the vehicle and its crew when OPFOR has left the area)

On 12/29/2019 at 5:19 PM, dreadpirate said:

Here's the way I did it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ho7oivdkJX580Ls4qgDDaAbxuSeeilq2

(The deactivation code in the trigger deletes the vehicle and its crew when OPFOR has left the area)

Thanks! Just to double check, if you re-enter the original spawn trigger, will it respawn them again?

7 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Thanks! Just to double check, if you re-enter the original spawn trigger, will it respawn them again?

That's right.

@dreadpirate  enjoying your script very much, it has awakened a desire to make missions after a long absence. Finally, the frame rates I’ve been craving for years! 😍

I know I'm being a bit thick, but I’m getting on a bit now & never was much good with the scripting - if I only want a squad to spawn once (ie just as I put them down in the editor and not returning from the grave) what do number do I use for “LIVES”,x ?     

Is it 0, for no respawn, or 1, as in the Life they spawn with?

10 hours ago, guttersnipe said:

@dreadpirate  enjoying your script very much, it has awakened a desire to make missions after a long absence. Finally, the frame rates I’ve been craving for years! 😍

I know I'm being a bit thick, but I’m getting on a bit now & never was much good with the scripting - if I only want a squad to spawn once (ie just as I put them down in the editor and not returning from the grave) what do number do I use for “LIVES”,x ?     

Is it 0, for no respawn, or 1, as in the Life they spawn with?

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 1] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

Hey, love the mod. But I am having one minor problem. I want to spawn in Ravage Zombies. There are 3 zombies with this mod: bolter, runner, walker. I cannot get any of them to spawn. I can get normal civilians to spawn. This is another mod, so I can understand why it won't work. Right now I'd like to get one zombie_walker to respawn. I have this in their init: 0 = [this]  spawn jebus_fnc_main; ,<- removing that line to blank, the zombie will spawn in normally.  That line in the init makes any other unit respawn just fine. 

If I use a transport truck, put a civilian driver in it, load it up with ravage zombies and add the init line above on the truck, it works! I use a get out command and a scripted waypoint to my position. The zombies spawn in before the truck, get deleted, then the truck spawns in full of zombies and works fine. Kinda weird. I love Jebus. I really appreciate that you have kept updating this mod. This really should be vanilla. 

10 hours ago, xtrickyxx said:

Hey, love the mod. But I am having one minor problem. I want to spawn in Ravage Zombies. There are 3 zombies with this mod: bolter, runner, walker. I cannot get any of them to spawn. I can get normal civilians to spawn. This is another mod, so I can understand why it won't work. Right now I'd like to get one zombie_walker to respawn. I have this in their init: 0 = [this]  spawn jebus_fnc_main; ,<- removing that line to blank, the zombie will spawn in normally.  That line in the init makes any other unit respawn just fine. 

If I use a transport truck, put a civilian driver in it, load it up with ravage zombies and add the init line above on the truck, it works! I use a get out command and a scripted waypoint to my position. The zombies spawn in before the truck, get deleted, then the truck spawns in full of zombies and works fine. Kinda weird. I love Jebus. I really appreciate that you have kept updating this mod. This really should be vanilla. 

There may be special Ravage scripts running on zombies that are interfering. You might have to ask in the Ravage thread about spawning zombies via script....

If I get a chance over the weekend, I'll look into it.....