ImperialAlex

"Fixed" Arsenal - an Arsenal-improving workaround

Since it's being included in 1.64, can we expect a patch to include this functionality?

Maybe at some point - if I ever get around to working on this mod again. However whoever wants to go and take a stab at it is free to fork the code over on github :)

I know this thread is probably dead by now, but is there any way to whitelist an item such as the Long range radio backpacks that TFAR uses. We've been using this mod for a while now on my server and we're running the antistasi mod at the moment, and it shows that item and the rangefinder for some reason as not whitelisted.

Thanks.

I know this thread is probably dead by now, but is there any way to whitelist an item such as the Long range radio backpacks that TFAR uses. We've been using this mod for a while now on my server and we're running the antistasi mod at the moment, and it shows that item and the rangefinder for some reason as not whitelisted.

Thanks.

I'm no longer actively developing new versions of the mod (at least as long as the current one keeps working) but I'm happy to assist :) What exactly is your issue? Plenty of people are using the mod with TFAR backpacks and rangefinders showing up fine, so I'd need more information about the error you're getting and the whitelists your're using.

Remember that some items in arma are sorted into funny categories. The long range backpack radios are, unsurprisingly backpacks rather than items and therefore need to be added to the backpack whitelist. The rangefinder might be a weapon rather than an item. If in doubt, add it to both the item as well as the weapons whitelist. Have a look at this sample script which shows TFAR radios being handled properly, among other things.

OK, I believe its something to do with the scripting on the antistasi mods side because I just looked at the PBO file on the xla mod and it shows the tf_rt1523g_big whitelisted. But the error that we get on the server is that the item is not a whitelist item when we do a saved load out, same thing with the rangefinders even though they are unlocked in the arsenal. I am not 100% sure why that is.

I looked through the antistasi mods PBO and all of their arsenal functions use the XLA_fnc_xxxxx, and underneath it says else BIS_fnc_xxxx, so im not sure if that might be conflicting with it or not. 

On the other hand, it may not be an actual unlockable item with in the antistasi mod.

It honestly sounds like you're having an issue with the antistasi mod rather than my mod. If you can reproduce your issue in vanilla + XLA then I'm happy to have a look, otherwise I'd recommend talking to the antistasi mod authors (I'm happy to help them with integrating my mod, I think I've got one of them on steam, iirc)

Does anyone have a premade config for RHS or CUP... or am I not understanding the use of the mod, correctly?  I am thinking that I can use this to restrict arsenal items to remove all default items save for those that are appropriate for use with RHS or CUP

13 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Does anyone have a premade config for RHS or CUP... or am I not understanding the use of the mod, correctly?  I am thinking that I can use this to restrict arsenal items to remove all default items save for those that are appropriate for use with RHS or CUP

Yes, you can use this mod to filter what things you want to appear. As a matter of fact, even the vanilla arsenal can do this, my mod just improves a few areas where the vanilla arsenal is a bit annoying to deal with. 

There's sadly no real easy way to get a good whitelist (=list of classnames of things you want to allow), but you can start with this list  (example script that's part of the addon) but it's now over two years old so maybe somebody else can help you with a more up-to-date list :)

after the last update 3.11.0.1 АСЕ3 , your mod does not show in the arsenal of items like:

"ACE_epinephrine",
    "ACE_UAVBattery",
    "ACE_personalAidKit",
    "ACE_atropine",
    "ACE_EarPlugs",
    "ACE_Clacker",
    "ACE_tourniquet",
    "ACE_SpottingScope",
    "ACE_MapTools",
    "ACE_CableTie",
      "ACE_DeadManSwitch",
     "ACE_DefusalKit",
      "ACE_bloodIV_500",
      "ACE_morphine",
      "ACE_Tripod",
      "ACE_Cellphone",
      "ACE_RangeCard",
     "ACE_packingBandage",
     "ACE_quikclot",
      "ACE_elasticBandage",
      "ACE_fieldDressing",
      "ACE_RangeTable_82mm",
      "ACE_wirecutter",
      "ACE_adenosine",
      "ACE_ATragMX",
      "ACE_DAGR",
      "ACE_EntrenchingTool",
      "ACE_Flashlight_MX991",
      "ACE_HuntIR_monitor",
      "ACE_Kestrel4500",
      "ACE_Flashlight_KSF1",
      "ACE_Flashlight_XL50"

although some ace-items show - for example, an altimeter) . Vanilla first aid kit and tool  does not show.
In our mission did not change anything very long time and it all worked. When installing the old version of ACE3 things all.
In your exemplary mission, items from ace are also not displayed  (XLA_FixedArsenalExample.Stratis)
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, topden said:

after the last update 3.11.0.1 АСЕ3

FYI its not so much that the ace update broke this mod, but the cba update that added new categories for mods to store their items in, which ace now uses.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/pull/744

Edited by SnakeDocc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys! I've been made aware of this, if I remember correctly CBA does 'something' to make their items work in the vanilla arsenal, I will have to check what that is. Earliest possible date for a fix would be this weekend though :(

As a temporary workaround, try using the force-add feature that's already a part of the mod. I know some Bundeswehr mod items had similar issues and using force-add worked for those... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ImperialAlex said:

using force-add worked for those... 

sry, can you write command for it?  for example how force-add "ACE_RangeCard"?

@topden I just noticed some helpful person has already fixed this issue and submitted the fix on github, I just completely missed it because my github notifications for that account didn't go to my main email. I'll release a fixed version tomorrow :)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Any chance of a script version of this?

I've tried making it script-only but I don't understand enough of the UI-scripting/config/etc to port it to a script-only system. The official documentation for dialogs/UI is, quite frankly, garbage. There are some helpful tutorials out there but nothing that really helps me 'grok' how UI works in Arma. If somebody has some UI expertise, they're more than welcome to try their hand at porting this to a script: https://github.com/ImperialAlex/XLA_FixedArsenal 

Edited by ImperialAlex
put more words in ;)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ImperialAlex said:

I've tried making it script-only but I don't understand enough of the UI-scripting/config/etc work to port it to a script-only system. If somebody has some UI expertise, they're more than welcome to try their hand at porting this to a script: https://github.com/ImperialAlex/XLA_FixedArsenal 

OK thanks mate. This is so useful I might consider relaxing my 'vanilla only' rule. :)

• Like 1

This mod has been updated to v3.1.2 (see first page for updated links). Steam/PwS have been updated :) 
* CBA_MiscItem is now supported (e.g. ACE items in newer versions of ACE3)

Thanks for your patience and thanks to Willard (@TheNiner on GitHub) for submitting the fix for this issue!