Sign in to follow this  
OF-maximus

In game jingles

Dont know if this were answered before, but can anyone give an complete instruction how to use the user sounds?

I know that you can use .ogg files and play them with the ingame-menu (backslash - 0 - 9....). Any instruction from BI for this function?

Because of the missunderstood of this function, somebody told me that we can only use .wav Files. Now i found out that you can use the very smaller .ogg file-format....

Use .ogg files to make the file size smaller. And there's going to be restrictions on the file sizes in the next patch, 40kb in size and a max of 10 sounds.

-=Die Alive=-

oh my god...don't spread this. It's annoying enough when playing with/against Maximus. Such a 'feature' belongs to Quake, but not to a game which tries to be somewhat realistic. It's spoils the atmosphere at least as much as Vienna's so called maps do. I wouldn't mind if the next patch would cut this play sample option again. I haven't seen it being used in a useful way yet. Just simpson/southpark/hollywood/whatever jingles.

Totally agree, if anything, simply allow the option for the server to totally disable the use of custom sounds. Which I will definately enforce.

Custom sounds are, and always will be banned on Gameplanet.

You want to listen to Chris Rock one-liners while playing online go play Counter-Striker or something.

its damn annoyin to have the same sounds spammed by sumone expesically if its 20secs long, i hope it can be disabled by the server, but i hope no one messes with the faces i luv my target face much better than those borin camo faces

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Sep. 19 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its damn annoyin to have the same sounds spammed by sumone expesically if its 20secs long, i hope it can be disabled by the server, but i hope no one messes with the faces i luv my target face much better than those borin camo faces<span id='postcolor'>

Yes this is my opinion too. This is the reason, that we need an complete instruction - if not, a lot of server would be unplayable, because of to big jingles.

In this moment you can´t disable this feature, we have to life with that.

For me its funny, but not needed for ofp.

But you can make some 1KB Files - there empty, but you can use the filename to post some messages, like "im at the enemy flag". This would be an nice feature, because you dont need to type the most frequendet messages.....

You can use .txt Files to post a message ingame too. There are 0KB small. Thats nice ;-)

The .txt Files have to be in the sound dir (like the .ogg Files).