Sign in to follow this  
MarcusJClifford

Helicopter with aimable minigun

Is there an addon out there that is a standard UH60 / OH-58 /AH-6 Littlebird that has a MiniGun. I have seen one or two that have fixed miniguns, but I want an aimable one as with the default UH60-MG.

I hope Ballistics studios (or whatever their called now) will be working on these next.

There is one in the works, (which I will be beta testing soon) but there's no planned release date. It will be the UH-60 model from the demo with a brand spankin new minigun on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Sep. 17 2002,23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is one in the works, (which I will be beta testing soon) but there's no planned release date. It will be the UH-60 model from the demo with a brand spankin new minigun on it.<span id='postcolor'>

Will this be a MH-60 or just a regular UH-60? I hope that they include a GAU-2 minigun on their MH-60 Pavehawks as well as a refueling probe, radar, and FLIR on it.

Frandsen made a nice MH-60 a long time ago, but unfortunately it was never updated for 1.75. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You could add a minigun to a UH-60 with the addweapon/magazine command. It wouldn't look any different but it'd be better then nothing for the time being. Also does the MH-60 mention above work at all for Resis. If it does, does anyone have a link?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Sep. 18 2002,01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You could add a minigun to a UH-60 with the addweapon/magazine command.  It wouldn't look any different but it'd be better then nothing for the time being.  Also does the MH-60 mention above work at all for Resis.  If it does, does anyone have a link?<span id='postcolor'>

The version made by Frandsen works in 1.75 except that the rotors are all messed up. When the engine is off, the rotor looks as if it's moving sort of. It just looks really wierd.

It's called "Blackhawk2" and can be found at:

http://www.operation-flashpoint.dk/ASP/aspsites/flyaddon.asp

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yeah wait for Ballistic Studios ver..

Its a pity that you cant have a kit-out screen pre mission to choose weapons on vehicles... similar to the "gear" page that appears on the pre-mission briefing page...

oh well!

I am making the UH-60 that KtottE was talking about, and the first beta version is coming out tonight, it uses the demo UH-60 model with a finalised version of this minigun.gif little beauty.

i am keeping the origonal textures, and performance so as to retain comonality with the current ingame model. This is so that you guys can have a working uh-60 with m134 7.62mm, 6 barrel, gatling principle, minigun. If I can find the code to make the barrels spin, and have the turret move i will include it, however if you notice on the AH-1 when BIS implemented the barrel spinning function the turret ceased to aim (the turret animations for aiming did not function, therefor the barrels point foreward at all times)

The first version (v0.1), which i will release to KtottE first tonight will have the minigun implemented, without the spinning barrels. And will be a purely Beta testing version only.

I will update THIS thread with any additional releases, and updates.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Sep. 17 2002 @ 23:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will this be a MH-60 or just a regular UH-60?<span id='postcolor'>

This will be a normal UH-60 with the M134 (GAU-2/14 Depending what service you are in; army/navy/air force) Minigun Armament Subsystem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Sep. 18 2002 @ 02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The version made by Frandsen works in 1.75 except that the rotors are all messed up. When the engine is off, the rotor looks as if it's moving sort of.<span id='postcolor'>

This is due to a cfgModels problem between ver 1.46, and 1.75. This addon wil be primarily for 1.75, but if there is enough demand i will make a 1.46 version aswell.

here is an ingame pic, still working on the config though

m134.gif

From the test's I have done, you can't get a spinning barrel and a moveable one at the same time.

SelectThis

cheers for the info Select, i feared that would be the case sad.gif

oh well, we've still got a big old MINIGUN!!!!!!!!!! wink.gif

I'm trying to get a moveable minigun on the AH-6J for BAS, and i tried out a few tests...but i soon found out that you cant get the miniguns barrels to rotate all at the same time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ Sep. 18 2002,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cheers for the info Select, i feared that would be the case  sad.gif

oh well, we've still got a big old MINIGUN!!!!!!!!!!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's ok. From your screen shots it still looks fantastic! Hopefully these new blackhawks will become standards for most people (like Adammo's Little Birds) since in real life most of the blackhawks fly in combat zones with the GAU-2.

Plus it will make doorgunning MUCH funner and much more effective. I hope you keep the fire-rate nice and high and include plenty of ammo. smile.gif

I had gotten pretty good at using the M2 .50 cal in MP games, but it would be nice to be able to have a decent chance of hitting something while moving at a high rate of speed so the pilot doesn't have to hover or fly slow (and get shot at). Also I hope that you keep the bullets non-explosive as they are in real life (just regular 7.62mm). Please no exploding bullets!

For a gun sound you might use the one that the G8 MOD team used on their aircraft (on the AMX fighter and Tornado). That one is the most realistic sounding gattling gun sound that I've heard so far. Well...at least unless they recorded it themselves or bought the sound. But otherwise it shouldn't require any permission as most of the sounds people are using in addons (with the exception of the Satchel sound pack) come from open sources (or in some cases other games). Oh but they may have done some editing to it so it wouldn't hurt to ask their permission or give them credit for the sound or something like that unless you can find another good gattling gun sound that'll work well.

Anyways, thanks for the information and I'm VERY VERY much looking forward to trying out your beta addon!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

How about one with an M60 on the side, and a Army Air Corp Chinook with minigun, since they're actualy standard on AAC Chinooks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskiesrule @ Sep. 18 2002,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about one with an M60 on the side, and a Army Air Corp Chinook with minigun, since they're actualy standard on AAC Chinooks.<span id='postcolor'>

To do a chinook the entire chinook would have to be re-done from scratch. The only BIS models that can be modified are the ones that came with the demo. The ones in the full game (and the official addons are not accessible with Oxygen or other 3d modelling tools unfortunately.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Actually the real minigun (the gatling gun is the 19th century version) sounds more like a chainsaw or a lawnmower even more. I once found the sound of a real one firing, dont remember the site. :/

that would be true apart from the fact bis left an early mlod ch-47 in the ch-47 .pbo, it has the first lod and the pilot/gunner but nothing else, it wouldve been nice to find out earlier but once flipers tool is out we will be able to use the whole p3d, it does help for making different versions though, then you just copy/paste once the tool is out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Sep. 19 2002,02:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that would be true apart from the fact bis left an early mlod ch-47 in the ch-47 .pbo, it has the first lod and the pilot/gunner but nothing else, it wouldve been nice to find out earlier but once flipers tool is out we will be able to use the whole p3d, it does help for making different versions though, then you just copy/paste once the tool is out<span id='postcolor'>

Wow! So does that mean that we should expect to see some Special Ops MH-47's with miniguns refueling probes, FLIR's, radars, ect.. coming out soon? I hope so!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Sep. 19 2002,01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually the real minigun (the gatling gun is the 19th century version) sounds more like a chainsaw or a lawnmower even more. I once found the sound of a real one firing, dont remember the site. :/<span id='postcolor'>

True, but the minigun operates on the same principles as the gattling gun although obviously much improved from the ones used way back during the Spanish-American War for example. Alot of people still call rotating multi-barrel machine guns/cannon "gattling guns". Miniguns, gattling guns...it's all good. As for the sound, from the ones I've heard they sound fairly close to the one used by the G8 mod team on their aircraft. Perhaps the pitch might be a little higher due to the higher caliber, but not much. I also like how the G8 sound speeds up and slows down like on the real thing. Much better at any rate, then the default BIS cannon sounds or the M2 .50 cal sound.

The G8 sound I think would work very nicely. Just adjust the pitch a little and it would probably be spot on.

I actually have a friend who's a USAF HH-60 flight engineer and who routinely fires the GAU-2. I'll ask him to see if he knows of any good recordings of one being fired.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>