lecks

ASOR Gear Selector

@opendome: Unfortunately, without an error, it's a bit hard to work out what's going wrong :(. It might be worth trying the version at http://asor.com.au under downloads (just keep your config.sqf file).

Hi Lecks,

thanks for replying!

I use the version from ASOR (1.5), using included Blacklist...

This in config:

Only for testing (no weapons), i start with this:

//ASORGS_Whitelist_BLU_F = [

//MAGAZINES

'HandGrenade',

'SmokeShell', //M83 Smoke Grenade (White)

'SmokeShellRed', //M18 Smoke Grenade (Red)

Ends with this

//INSIGNIAS

'ALPHA_PAT', //ALPHA

'ALPHA_PAT2', //ALPHA2

'BRAVO_PAT', //BRAVO

'BRAVO_PAT2', //BRAVO2

'CHARLIE_PAT', //CHARLIE

'CHARLIE_PAT2', //CHARLIE2

'CMD_PAT', //CMD 1

'CMD_PAT2', //CMD 2

'ARMOUR_PAT1', //ARMOUR

'AIR_PAT1', //AIR 1

'AIR_PAT2', //AIR 2

'NAV_PAT1' //NAVAL

]; //show items for all NATO (class name BLU_F) units

@Flipper: you'll need to remove the // before the first line. It 'comments' the line making it as if nothing is there. Other than that, it looks right to me.

Thanks for the ASOR Gear Selector, Lecks! I really like the layout and customisability you've provided. Works fantastic with the ASOR vehicle spawner aswell and gives a mission an sense of consistancy. Good job!

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the ASOR Gear Selector, Lecks! I really like the layout and customisability you've provided. Works fantastic with the ASOR vehicle spawner aswell and gives a mission an sense of consistancy. Good job!

As deleyt said. Nice job Lecks. ;)

Is it possible to use this selector in scenario missions ?

(Like scenarios you get from steam etc)

If possible, how do you get it to work ??

(I understand close to nothing...make that nothing of script stuff a the sorts)

mission makers have to build this into the mission just like VAS works the same way all the mission i have using ASOR Gear Selector

Yeah, as Ice Age said, it's up to the mission maker to include ASOR Gear Selector or whatever means of equipping players they want.

I'm not sure how updated it is or anything (I don't have anything to do with it), but there is this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26293 which I believe lets you place a box with ASORGS with Zeus.

Here's an unrelated pic of a new feature I've been working on today (icons to show what mod stuff is from):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14576264/2015-02-15_00001.jpg (693 kB)

Really enjoying this mod and those new features look fantastic ! One odd thing I noticed is that since the last update I no longer see an insignia slot and I was also wondering how did you add the CSE items?

Thanks! :D

Seems I've broken the insignia slot at some point. I'll fix it before next release, thanks for reporting it.

Regarding CSE, the script scans your config files and adds everything it can find and (tries to) categorize them. I haven't used CSE so can't say if it works properly. There's some stuff in the config where you can force things into medical/explosives/grenades/misc if they're being categorized incorrectly.

Hmmm..trying to incorporate both ASOR Gear Selector and Vehicle Selector but for some reason I'm getting this message on ASORGS: "Resource ASORGS_Main_Dialog not found" and the gear selector does not show.

ASORVS works flawlessly.

Any idea what the issue is wit ASORGS?

EDIT 2 min. later: Never mind. Issue is resolved. Somehow "#include "ASORGS\menu.hpp"" was not copied into description.ext. When it was, it worked straightaway. :o

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Lecks, have you build in a variable that controls the position (vertical and horizontal) of the entire dialogmenu (like a spacer)?

A platoonlist currently running on the left side is overlapping the Gear Selector and I would like to move the Gear Selector slightly to the right and down.

Tried finding a unified variable but was not able to find it.

Edited by deleyt

Very cool script. It would be nice if it could be implemented in benny's CTI, but for this it would need limited options for BLUFOR/OPFOR and it should be able display a $ (cost calue). Will it be possible to set the loadouts for my AI- team members as well?

@deleyt: Not really sure what you want to move to where, but it would probably be in the defines at the top of menu.hpp and/or fn_UpdateUI.sqf. I think these are the only files that effect the positioning. I might be able to help further with a screenshot or something.

@rlex: err yeh.. time flies.

@gabberxxl: Not really sure how I'd do a price thing (and it wouldn't fit in anything we use it for), but I wouldn't complain if someone edited it to fit CTI or similar. You can already set side or faction specific blacklists/whitelists. You can set up another squad mate or any unit by calling (assuming the unit is named SQUADIE2 in the editor):

[sQUADIE2] execvm "ASORGS\open.sqf"; 

but how/where you call that is up to you.

@deleyt: Not really sure what you want to move to where, but it would probably be in the defines at the top of menu.hpp and/or fn_UpdateUI.sqf. I think these are the only files that effect the positioning. I might be able to help further with a screenshot or something.

Here's a screenshot of the platoonlist on the left running through the ASORGS:

ASORGS_dialog_shift.jpg

What would solve the issue, is if the entire ASORGS dialog could be moved to the right so it does not run over the platoonlist.

I searched through your variables but none of the ones I tried, actually moved the entire dialog but adjusted the cellwidth so to speak.

I basically want to keep the entire ASORGS intact, just offset on X in a positive direction with a general variable (if possible).

On a side note1:

Are you now or will you maybe in the future incorporate an option to apply unit class based restrictions aswell? (IE: restricted availability of weapons, gear and items for different classes like teamleaders, AT, Medic, etc).

Sidenote2:

Those addon icons on the side in your new update look great. Very handy to know which weapon comes with which addon.

Nice looking logo in the background aswell! What is the imageresolution and format of the logo you're using? Mine doesn't seem to come out as crisp and detailed.

Edited by deleyt

deleyt: Ok, so it seems I didn't base the left side off a define, but just off safeZoneX. The steps to move it are:

In menu.hpp:

1. Search/replace safezoneX with LEFT_START

2. Add a line up near the top with #define LEFT_START (safeZoneX + 0.2)

3. In class closeButton, around line 635, change the x= line back to x = safezoneX +safezoneW - ITEM_WIDTH*2;

Do step 1 and 2 from menu.hpp in both fn_UpdateUIShow.sqf and fn_updateCapacity.sqf.

I'll leave this LEFT_START define in my version to make it easier in future versions. You'll just have to edit the defines in those 3 files.

Side note 1:

Yes. Here's the code change to allow unit class specific blacklists/whitelists. This is in fn_ReloadMainDialog.sqf starting at line 24.

_sideBlacklistName = format["ASORGS_Blacklist_%1", side ASORGS_Player];
_sideBlacklist = missionNamespace getVariable _sideBlacklistName;
if(isNil '_sideBlacklist') then {_sideBlacklist = [];};

_factionName = faction ASORGS_Player;
_factionBlacklistName = format["ASORGS_Blacklist_%1", side ASORGS_Player];
_factionBlacklist = missionNamespace getVariable _factionBlacklistName;
if(isNil '_factionBlacklist') then {_factionBlacklist = [];};

_unitBlacklist = missionNamespace getVariable format["ASORGS_Blacklist_%1", typeOf ASORGS_Player];
if(isNil '_unitBlacklist') then { _unitBlacklist = []; };

ASORGS_RuntimeBlacklist = _sideBlacklist + _factionBlacklist + _unitBlacklist;

_sideWhitelistName = format["ASORGS_Whitelist_%1", side ASORGS_Player];
_sideWhitelist = missionNamespace getVariable _sideWhitelistName;
if(isNil '_sideWhitelist') then {_sideWhitelist = [];};

_factionName = faction ASORGS_Player;
_factionWhitelistName = format["ASORGS_Whitelist_%1", side ASORGS_Player];
_factionWhitelist = missionNamespace getVariable _factionWhitelistName;
if(isNil '_factionWhitelist') then {_factionWhitelist = [];};

_unitWhitelist = missionNamespace getVariable format["ASORGS_Whitelist_%1", typeOf ASORGS_Player];
if(isNil '_unitWhitelist') then { _unitWhitelist = []; };
ASORGS_RuntimeWhitelist = _sideWhitelist + _factionWhitelist + _unitWhitelist;

You can then add, for example ASORGS_Blacklist_B_Soldier_F = ["whatever"]; to config.sqf to blacklist extra stuff for that soldier class.

Side note 2: It's a 2048x2048 paa in a mod file. Note that because it's part of the 3d environment rather than part of the UI, your texture detail in graphics settings will effect how sharp it looks.

Unfortunately I may not be able to include the mod icons unless BIS makes some changes or adds a way of getting the icon. It only works if mods are in the Arma 3 folder, otherwise it gives an error popup. It basically uses the new scripting command configModSource to get the folder, then manually parses the mod.cpp file in that folder to get the picture (there's a new setting to list mods that don't have one). This only works if mods are in the Arma 3 folder though :(.

EDIT: Sorry, should have said fn_UpdateUIShow, not fn_UpdateUI.

Edited by Lecks

In menu.hpp:

1. Search/replace safezoneX with LEFT_START

2. Add a line up near the top with #define LEFT_START (safeZoneX + 0.2)

3. In class closeButton, around line 635, change the x= line back to x = safezoneX +safezoneW - ITEM_WIDTH*2;

Do step 1 and 2 from menu.hpp in both fn_UpdateUIShow.sqf and fn_updateCapacity.sqf.

I'll leave this LEFT_START define in my version to make it easier in future versions. You'll just have to edit the defines in those 3 files.

EDIT: Sorry, should have said fn_UpdateUIShow, not fn_UpdateUI.

Thanks for your reply. Works like a charm! I already noticed that it was fn_UpdateUIShow, but thanks for the fix.

The spacing works correctly now and the menu runs nicely besides the platoonlist :) (see image below).

Unit class specific blacklists/whitelists. You can then add, for example ASORGS_Blacklist_B_Soldier_F = ["whatever"]; to config.sqf to blacklist extra stuff for that soldier class.

I have it working but it's behaving unexpectedly (for me at least) on whitelisting:

I've blacklisted everything, which clears the inventory for everyone. Then added the items based on their class by whitelisting like so:

Code in fn_ReloadMainDialog.sqf (with your previously suggested codefix in place ofcourse):

// Blacklist
ASORGS_Blacklist = []; //hide items for all

// Whitelist
//You can also add a whitelist per side and/or per faction. Items in this list MUST also be in ASORGS_Whitelist if it exists.
ASORGS_Whitelist = ["arifle_MX_GL_F","arifle_MXC_F"];	// weapons/items available	
ASORGS_Whitelist_B_officer_F	= ["arifle_MX_GL_F"];	// these weapons/items only available for officer class	
ASORGS_Whitelist_B_medic_F	= ["arifle_MXC_F"];	// these weapons/items only available for medic class

For testing purposes I only have two classes with each their own weapon, nothing else.

When testing, the inventory indeed is empty, except the MXGL and MXC, which are whitelisted.

Both units see the MXGL and MXC and are able to equip it inside ASORGS. Which I consider as strange behaviour because they should only be able to see the whitelisted items for their unit class.

If I then continu and equip a unit with a weapon he is not whitelisted for and close ASORGS, the weapon is not issued, which is correct behaviour.

Image of a Medic Class that should only be able to get the MXC, not the MXGL but still is able to:

2015_03_01_00001.jpg

Should it not only be able for the units to see and equip the whitelisted items?

The way it is now, players have to trial and error which weapons they are allowed and which ones not as they see all whitelisted weapons. That can't be right, right?

BTW1: selecting the closebutton doesn't always seem to work...seems like random for now but trying to figure out more when exactly. Will notify when I find out.

EDIT: Found the issue with the closebutton. Whenever nothing is selected in the menu (IE: highlighted), the closebutton is disabled. Bug?

BTW2: due to the fact that you're adding a "stagedoll" to the scene, any mission that keeps track of units inside a mission and list them (like I have on the left), it inconveniently adds the stagedoll as a player unit, which is a bit confusing. I'm not sure if this can be solved through your script though. Is your stagedoll conscidered a player unit?

Edited by deleyt

Please could someone give me a dummy guide to using this? Where do I put the files? Thank you and excuse my stupidity.

Please could someone give me a dummy guide to using this? Where do I put the files? Thank you and excuse my stupidity.

you no how to use VAS ? is so same way. if not put the main folder in you mission folder

put this in your description.ext

#include "ASORGS\menu.hpp"

if you dont have a file that is called description.ext just make one using notepad or something like that hope that helps

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "ASORGS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};

and put this in the int of the ammo box

this addAction["<t color=#111111'>Gear Select</t>", "execvm 'ASORGS\open.sqf'];

and your all set

@Deleyt:

Regarding the whitelists, I'll have to look further into your example, but the way it's designed to work (not saying it's 100%), is you should blacklist/whitelist to allow everything except what you want available to ANYONE, and then create side/unit/faction specific whitelists/blacklists to choose what's available out of those items. To be honest, as we only use blacklists, whitelists are largely untested, so I would do the above with blacklists only.

I'll quickly explain how it works. First it loads all items at the start (builddatabase.sqf), which is when the overall blacklist/whitelist is applied (ASORGS_Blacklist / ASORGS_Whitelist). Things that are blacklisted or aren't whitelisted won't be in the database at all. Then, when you open the gear selector, the extra blacklists/whitelists are combined into ASORGS_RuntimeBlacklist/RuntimeWhitelist which is checked when adding items to the lists or loading presets, etc. using fn_IsAllowed.

Will have a look later today to see if I can work out why your example isn't working (what you pasted alone with no blacklist should work afaik).

BTW1

Regarding the close button, this will be due to moving everything to the left. I forgot that there's an invisible control over the whole screen that you can click/drag to move the camera which will now be overlapping the close button for you. To fix it, you'll need to edit menu.hpp again. In the class rotateDragThing somewhere around line 500, you'll need to change:

w=safezoneW - TOTAL_WIDTH - ITEM_HEIGHT*2 - (LEFT_START - safezoneX);

BTW2

Not sure if this can be helped. I guess it depends on what the tracking thing does. The clone is created in fn_cameraStart and deleted in fn_cameraEnd. Maybe you could make him civilian instead of the side of your player or something?

ASORGS_Group = createGroup side ASORGS_Player;

ASORGS_Clone = ASORGS_Group createUnit [typeOf ASORGS_Player, _clonepos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

menu.hpp:

New closebutton code fixed the bug ;)

fn_cameraStart:

Changing:

ASORGS_Group = createGroup side ASORGS_Player;

to:

ASORGS_Group = createGroup independent;

did the trick aswell ;) Using Independent seemed the safest bet because they were the only faction not used in the mission.

Looking good sofar! :D

Black/whitelist:

Thanks for explaining how the inventory on blacklist/whitelist works. I think most of the previous posters' (including me) inability to apply blacklists/whitelists might come from the misunderstanding of this methode?

I will have to do some more testing and see if I understand it correctly and if I'm actually able to use this the way you intended or if it's simply a bug as you said you didn't test whitelisting quite extensively.

EDIT: After some testing I'm getting more confused by the minute. Can you upload your config.sqf where you have your gear blacklisted and whitelisted? It might explain a lot.

I also found some bugs:

1) Start ASORGS. Continuously click on "NONE" of any of the weapon attachements (rail, scope, muzzle) and it toggles the ACO on and off on the primary weapon, even if no ACO was selected and the selection was for a rail attachment for instance. Eventualy the script breaks: no selection can be made, with the only option to close ASORGS. ASORGS can not be accessed after that as it's "busy" (IE: locked) initialising the gear from the first visit. Can't seem to reproduce error. It happend though, so will try some more.

2) Main weapon "suppressor" list is not showing up on first visit of ASORGS (see image below) Once a preset slot is chosen, the suppressor label is added.

3) RCO is not listed in main weapon scope list. It is however listed in "spare attach" (see image below)

2015_03_02_00001.jpg

4) Main weapon scope isn't transfered to the stagedoll weapon. Tried an MXC and MXGL with ACO and RCO and everytime the scope was not present on the stagedoll weapon (bug might be related to 1 or 3?).

5) Not really a bug but missing: some launchers use attachments too (TF47 MAAWS uses a scope for instance) but I don't think your script takes it into account. Might be usefull to add attachements for launchers aswell.

Thanks for your continuous help and support! :ok:

Edited by deleyt