Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Ivory Aircraft - UH-1Y Venom

these are your choppers right ? they remember me to the screenshots you show before.

also in the youtube video the police chopper looks the same.

didn´t you say you lost them in a hdd-crash ? i am confused now.

I lost the source files to every single one of my past addons but have an early backup for them. For the 206 though, I have no sources whatsoever, only a binarized copy from Aug 6.

Not wanting to let my work go to waste, and at the same time not having to worry about being guilty about not being able to update the mod, I lent it to my friends over at A3L.

Are you going to use the 7 shot rocket pods from the Arma 2 model or are you considering up gunning it to 19 shot pods? I only ask because in several real world pics, including the one lucapec just posted, the "Venom" is rocking 19 shot pods.

Are you going to use the 7 shot rocket pods from the Arma 2 model or are you considering up gunning it to 19 shot pods? I only ask because in several real world pics, including the one lucapec just posted, the "Venom" is rocking 19 shot pods.

That's interesting in all the documentaries about Iraq and Afghanistan I've watched, they always have the 7 rocket pods.

That's interesting in all the documentaries about Iraq and Afghanistan I've watched, they always have the 7 rocket pods.

Then again in most of those documentaries it was probably the N model, not the new and improved Y upgrade. As for the N model all I've ever seen were 7 shot pods as well.

Then again in most of those documentaries it was probably the N model, not the new and improved Y upgrade. As for the N model all I've ever seen were 7 shot pods as well.

I've no idea, I wouldn't be able to differentiate them.

I've no idea, I wouldn't be able to differentiate them.

The rotor blades are as good a place as any to start, the older N model has two where as the new Y model has four, also if you look at the engine/ transmission( I'm not so up to date on helo nomenclature) setup underneath the main rotor, the Y model's sits higher and looks more intricate. Also look for subtle differences in the airframe itself. I want to say the Y model can lift more thanks to the new engines and four blade rotor system, but I'll swear nothing:)

The rotor blades are as good a place as any to start, the older N model has two where as the new Y model has four, also if you look at the engine/ transmission( I'm not so up to date on helo nomenclature) setup underneath the main rotor, the Y model's sits higher and looks more intricate. Also look for subtle differences in the airframe itself. I want to say the Y model can lift more thanks to the new engines and four blade rotor system, but I'll swear nothing:)

Really interesting info! Thanks!

I'll try to identify one when I see it the next time!

Awesome work! Do you have plans to tweak the fuselage materials? At the moment it's way too shiny.

Suggestion: Make some variants of the helicopter. One with mini-guns on each side. Another with a mini-gun on one side and the GAU-21 on the other side. I would just love to see the GAU-21 because they aren't used very much when people make helicopter mods. I wish they would put them on some of their choppers. They are used a lot now, especially on special forces helo's.

Example of GAU-21 being used on Venom:

Suggestion: Make some variants of the helicopter. One with mini-guns on each side. Another with a mini-gun on one side and the GAU-21 on the other side. I would just love to see the GAU-21 because they aren't used very much when people make helicopter mods. I wish they would put them on some of their choppers. They are used a lot now, especially on special forces helo's.

Example of GAU-21 being used on Venom:

I second the request for GAU-21 Versions! One with a mix and one with two GAU-21s would be awesome!