blackpixxel

Eurocopter AS565 Panther | EC155 | Dauphin

Hi,

I just started to make an Eurocopter AC 565 Panther (Civil Version: EC155 / AS365 Dauphin) a few hours ago. My plan is to make multiple variants (different loadouts + civil version) of this helicopter. Similar to the real Panther (which is my favourite helicopter) there will be variants with autocanons, rocketpods and Air-to-Ground missiles. The Panther is made to fight against tanks and ground targets. In addition to that it can transport 10 passengers + 2 pilots. Another variant with a special radar system is used on aircraft carriers.

This will be my first vehicle for Arma 3, so it may take a while. But as long as I have no idea how to make my UTS15 working in multiplayer I will work on this aircraft.

I am also looking forward to slingloading and firing from vehicles and whether I will be able to implement both into the helicopter or not. I will also try to implement the advanced flight model, but it is a long way until then.

This thread will be updated with new picuteres and propably some questions if I run into problems :confused_o:

Current picturesRaFT58p.jpg

Feel free to share your ideas!

Edited by BlackPixxel

Nice idea, and great plan to bring this bird into arma, i know its early day but looks fine so far,keep it up and us updated;)

Definitely on the fictional side, but would you consider doing the USAF assault transport and gunship versions from the peacemaker?

Thepeacemaker135gu3.6948.jpg

600px-PMM60D.jpg

I'm well aware of the fact that in real life the only part of the US military that uses the Panther/Dauphin series is the Coast Guard, just always liked how the birds look in that movie:cool:

very cool idea,

it actually is one of my favourite helos too. The shape and the sound are just so beautiful. I second the "Peacemaker" version. Yet! plz include PLA versions as well. :)

If you need any real good pictures, go to my aircraft speculation thread near the end. Anything you need on that heli is there. Cockpit and all. Though, i'd notioned this heli being in the Vanilla game. Anyhow, i hope you don't mind early criticism, but this better the the highest quality mod heli ever. I really love this heli. Lol, make it better in detail than the Orca. Good pick though. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Source...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177354-Possible-High-Quality-Helicopters-for-Selection-STRICT-Selection/page12

I just started to make an Eurocopter AC 565 Panther (Civil Version: EC155 / AS365 Dauphin) a few hours ago. My plan is to make multiple variants (different loadouts + civil version) of this helicopter. Similar to the real Panther (which is my favourite helicopter) there will be variants with autocanons, rocketpods and Air-to-Ground missiles. The Panther is made to fight against tanks and ground targets. In addition to that it can transport 10 passengers + 2 pilots. Another variant with a special radar system is used on aircraft carriers.
Are you planning to use the BI-style technique (used on the Arma 3 jet sample) for doing the armed variants? TL;DR: Proxy in all of the possible weapon combinations with corresponding hide/show animations for each (the proxies must have named selections which are then called in the model config), then each weapon's animation is set to 'show' (using the animphase parameter) only in the variants with those weapons.
I am also looking forward to slingloading and firing from vehicles and whether I will be able to implement both into the helicopter or not. I will also try to implement the advanced flight model, but it is a long way until then.
You should be able to implement sling-loading and firing personal weapons as soon as they're on dev branch or stable, should (hopefully?) be mostly via new config entries/values, and adding memory points for sling-loading. :) As for the advanced flight model, I wouldn't worry about it yet for the same reason. As far as how to do so, you'd be calling a XML file with the flight stats, and although it appears to be very complex, here is the closest-to-official documentation ("reproduced from the official RotorLib Programmer's Guide" and "based on a version of the library that was used in TKOH patch 1.04") on the XML. (The model config page also lists new source controllers that were added specifically for use with such advanced flight model-enabled helicopters.)

Though, i'd notioned this heli being in the Vanilla game.

I am not sure whether I got you wrong, but this Panther is not in the vanilla game. The KA60 ("Orca") is just looking very similar, but never as beautiful as the Eurocopter: http://www.wallpaperspic.co/wallpapers/2013/06/Helicopters-Kamov-Russian-Air-Force-Ka-60-Wallpaper-1800x2880.jpg (751 kB)

Thank you for the nice images, they will help me a lot. I was surprised how simple and clean the cockpit is, just a few MFD's.

I think the proxy based weapons are a great idea, maybe even in combination with a loadout menu like in the F18/SU35 jet mod..

mhm....looks like a good idea. Yep, i like it.

Edited by christian2526

I am not sure whether I got you wrong, but this Panther is not in the vanilla game.

No no, what i was saying was i had made a suggestion or movement, towards having the Eurocopter EC-155 put into the Vanilla game by BIS. But now that your making a mod for it, the chances are slimmer. However though, with those pictures i had in the post, you should be well equipped to make an amazing high quality EC-155 for us. I like what you have so far in the model, keep up the great work. This will be an amazing chopper, and by far, better than the Orca, even in looks. Do you plan on taking on the VIP version? Ill be following this thread closely now. =D

I just saw that the different variants looks very different from each other (different window sizes, landing gears, engines...), so I will try to get close to the real panther design.

large-Eurocopter-AS-565-Panther-0.jpg

The panther in this version has for example an additional housing at the exhaust to lower the IR signature (which looks extremly cool :cool:). But I think that parts like this could be made optional via proxys or selections.

All in all the unarmored version may not look as smooth as the new EC155, but maybe I just create an additional model for this version by changing the panther a bit.

Well, I will think about variants when the base is finished, but I like Chris' idea of a civilian medic version next to the Panther with different weapons as well as a pure military transport version.

If it is possible I would like to make the civilian version next to a luxus version with an interior like this:

http://luxuryaircraftsolutions.com/aircraft-images/Eurocopter%20EC%20155%20Interior.jpeg (242 kB)

But it is still a long way until I get to the state where I can think about the different versions

But I think that parts like this could be made optional via proxys or selections.
That's exactly what I'm thinking, as per BI's "Buzzard" method -- the resulting P3D is larger but it should spare you from having to make multiple P3Ds (i.e. the Arma 2 AV-8B).

Hey Pixxel,

It would be great if there will be a working winch

Keep it up! I'm really looking forward to this mod. =D

Greetings DerZade

Just keep in mind that the EC-155 has 5 blades on the main rot, and not 4. The 4 is the French modified version. 5 ensure more flexibility, speed, and maneuverability.

So which one should I built?

It looks like the Panther is based more on the older Dauphin than on the new EC155, it has some very different details. Maybe I do a hybrid version out of the different variants with the parts that I like most. And to fit into the 2035 setting it may be better to build the armored panther version based on the EC155 and not the AS365.

Personally, the EC-155 is a perfect fitting aircraft for 2035 and the story line (explained in detail in my thread), and it just looks oh so perfect. I say go for the EC-155.

EDIT: Don't forget they have retractable landing gear.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

I just read that the EC155 is more a helicopter that is just part of the Dauphin series than a replacement. I also think that the AS 565 looks much better than an armed EC155. So I now decided to do the AS565, but with a five blade rotor, since we are in the year 2035 :cool:

In the last days I only worked on the shotgun, so there is not much progress here.

RaFT58p.jpg

I just read that the EC155 is more a helicopter that is just part of the Dauphin series than a replacement. I also think that the AS 565 looks much better than an armed EC155. So I now decided to do the AS565, but with a five blade rotor, since we are in the year 2035 :cool:

In the last days I only worked on the shotgun, so there is not much progress here.

http://i.imgur.com/RaFT58p.jpg

Looking good man!

Yup looks nice. :cool:

Would love to see medical skins (like heli ambulance) for it

If you dont plan on making alot of skins yourself, make sure its got hiddenselections and release a skin template or something

http://i.imgur.com/RaFT58p.jpg

Looks great! But one thing that stands out is the Main rotor isn't tilted forward like it is in real life.

Looks great! But one thing that stands out is the Main rotor isn't tilted forward like it is in real life.

I wanted to do that later to make the editing more easy. I hope that I don't forget it:)

Don't worry, i'll remind you. Though, it shouldn't be that hard to forget with all the pictures and stuff available for these helicopters. Awesome work none the less, can't wait to see more.

Nice looking WIP pic, I hope so the chopper soon ingame ;) Would you consider to add this bird to the AAF inventory?