Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Arma 2 Mi-8/Mi-17 Port

i actually have some russian helicopter weapons ready maybe sound fixes have to be applied because i did them pre-bootcamp wise for a Ka-50 Project

i´ve got all sorts of S-8(T,D, etc...) IGLA and some ATGM´s, have to take a look what ATGM´s (if you are lucky i have the Shturm & Falanga) all done config wise

(speed, range, damage,...) just tell me what you need, if you need anything.

No don't worry i can do it, it's just terribly boring lol.

I've already done the GSh-30-2 and the Yak-B, i still need to finish the ATGMs, rockets and bombs but maybe i can salvage something from my other projects to save some time.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Try and give DnA a PM. I believe DnA is the Take On Helicopters Project Leader.

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

Oh yeah I forgot TKOH had sample files released, I think you might be correct. Still though its worth a try.

Trying doesn't cost anything, i'll send him a PM now.

It could be worth a try to get permission to use the Super Hind that was seen in Take on Helicopters Hind DLC.

BIS should be adding it to the Helos DLC, assuming that is that they want a few people to buy it.

They already said what content is going to be added to the Helo DLC, it's very unlikely they come up now, with less than a week away from release, with new content.

so you dont want to use my hardly researched work in regards of weapons range, projectile speeds, and area of effect for the unguided rockets? :p

will you include one version of the S-5 and S-8 Rockets or couple others?

PS: am i allowed to modify it after your release for personal use? :)

Yesterday i realized i might have misconfigured my Mi8 and Su25 in regard to rockets. :mad:

Anyway i'll keep it simple for the first release i guess, S-5 and S-8 will have separate config values, i know there is a lot of different configurations and even types of rockets (AT, HE, flechettes, etc) but making all of them is unfeasible.

Yes you can modify it however you want as long as you don't release it to the community.

Anyway i *may* include the superhind sometime in the future.

Anyway i *may* include the superhind sometime in the future.

Sounds good, did you manage to get permission to use it or do you need to make it yourself?

Neither, but i won't spoil the surprise. ;)

Maybe BIS will come around one of these days with an official announcement i guess.

oh man just spoil it via PM please, i´m dying im soooo curious :D

It seams that these MI-8's rocket pods have gone on a walk about after the update. They still are "There" but there invisible. It could also be conflicting with RHS Ruskys. Just thought I would let you know in case there is a problem with the update that needs to be addressed.

I'm pretty sure it's because of RHS.

I tested it just now and everything seems to be in place.

I'm pretty sure it's because of RHS.

I tested it just now and everything seems to be in place.

Thats a shame, I want to use both together. Oh well thank you for looking into it.

UPDATE 25/11/2014

V0.4

Major update following the Helicopter DLC release.

Unfortunately there's still no AFM, however sling loading has been added to all versions.

The maximum payload is 3000Kg.

I also managed to fix the conflict with RHS escalation and rocket pods not showing correctly.

Materials had slight changes as well, removing the awful glossy effect inherited from A2.

You can read the rest in the changelog, as always if there's anything wrong let me know.

Changelog:

V0.4 - 25/11/2014

- Reworked materials

- Minor fixes to the Mi-171 hidden selections

- Pilot proxy now aligned correctly with rocket HUD

- Added sling loading (3000Kg max)

- Fixed proxy error with RHS escalation

- Pilot and copilot cannot switch seats anymore, like all the other A3 helos

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw5gxkmuddqbgk0/%40Cha_Mi8.rar?dl=0

Thanks for informing us of the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

V0.5 - 19/02/2015

Like my other recent releases, i've reworked most of the helos into separate factions to mirror the changes i've made to the Hind and the Frogfoot.

Also i've added 4 new textures: one with the Cuban Air Force livery, one with DDR livery, one with Sahrani Liberation Army markings and Angolan Air Force livery, and finally a CIA livery as seen in one of the very few photos during the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan.

I also made some more bugfixes here and there and implemented Zeus compatibility.

That's all, enjoy!

http://i.imgur.com/B4fCvyp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vJw4zMi.jpg

Changelog:

V0.5 - 19/02/2015

- Faction overhaul

- Four new textures (Cuba, DDR, SLA, CIA)

- Fixed few bugs with materials and interiors

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw5gxkmuddqbgk0/%40Cha_Mi8.rar?dl=0

Thanks for informing us of the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!