Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Arma 2 Mi-8/Mi-17 Port

It means you can make your own textures with whatever painting scheme you like and use it with just one line of scripting.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture

Now that i check, turns out the Mi-171Sh is not compatible with hiddenselections.

I'll eventually fix that.

Edited by Chairborne

Oh, what I was thinking of was a Mi-8 (with the clamshell doors instead) with pylons, but that's a lot more work and would involve actually fooling around with the model. A reskinned Mi-171sh would be the next best thing of course.

Oh, what I was thinking of was a Mi-8 (with the clamshell doors instead) with pylons, but that's a lot more work and would involve actually fooling around with the model. A reskinned Mi-171sh would be the next best thing of course.

You can use the MTV3 with hiddenselections. It doesn't have the same payload but it's quite similar.

you know bi hired raven who was doing the lifter mod ? so one would think that it would be because of his sling load and fast roping scripting

No i didn't know this. Well then i hope we finally get his features natively in the game without forcing us to use external scripts.

UPDATE 13/08/2014

This update should fix some of the most relevant problems.

Dead animations should work correctly now;

I found - and solved - a bug that prevented the pilot of the Mi-8MT to being shot and killed;

Armor value was raised within acceptable levels, i feel it's adequate to a helicopter of this kind;

Mirrors finally have PictureInPicture functionality;

Hitpoints SHOULD be fixed, i didn't spend too much time hangin' around and seeing how resistent they are (they all get damaged and destroyed though), they use standard BIS values so they should be in line with everything else.

I'm open to feedbacks and suggestions though.

I didn't really have time to go into detail with some of the minor features i was asked but i've added them to my list.

V0.2 - 13/08/2014

- Fixed dead state animations

- Mi-8MT pilot not invulnerable to bullets anymore

- Increased armor values

- Added PIP mirrors to all variants

- Hitpoints now working correctly

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw5gxkmuddqbgk0/%40Cha_Mi8.rar

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey good work on the mod!

That weird HUD that comes with all arma 2 ports annoys me though. If you'd like to remove it, simply put "class MFD {};" in the base vehicle class.

Keep up the great work!

Hey good work on the mod!

That weird HUD that comes with all arma 2 ports annoys me though. If you'd like to remove it, simply put "class MFD {};" in the base vehicle class.

Keep up the great work!

+1 for removing that crappy disfunctional HUD... as far as I know, Mi-8/17 doesn´t have HMDs, so get rid of it, please! ;)

Yeah i was in doubt as well if keeping or removing it.

I'll see what to do in the next release but most likely it's going to be removed.

Hello again!

whats the future plan?

if u dont have a plan yet, and think what u gonna do, then how about

CH53 or CH46?

The future plan is refine vehicles and weapons i have already released.

I have no interest in getting into other projects if i can't finish them.

The future plan is refine vehicles and weapons i have already released.

I have no interest in getting into other projects if i can't finish them.

Any plans on fitting the helicopters with the advanced flight model later on?

Yes, however i won't do anything about it until BIS gives us enough information.

Yes, however i won't do anything about it until BIS gives us enough information.

Also a thing I noticed is that the rockets are waaay too accurate. Even at a distance of 10km they all land on target.

Go tell that to BIS, i'm using ammo already present in the original game without any change to ballistics or flight paths. :rolleyes:

Go tell that to BIS, i'm using ammo already present in the original game without any change to ballistics or flight paths. :rolleyes:

Aww... Thats sad... Anyway, awesome port, can't wait for the AFM. :D

The dispersion is defined for the weapons and not the ammo. Having this in mind it should be hard to change it.

Also adding this line in the class cfgvehicles would be very welcome:" class MFD {};"

Feel free to send me a PM and i can help with the rockets, i can also share my rocket ripples if you like.

Cheers!

Thanks, HUD has already been removed.

There are still a couple things i want to fix before releasing another update.

UPDATE 20/10/2014

V0.3

Another update with minor fixes. No more ugly HUD, no more RPT error spam, and finally the Mi171Sh has hiddenselections as well so you can have fun repainting it any way you want.

V0.3 - 20/10/2014

- Hud removed

- Hiddenselections added to Mi171

- Rpt spam removed

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw5gxkmuddqbgk0/%40Cha_Mi8.rar?dl=0

There are some interesting combinations with loadouts, i know, later on i'll look into it.

Are there any standard loadouts you know of?