Sign in to follow this  
gizz46

Please BI add player movement while Dialog is opened

Dear BI Developers,

I would like to request,if it is possible to add something like an config entry or a function, which allows you to enable Player movement while a dialog is open.

This is desperatly needed and shoudl be very easy to Implement from your side. Anybody who thinks that this is a nice feature can vote for this on the following link.

What I'm trying to achieve is, the ability to walk (W,S,A,D ect.)while I'm also able to open an Interactive Dialog (with Buttons).

For example the Ingame Gear/Inventory Dialog allows you to walk around,

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20109

Edited by gizz46

Hello,

What are you trying to achieve?

There are two types of dialog, a normal display that when open you can interact with it, and RscTitles, which is a type of display that does not receive any input from the player, an example of the later would be the weapon status when player is controlling a unit that has a weapon.

Hope this helps.

Hi neokika,

I'm talking about an normal display with buttons for example (something you can interact with).

But in my case it woult b extremly usefull if the player would be able to still walk around.

I think's he's talking about the action menu and being able to commit certain actions while moving (e.g. change weapons). I could be wrong though.

I think's he's talking about the action menu and being able to commit certain actions while moving (e.g. change weapons). I could be wrong though.

Nope, I'm pretty sure he means custom dialogs (MCC is a great example) and the ability to move while using them. Currently you can have a HUD which you can't interact with or a dialog which you can interact with but your character cannot move.

Nope, I'm pretty sure he means custom dialogs (MCC is a great example) and the ability to move while using them. Currently you can have a HUD which you can't interact with or a dialog which you can interact with but your character cannot move.

Oh I see, well that makes a little less sense. I can't imagine myself ever needing/wanting to interact with dialogs (especially MCC) while on the move. I guess there may be some special cases where this could help.

hi

I ment what jona33 have said.

@Goodson

It makes sence when want to create I dialog wich you can use while in Combat, without compromising your ability to move.

Its possible to make dialogs with RscTitles and move but it aint pretty.

make a 1920 by 1080 array then fill it with zero's

then on mouse move toggle between 0 and 1, (you could make a drawboard like that also)

@defk0n_NL

can you explain this a little bit more.

However I don't understand why BI's didnt already Implement a function or config entry which allows you to move around while you have a open Dialog. This would give us the opportunity to implement an interactive gui

@defk0n_NL

can you explain this a little bit more.

However I don't understand why BI's didnt already Implement a function or config entry which allows you to move around while you have a open Dialog. This would give us the opportunity to implement an interactive gui

you would have to basically rewrite the mouse functions and make your on eventhandlers for onclick and onhover. but its possible. kinda hard to explain but here is the (ugly)mouse tracker you could theoretically use.

index = [0, 0]
mousetrack = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["MouseMoving","[_this, 133703] spawn FNC_MouseControl"];

FNC_MouseControl = {
disableSerialization;
_key = _this select 0;

_dd = _this select 1;
_display = findDisplay _dd;

_x = _key select 1;
_y = _key select 2;

//hintsilent format["%1 : %2", _x, _y];
if ((index select 0) < 1920) then {
	if(_x > 0.1) then {
			index set [0, ((index select 0) + 1)];
	};
	if(_x < -0.1) then {
		if((index select 0) != 0) then {
			index set [0, ((index select 0) - 1)];
		};
	};
};
if ((index select 1) < 1080) then {
	if(_y > 0.1) then {
		if((index select 1) != 0) then {
			index set [1, ((index select 1) - 1)];
		};
	};
	if(_y < -0.1) then {
			index set [1, ((index select 1) + 1)];
	};
};
hintsilent format["%1", index];
};

@defk0n_NL

Thanks for the info. But I would like to have it a nother way.

It would be very nice to have the abiltiy to open a Dialog and also the ability to walk via W,A,S,D or change the stance ect.

humble apologies for necromancing with an inactive thread, but I do not know where else to second this.

In some cases it makes a lot of sense to have kind of a small "combat menu" where you may lose control of the mouse, but not of the keyboard or at least not the WSAD keys. I guess if you compare it to console-gameplay, some games have it where the left stick will keep controlling movement while the right can be use for selecting an item of ie a radial menu.