kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

Hey LordBaker,

This problem has been adressed multiple times. It will eventually get fixed, but I'll say it again, these helos are mainly based for multiplayer purposes.

Reason for this is the Laser Guided Hellfires (K, N) need a laser to be on, and that's something AI can't handle.

Thanks for reporting.

I see, Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for not reading all the past post. I love the mod, and the great fixes. I hope the AI fix will come soon, so I can once again take to the skies.

SITREP 13112014:

- New HMDs, each chopper has tailored symbology, much like my HMDs MOD.

- New Turrets UI.

- "SAFE" mode added to every weapon (including side gunners).

- Fixed sound problems with AGM-114L.

- Fixed muzzle flash of the M230 Cannon of the apache.

- Apache skins have been "dulled down", so they are much less glossy now.

- New JAWS skin for the apache (Cpt. Davo's work). http://gyazo.com/984d4378f210217b6b22f29081276cff

- Sidewinders no longer lock onto ground targets.

- Still I haven't been able to fix the freakin copilot seats in some of the choppers.

- AND NO, THE NEXT UPDATE WON'T HAVE NEW FLIGHT MODEL.

Still need help with:

- The fucken m230 cannon doesn't shoot with AI on it :mad::mad::mad:. I've been testing a lotta stuff on it, no luck. I think it's got something to do with the burst variants.

i tried your mod some time ago, loved it only problem is that the AI is not really usuable with those choppers. the choppers engage very strange, dont hit anything mostly, is this fixed meanwhile or is the mod only meant to be played as pilot/gunner but not for AI?

just read your last post with the ai and gun problem=)

i tried your mod some time ago, loved it only problem is that the AI is not really usuable with those choppers. the choppers engage very strange, dont hit anything mostly, is this fixed meanwhile or is the mod only meant to be played as pilot/gunner but not for AI?

just read your last post with the ai and gun problem=)

all of them work with AI except the cannon of the apache.

The rockets work on all i beleive.

The Only hellfires that are AI friendly are the Limas, sicne all the other variants are laser guided.

Whats up with the copilot seats?

ATM there's no copilot seat for the black hawks, chinook nor huey :s

Just Add a gunner proxy, then in the config add a CoPilotTurret under turrets . Or you can make the MainTurret IsCopilot = 1; Don't use the co-pilot proxies as most i have tried dont work

Just Add a gunner proxy, then in the config add a CoPilotTurret under turrets . Or you can make the MainTurret IsCopilot = 1; Don't use the co-pilot proxies as most i have tried dont work

I've tried doing stuff in the object builder, but i cant figure out how to do jack in there. I know what i have to do, but I never took the time to learn that thing. I have some guys already helping me with some stuff, but as my schedule is now, i might have to push the update for next week...

Hi I was just wondering if you could add sling loading to these helicopters. I think you could use the ghost hawk for reference, so it could probably be done pretty fast.

EDIT: I have seen that someone else has asked this but could not find a reply. Also had a look and it looks like you need to add slingLoadMemoryPoint variables or something.

Edited by TheFinanator

Hi I was just wondering if you could add sling loading to these helicopters. I think you could use the ghost hawk for reference, so it could probably be done pretty fast.

EDIT: I have seen that someone else has asked this but could not find a reply. Also had a look and it looks like you need to add slingLoadMemoryPoint variables or something.

It's certainly in the To-Do list. But won't be on the next update.

Thx for this nice Mod Kimi - think its a lot of work !

I have only one question: I fly the AH-64D - is it right there, that i can fire Hydra´s only from Pilots´s seat postition ? In Gunner Position they are not available.

Greets Matze

Hydras only from Pilotseat. As alternative you can give an AI order to sit on Pilotseat (you have Contol of Helicopter) and the AI will shoot spotted Vehicles with the Hydras

Hotfix v1.2.1 released for the MH-47E for ArmA3? OK... It adds BIS's new Slingloading feature added in the Heli DLC. ???? hello people somehow work, but not all modules and objects .... it is probably in part only. please a patch ;)

Hydras only from Pilotseat. As alternative you can give an AI order to sit on Pilotseat (you have Contol of Helicopter) and the AI will shoot spotted Vehicles with the Hydras

Thx for the quick answer ! You know why that, i think it´s not realistic, and a pity?

Hotfix v1.2.1 released for the MH-47E for ArmA3? OK... It adds BIS's new Slingloading feature added in the Heli DLC. ???? hello people somehow work, but not all modules and objects .... it is probably in part only. please a patch ;)

What?

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Thx for the quick answer ! You know why that, i think it´s not realistic, and a pity?

IRL pilot can even shoot AGM-114L missiles and the gun, so it is realistic. But, the main reason is that the gunner isn't able to aim them, hence why the pilot is the one that shoots them.

@ Matze

Yes, if you are taking control of the Chopper as Gunner you have to Aim those Vehicles with Crosshair cause AI (which have no Control of Chopper,can only fire rockets) will Fire those missiles :)

Practice a little bit, its easy after a while :)

@ geraldbolso

Would it be possible to add even more realism to the Cobra or Apache, thought about the "blocking HE Cannon when possible friendly fire", i think the Apache has this IRL but i might be wrong. And i would love to have more Damage when shooting with the HE Cannon (only for HE Cannon) is that possible?

@ Matze

Yes, if you are taking control of the Chopper as Gunner you have to Aim those Vehicles with Crosshair cause AI (which have no Control of Chopper,can only fire rockets) will Fire those missiles :)

Practice a little bit, its easy after a while :)

@ geraldbolso

Would it be possible to add even more realism to the Cobra or Apache, thought about the "blocking HE Cannon when possible friendly fire", i think the Apache has this IRL but i might be wrong. And i would love to have more Damage when shooting with the HE Cannon (only for HE Cannon) is that possible?

Trust me when i tell you the HE rounds shot from the guns can wreck shit up (try single player), the thing is that in MP desync fucks everything up and the gun often becomes useless. Same goes for the hellfires, unless it's a direct hit it wont even kill a dude standing 2 meters from the hit :(

Now for that friendly fire blocking, isn't really possible unless some sort of Bluefor tracker gets merged with weapon systems, which problably wont happen anytime soon. I guess we'll have to conform with PID :p

Edited by geraldbolso1899

I play only Singleplayer :) I am happy with the actual damage but when i watch some Clips or Videos what the Cannon do to this Humans IRL and compare then to Arma, well, i think the AI has too much movement after some shells hits the ground right next to them. In most of the videos i watchted the People are like Stun or something, , many of the are losing ability to move cause they are confused and so on.. In Arma it sometimes looks like a CSAT Soldier dont give a little f*ck to the HE rounds, he simply walk away, i bet 1 csat Soldier would simply walk into Mordor^^

It´s not a suggestion or something, if you want to do that i am happy and if not, well its okay for me :) And when u update your Mod i thought it would be no great work for you to increase those values, or better, simply release then the usual variant and this one with more damage.

But of course it´s up to you, i respect your decision. Thanks for listening

i bet 1 csat Soldier would simply walk into Mordor^^

LOOOOL

But yeah, that's an engine limitation :(

New Update Available!!!!

US_Helos_Kimi_v2.0

Changelog v2.0:

- New JAWS skin for AH-64D (Credits go to Cpt.Davo)

- New HMDs.

- New Turrets UI.

- Removed vanilla weapon crosshairs (all weapons have their new representation in the HMDs).

- Changes to the config layout.

- Added optional UI pbo (for sissies that want the vanilla HUD).

- Some changes to the weapon's parametres.

- Added "SAFE" mode for all weapons.

- Sidewinders no longer lock onto ground targets.

- Fixed some sounds.

- AND NO, IT DOES NOT HAVE ROTORLIB.

- Hopefully fixed some issues with AI.

Edited by geraldbolso1899

Thanks you very much for informing us of the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I updated this mod and my mission won't work, says the mod has been deleted. I went into editor and removed all the choppers, saved and reinstalled the mod. Same problem, even without a single chopper it says I can't start/edit the mission because it's dependent on this mod.

What am I missing ?