Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

Hi Burnes,

I'm looking to get your LCU Mk10 onto our public server - 50 guys all telling us we should be using it! And they're right!!

However, I'm an RPT obsessive in order to keep the server stable, and we still have the texture error that Serjames reported a little while back:

"Warning Message: Cannot load texture burnes_lcac\data\lcacdeck.paa."

<repeats>

Would you be able to take a look see please and put out an update? pretty please :-)

Cheers,

Apollo

hey again apollo, yes sorry about that will get it fixed ASAP and a new version out ;)

btw guys the Abrams will be getting updated soon to fix a few little niggles that the 15th MEU have found in testing and relayed to me. I havn't submitted these files to Armaholic yet due to the fact that some errors still need to be corrected before this is ready for proper use and i want so save Foxhound having to make multiple updates.

Hi Burnes!

I have a question about your FV510 Warrior IFV.

Me and my clanmates would love to use your FV510 Warrior IFV in our coop missions, so if it's not a problem for you... could you give us Early Acces for that, and we will give you SITREP about that baby.

Regards, TheXanthos

Thank you for your work mate, you and your mods are awesome <3 Love ya

Edited by TheXanthos

Good to hear Burnes!

I'd be interested if there was a possibility of putting in a designate feature too. I also wonder if it would be possible to select "main gun" when cycling through weapons using "F" (kinda like hitting CITV/GPS GLOS) and then slaving that to your CROWS screen since the CITV isnt 100% functional.

I may be able to help you out with sounds this weekend.

sorry guys for the late reply will get round to them all this weekend.

have been working on more 51st Scots mods

IMG160001.jpg

so havn't had as much time for the public stuff this week but a new version of the Abrams that fixes *some* of the main faults found by the 15th MEU in their testing is being uploaded now.

will post a link when the upload is done. I also expect to have another challenger update done soon with more texturing improvements to exterior and interior along with armour level tweaks based on the feedback recieved over the past few months

chal30001.png

chal40001.png

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

ok new link for the abrams is up

Edited by Guest

That Challenger's lookin' mad cute, yo.

Holy crap those textures looks Amazing.. !

Hi Burnes!

I have a question about your FV510 Warrior IFV.

Me and my clanmates would love to use your FV510 Warrior IFV in our coop missions, so if it's not a problem for you... could you give us Early Acces for that, and we will give you SITREP about that baby.

Regards, TheXanthos

Thank you for your work mate, you and your mods are awesome <3 Love ya

Please do not ask for early access to anything I am working on. Everybody gets early access. I release things before they are compeltely 'finished' all the time in order to get feedback and to help find all the bugs, every release has been put out as soon as it is 'ready' to be used in game and then progressed toward a finished state based on the feedback recieved from the arma community. When its ready it will be available.

having some fun with the challenger in response to another video we found

oh and the start of a mod making tutorial series i've decided to make:

Bloody hell i cant even make the 1000m tank kills :p

Great news on the tutorials, i've always wanted to get into it but always got overwhelmed by it all so i've subscribed and i'll be waching the rest of the videos when they come. Great stuff :cool:

I dare you guys from 51st Scottish Brigade to beat my shoot! Love ya Burnes <3

some of our guys tried this in a very scientific manner on the VR map and found 17.1 is the absolute limit before the rounds despawn. He was able to demonstrate this to the point where slightly moving the tank beyond this range meant you could see the round *almost* hit the tank and then despawn. he recorded the whole event (http://www.hitbox.tv/video/444738 starts at 48 minutes i believe). Not saying your result is false or anything but from the configs point of view that is currently the furthest it can travel before its life timer runs out so unless you know something we don't your distance might be wrong :p

Distance is 17.6, i placed marker on tank, and then waypoint on that marker. Round disapear between 18km and 17.6km, my video is proof of that mate.

Distance is 17.6, i placed marker on tank, and then waypoint on that marker. Round disapear between 18km and 17.6km, my video is proof of that mate.

Your video has been edited in places, we can see this.

The video I have in the stream there is raw footage, no editing at all has been done there (which is also why it's nearly 2 hours long and has random footage of me blowing stuff up :D ).

In the raw footage, you can see the shell de-spawning right above the tank, several times, if it passes us at all any distance, using a HESH round we'd at least see the splash or even the sound of the explosion (my View distance was maxxed out as well).

So to clarify here:

The shells will not go further then 17.1km

either way its just a bit of fun guys. next version will have a much higher life span for the roudns though so then we can really push the ranges out :p

Is it possible there is different Air Friction co-efficient... it's not the distance that is coded is it, it's the Lifetime i.e. higher COD = less distance travelled over same time ?

/peacemaker mode off

Your video has been edited in places, we can see this.

The video I have in the stream there is raw footage, no editing at all has been done there (which is also why it's nearly 2 hours long and has random footage of me blowing stuff up :D ).

In the raw footage, you can see the shell de-spawning right above the tank, several times, if it passes us at all any distance, using a HESH round we'd at least see the splash or even the sound of the explosion (my View distance was maxxed out as well).

So to clarify here:

The shells will not go further then 17.1km

It's funny you can see that vid has been edited 'cuz i haven't edited it lol...

Those "Freezes" are moments in which I changed to Zeus mate...

I don't care about your opinion, i know that video is real.

Edited by TheXanthos

first of I gotta say I love the new Abrams and the new updates. the interior lights are amazing. here are a few bugs iv found and sorry if other ppl have these listed and sorry if this isn't in the correct place.

1. the MPAT rounds don't register the explosion when the shell hits the object

2. I think this may be vanilla and idk how to fix would be cool if u have a solution... but once the loader/commander reloads their gun, the main gunner's coaxial switches to the main cannon. my fix is to have said loader/commander hop out then back in to fix. honestly I noticed from the previous patch the commander didn't have mags and that was one way around, although having mags creates emersion

3. rotating the turret while using inside mode and onboard cameras don't work, ur head turns instead and doesn't line up with the inside cameras in the interior.

4. don't know if this was meant honestly I like the change but the loaders gun is now faced forward 180 and has no rotation backwards. this was just noticed from the previous update being able to do a 360. honestly I like it.

other that that everything else seems to be working. also we run the real armor mod and I didn't try it without, but it seemed for the most part the armor values we correct. I took 8 shots from a vanilla slammer including 3 AP rounds and 5 HEAT and shooting from the side of the tank to the front middle without repairing. it took 2 direct front hits to damage the hull enough for a kill but on the sides it seemed to stay away from the hull for the most part. in fact I do believe we had a few round bounce of in another test, although most the rounds that were considered "bounced off" actually went straight through and registered on the ground respective to its angle of fire.

Keep up the good work, my unit is looking forward to your future projects. This is really brilliant work Good job.

Awesome stuff, thanks for making and sharing!

/KC

are you gonna make WP rounds more effective/realistic? I mean WP rounds are used to illuminate target, but WP rounds in your challenger are useless. WP in your mod acts like HESH but it's weaker against APC's and IFV's than HESH. You can even add chemlight effect for WP's but please, make those rounds useful.

are you gonna make WP rounds more effective/realistic? I mean WP rounds are used to illuminate target, but WP rounds in your challenger are useless. WP in your mod acts like HESH but it's weaker against APC's and IFV's than HESH. You can even add chemlight effect for WP's but please, make those rounds useful.

Haha no this was never intended to be an offensive weapon and no this is not a planned change sorry. at present it is smoke only and it is useful with blastcore because of the increased smoke volume. best advice, dont like it, dont use it. There's only two of them .

Plus WP isn't allowed to be used against targets anymore is it. I know a game differs but the use of this type of round is very limited anyway.

On another note I can do character animations now so I will be adding more immersive crew animations (especially get in/out animations) and , if i can get some clarification on the cfgMoves setup, animations for the laoder when loading rounds and a much more appropriate ffv pose for the commander and loader. I actually have all the animations done and in game I'm just having trouble with assigning some of them to actions.

Outstanding news Burnes. They should clone you and perform a sex change so I can order you as a mail order bride. Loader animations are gonna be siiiiccckkk.