Sign in to follow this  
CapBlackShot

How can a trigger detect if a player is in a vehicle?

Hello,

I'm trying to add a trigger that only opens the bargate when there is a pearson on the selected area. I already have the open/close bargate code, I just need to know that.

Could anyone help me? I tried to search a lot on the internet, but I don't find exactly what I want.

Thank you!

try this in the activation field:

vehicle player in thislist

Will work if the player is in the trigger area, with or without vehicle, works in both cases.

With vehicle detection: vehicle player != player && this, trigger condition = blufor present

Thank you, people! Anyway, I managed to find a solution:

{_x iskindof "LandVehicle"} count thislist > 0

:)

Edited by CapBlackShot
  • Thanks 1

That would also trigger for AI units

you could add isPlayer _x

• Thanks 1

Anyone knows a working check that works on dedicated servers and checks if a group or all players are in a vehicle ?

Anyone knows a working check that works on dedicated servers and checks if a group or all players are in a vehicle ?

Just use the vehicle command and check that the returned value is not equal to the unit the command is being used on.

Here's an example that will check if every playable unit is in a vehicle

_inVehicleCount = {(vehicle _x) != _x} count playableUnits;
if (_inVehicleCount = (count playableUnits) then {true}

On 2014-6-21 at 1:21 PM, silentspike said:

Just use the vehicle command and check that the returned value is not equal to the unit the command is being used on.

Here's an example that will check if every playable unit is in a vehicle

_inVehicleCount = {(vehicle _x) != _x} count playableUnits;
if (_inVehicleCount = (count playableUnits) then {true}

it does not work, it gives an error.

21 minutes ago, cc_kronus said:

it does not work, it gives an error.

Why only go half the distance? Post the error you get and the attempt you made.

Digging up 3 year old threads twice a day and just posting "does not work" does not help.

Cheers

Oh my, that is an old post of mine. It's missing a bracket and an equals sign, that's probably why it errors. I assume it was just hastily written as an example anyway as it also has a totally redundant if statement.

5 hours ago, silentspike said:

Oh my, that is an old post of mine. It's missing a bracket and an equals sign, that's probably why it errors. I assume it was just hastily written as an example anyway as it also has a totally redundant if statement.

Your code doesn't work in SP (0 = 0 because count playableUnits = 0, always), and wait for all players in a vehicle in MP...

If the aim is to raise a bar gate when a player (anyone) is in the trigger area and inside a vehicle, a working code for a repeatable trigger none none:

({!isNull objectParent _x && _x inArea thistrigger} count allPlayers) >0

16 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Your code doesn't work in SP (0 = 0 because count playableUnits = 0, always), and wait for all players in a vehicle in MP...

If the aim is to raise a bar gate when a player (anyone) is in the trigger area and inside a vehicle, a working code for a repeatable trigger none none:

({!isNull objectParent _x && _x inArea thistrigger} count allPlayers) >0

Well, did you read the post above it?

I apologise that I didn't predict the existence of the allPlayers command back in 2014.

3 hours ago, silentspike said:

Well, did you read the post above it?

I apologise that I didn't predict the existence of the allPlayers command back in 2014.

No problem, no personal offense on my mind. But it's always better to let some working scripts and explain what can be wrong on former codes in a public forum. (allPlayers or playablesUnits, your code didn't answer to the question, anyway). But perhaps, i anticipated your intention.