Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

Bulldozer was terminated

I tried running bulldozer for my first time today but I get an error "Bulldozer was terminated ... Automatically". I've set up my P: drive via arma tools freshly (I hope I did it right. Prepared it first and then mounted it).

I've digged and found people talking about something called ArmA3P - I don't know what it is nor I am aware of that installed in my P: drive.

Help?

Will it help me?

I want my bulldozer to work, not to download things I might not need..

What could cause my bulldozer to not load?

Will it help me?

I want my bulldozer to work, not to download things I might not need..

What could cause my bulldozer to not load?

This IS the only thing that will help your bulldozer work. It's a small program that unpacks the pbos and sets up everything up accordingly. If you are serious about terrain building or arma modding that's what your gonna want to use

Since development update my buldozer dont work .not load and produce crash to terrain builder. I run Arma3p and extract all the files without any error at the end of the proccess the Arma3p try to install buldozer but allways give me a messaje "instaling buldozer" "access denied" ¿?¿?.

Anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

If you're running Arma3P from its "Default Install Location" in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\Bin (or something like that), then you - might - have to run Arma3P via RightClick / Run as Administrator...

Try that and see if it completes 100% successfully...

B

I also had this problem, then I ran Arma2P and after that Arma3p, problem solved.

I am experiencing the same problem, installing Arma2P first didn't work for me or launching it as an administrator. It just says installing bulldozer, access denied and then the whole process fails.

Hi, I am currently having a similar problem. When i start up bulldozer it will load my terrain fully, but will then after about 1 second freeze and after about 15 seconds the bulldozer screen will go black and i will have to close the program manually. I have tried three different terrain making tutorials to see if perhaps i made a mistake in the creation of my terrain but all have the same result.

Does anyone have any idea on how to go about fixing this or ideas on perhaps what could be causing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im getting the same error, tried to run it also as an Admin, still says access denied, bulldozer... TB works fine tough, but pretty pointless since the BD doesnt work from it ^^

EDIT. Works fine though now, but no controls in BD :(

Edited by Antekh

Everyone may have different causes for their crashes, but I've noticed that if Steam isn't running when I start Buldozer it will terminate. If it is already up when I start, no problems.

I had that issue,too and searched for like 6 days to finally solve it myself.

I copied arma3.exe and bin.pbo and core.pbo to my P:\ drive.

tried to run as administrator, but nothing worked.

Then I tried to change things inside my project folder (I was working with sahrani package) and somehow, as soon as I deleted the smd_roads of the sahrani folder it worked.

I guess there was something wrong with the files inside... still on't know what.

When I run it in arma the streets are fine, but when I unpack the pbo nothings working anymore. :)

Hi bastet

If your using the smd_sahrani stuff that's fine as that's why we released all our source data but please don't forget to change the tag which is the smd_ at the beginning of all the sources and class names. Please don't release anything with the smd tag as that will overwrite any of our data.

Also whatever is going on I can assure you it's not from our files. Those were packed with pboproject(and are error free) ;)

If your serious about modding I would suggest you check into that program created by Mikero. It will pack your addons, won't let you create a pbo if there are errors, and report the errors more clearly.

Also if you have any smd_ stuff running as a mod in arma then are packing the smd source you are working on that could be a problem to. As they will conflict and possibly cause things not to show up

Hi bastet

If your using the smd_sahrani stuff that's fine as that's why we released all our source data but please don't forget to change the tag which is the smd_ at the beginning of all the sources and class names. Please don't release anything with the smd tag as that will overwrite any of our data.

Sure I know that, currently I'm just testing if it is possible to launch sahrani with replaced objects of arma 3 and experiencing several problems.

I only work with mikeros tool, depbo'd them with them, too but there are some street files missing (still don't know why.)

It doesn't matter If i unpack it with depbo of mikero or other depbo programs, always the same streets say "missing" in terrain builder.

Also whatever is going on I can assure you it's not from our files. Those were packed with pboproject(and are error free) ;)

Maybe it's just my PC lacking some ressources to finalize.

It wouldn't be working ingame if there was a problem with your files. just bulldozer is not able to render, as soon as I take the streets into there. (what doesn't really matter, because I want to replace them with arma 3 roadshapes)

If your serious about modding I would suggest you check into that program created by Mikero. It will pack your addons, won't let you create a pbo if there are errors, and report the errors more clearly.

As said before, I'm only working with mikeros. :) and I have so many errors when packing and still don't know where they are from and as I am new to terrain building I have no idea how to solve this ='((

Also if you have any smd_ stuff running as a mod in arma then are packing the smd source you are working on that could be a problem to. As they will conflict and possibly cause things not to show up

I never played sahrani map and don't have any files on my computer so... yeah :)

But still...

I'm experiencing some serious problems here... :(

For all of those who installed ArmA3P and got access denied when installing buldozer see this:

echo installing buldozer

xcopy /q/y "%_ARMA3PATH%\*.dll" p:\
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto err

rem xcopy /q/y "%_ARMA3PATH%\arma3.exe" p:\buldozer.exe
copy /b/y "%_ARMA3PATH%\arma3.exe" p:\buldozer.exe
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto err
xcopy /q/y "%_ARMA3PATH%\steam_appid.txt" p:\
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto err

:success
echo success 
pause
@exit /B 0

:err

echo fail
pause

I'm not genious on DOS, but what I do know is that if we could do the steps below MANUALLY - it will solve the whole problem:

xcopy /q/y "%_ARMA3PATH%\*.dll" p:\
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto err

rem xcopy /q/y "%_ARMA3PATH%\arma3.exe" p:\buldozer.exe
copy /b/y "%_ARMA3PATH%\arma3.exe" p:\buldozer.exe
xcopy /q/y "%_ARMA3PATH%\steam_appid.txt" p:\

I barely understand what it means, but if I'm not wrong - we need to copy arma3.exe from the arma 3 directory, rename it to "buldozer.exe" and paste it in the P: drive.

and then copy steam_appid.txt and paste it in P: drive. I'm not sure but I will sort something out and tell you.

EDIT: Well, I copied all of the DLLs to the P: drive aswell as steam_appid. I copied arma3.exe to desktop and renamed it to "buldozer.exe" and pasted it in P: drive (replaced it with the older one).

Now 1 question, how to check if I'm all good? :)

Edited by Yuval