Sign in to follow this  
rebelvg

Arma 3 Lighting - Alpha vs. Final version

That was a post from DnA, click on "Googlava" under "Googlava's Activity" and you'll notice how there is no recent activity from him.

I'm pretty sure vBulletin considers even logging in as Last Activity, even if user doesn't post anything, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure vBulletin considers even logging in as Last Activity, even if user doesn't post anything, correct me if I'm wrong.

I logged out and relogged in, and there is nothing new in my activity.

i wasnt saying the game never looked like in the screenshot, i said the main difference between the screenshot is the shape of the clouds. in the actual build, clouds are affected by the global lighting and therefore "colored" as well, they are by no means "2D" or "mattepainted"... though beside the shape, the exact colors at a certain time of the day might differ too, that too is an "artistic" question not a technological.

anyway would like to hear a dev about it as well.

I logged out and relogged in, and there is nothing new in my activity.

Not in the list, no, but the Last Activity time updates regardless.

Wow, what a huge difference, and a huge shame that these were removed since alpha.

Also is that hole around the player when free falling still present. I know that in the Alpha you were able to fall through the clouds but later they changed something so it was impossible because whenever you got inside the cloud there was this circle that formed around you and cut out the cloud.

Also is that hole around the player when free falling still present. I know that in the Alpha you were able to fall through the clouds but later they changed something so it was impossible because whenever you got inside the cloud there was this circle that formed around you and cut out the cloud.

the hole, the extreme horizontal color edges it reveales at certain hight altitudes and generally the way the clouds blend over into the horizon/fog of war, are real immersion killers, i take those issues as indication that BI really didnt put any effort in fixed wing simulation in arma 3 so far...

the hole.

The hole was not present during the early Alpha development it appeared later in the development and has not yet been fixed.

Yeah I would like it back, but BI would probably manage to like, invert the sky and make rain black if they did it lol.

I will say that it really does improve the image though.