someguywho

Rainbow Six Siege

Yep, Ubisoft. Did anybody really think they wouldn´t introduce balance shattering microtransactions?

That what you get for being a UbiSoft consumer. ;p

I will stick to Raven Shield and it's expansion, the last RS game not catered towards a arcade/console audience.

I will stick to Raven Shield and it's expansion

You mean "expansions", considering that there were two :P

Yep, Ubisoft. Did anybody really think they wouldn´t introduce balance shattering microtransactions?

Well, it isn't balance shattering to be fair. You can unlock operators with the mircotransactions, but you can also do that with the ingame currency. Besides that you can buy more of those horrible weapon camos (Whoever pays money for this ugly shit is clearly a victim. And shame on the creator.) and gun-packs.

Of course this doesn't answer the question why ever there a such transactions in a full price game. But it seems we have to get used to it if the game is released by publishers like EA and Ubisoft. I mean, people already get used to it that they are releasing overhyped crap anyway, so...  -_-

Weapon camos? I already hate that stuff in CSGO where most people run around with totally ugly neon weapon skins.

Why would they do it in a game, that pretends to be realistic. I have watched a couple of videos, the gunplay seems to be even worse than in Call of Duty.

Flashbangs look and sound nice though. And maps looks great too. But all in all, its not worth it, and you just cant call it a Rainbow Six game anymore.

... you just cant call it a Rainbow Six game anymore.

Sure you can, because Siege follows suit with the "fantasy" style of R6 that's been going on for more than a decade. "Sim" style Rainbow Six'es to which you are referring to are a minority in any way you look at them now. If we mark Lockdown as the moment when shit hit the fan, sim style R6's were actual for 6-7 years. "Fantasy" style R6 has been around for a decade and is still going strong. The "fantasy" releases outnumber the "sim" releases by a decent margin.

Well you have a point there, its just me trying to forget that Lockdown ever happened.